Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 3, 2017 10:16 pm  #281

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2017

I finished the Midnight Castle challenge late Tuesday night.  Earned the three new avatars on both my games.  Totally exhausted, but...today we had a mini-update which probably means that another challenge will be starting within the next week!

I'm still working on Sliders and Other Square Jigsaw Puzzles.  Have between 30-40 puzzles left to do.  I want to play a HOPA before the next MC madness begins, and I've chosen Ghost Files: The Face of Guilt Collector's Edition.  Thought I'd reward myself by playing something relatively brand new.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

August 4, 2017 5:26 pm  #282

Yikes Tirama! MC sounds like a full time job!

August 6, 2017 6:28 am  #283

I have been playing games during this harrowing time but wasn't up to posting. Many I can't even remember if I liked them or not, they just took my mind off things.
I finished:
Ominous Objects: Family Portrait PE
Bridge to Another World: Burnt Dreams PE
Solitaire Ted and P.E.T
Spirit of the Ancient Forest

Aloha Solitaire
Griddlers: Ted and P.E.T 2
Crime Line
Rainbow Mosaics: The Forest’s Guardian
The Legacy: Forgotten Gates PE
Beyond the Unknown: A Matter of Time PE
Bridge to Another World: The Others PE
Cadenza: The Kiss of Death PE
Adam Wolfe PE
Amaranthine Voyage: The Obsidian Book PE
Haunted Hotel: Eternity PE
Fantasy Mosaics 23: Magic Forest
The Far Kingdoms: Garden Mosaics

One I do remember really enjoying was Adam Wolfe.

August 11, 2017 2:20 pm  #284

I'm embarrassed at how long it's taking me to finish a game tis month.

I'm playing Ghost Files: The Face of Guilt Collector's Edition.  Finished the main game, still have the bonus chapter to play.

This is the first Brave Giant game I've played.  For the most part, it's a straight-forward detective has to solve a murder game.  I like those.  Had an interesting twist at the end, which doesn't completely hold up under scrutiny, but what the heck. 

I wondered why the series was called Ghost Files.  The main game did have some, not sure how to describe it without spoiling the story, let's say "supernatural" moments, but from the little I've seen of the Bonus Chapter, it looks like supernatural/paranormal/whatever is the direction things are going.

I'm still plodding along with Sliders and Other Square Jigsaw Puzzles.  All I have left to solve is the Mirrored Jigsaws and a few Square Jigsaws that appears to be of the L-shaped variety.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

August 12, 2017 4:50 am  #285

I have finished:

Claws & Feathers 3. Very fun!!!
Haunted Hotel - Eternity PE. Rather fun. Many collectibles. Long BG. Fun Secret Room.
Fantasy Mosaics 23 - Magic Forest. Fun, but very easy.
Reflections of Life - Equilibrium PE. Fun. Long. The collectibles (shards, 3 in each scene) were rather hard to find.
The Far KIngdom - Garden Mosaics. Ok. I didn't like decorating the garden, just played the griddlers.
Haunted Legends - The Dark Wishes PE, Fun! But I really dislike the little dwarf St Germaine...

Lilyr, thanks for the nice comments 

August 15, 2017 7:30 am  #286

Good things come to those who wait.  Big Fish has just released Agatha Christie: The ABC Murders.

I have a bunch of SE games I want to get, so I guess I'm going to have to stop waiting for a Super Sale and settle for a CE BOGO.  I need the PCC's.

Finally finished Ghost Files: The Face of Guilt Collector's Edition and Sliders and Other Square Jigsaw Puzzles.  Debating what CE to play next.

August 15, 2017 11:19 am  #287

I am working on Whispered Secrets: The Story of Tideville for the last 2 weeks.  I like it well enough, but never have the time anymore to play.  

​Tirama: I was excited to see Agatha Christie: The ABC Murders too.  

​I have 1 game credit left and 3 games that I am interested in.  With a SE BOGO sale, I know for sure that I will get the ABC Murders one.  The other 2 that I am debating on are:

Tiny Tales: Heart of the Forest -- looks cute
Maze: Nightmare Realm -- I like the first 2.

​Has anyone demo these 2 games yet?  If so, what did you think?

i ♥ nirvana

August 16, 2017 2:07 pm  #288

I know exactly what you mean Tirama, but do I still hold out for a Super Sale? Labour Day?  I have no PCCs.  But I have lots of things to play so I think I might still plod along.  lol my demo portion of the GM is starting to outpace the games.  I dl about once a month. Currently I am playing the first Adam Wolfe game.  Very enjoyable, I've completed the first chapter.  Plus I think I am on the fifth planet of Gizmos.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

August 16, 2017 3:47 pm  #289

oscar66 wrote:

I know exactly what you mean Tirama, but do I still hold out for a Super Sale? Labour Day?  I have no PCCs.  But I have lots of things to play so I think I might still plod along.  lol my demo portion of the GM is starting to outpace the games.  I dl about once a month. Currently I am playing the first Adam Wolfe game.  Very enjoyable, I've completed the first chapter.  Plus I think I am on the fifth planet of Gizmos.

The past two years, there have been BOGO's on the Labor Day weekend.  So I guess I will wait until then unless a Super Sale appears first.

August 17, 2017 10:42 am  #290

I'm playing Mystery Trackers: Paxton Creek Avenger Collector's Edition and Double Clue: Solitaire Stories.

I'm only in the first chapter of Paxton Creek Avenger.  So far, the hidden object scenes and mini-games all have a musical theme.  Enjoying the game so far.

Double Clue: Solitaire Stories has a good storyline, a murder mystery, something you don't get often in a card game. 

There's 3 different types of solitaire you can play:  1-up 1-down, matching 2 cards, or 2 cards adding up to 14.  Or you play in mixed mode and play some of each type.  There's also joker cards (similar to the club cards in Fairway.  There's also 4 power-ups to help you earn more jokers and to remove cards from the layouts. 

You play the layouts to discover clues, analyze them, and there's a Concentration mini-game you play to interrogate suspects.  The mini-game can be skipped.

I used a pcc to get this game and I have no regrets.

Last edited by TiramaSue (August 17, 2017 10:42 am)

Board footera