Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 21, 2017 1:17 pm  #241

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2017

I've just posted a review in my Reviews list, if anyone's interested.  

The Legacy: Forgotten Gates PE  by  FIVE-BN UK

Recommendation:  Yes, Yes, Yes!  SE or CE!  I definitely think the CE is worth it.

It's long, challenging, with great extras, and it's fun and original. 

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

June 22, 2017 11:44 am  #242

It's nice to see you doing a review, stusue.

I just finished playing for the second time Cadenza: Havana Nights.  It was fun.

i ♥ nirvana

June 22, 2017 4:24 pm  #243

I have finished;
Shiver - The Lily's Requiem PE. Very fun.
The Legacy - Forgotten Gates PE. Also very fun!!!
Fantasy Mosaics 22 - Summer Vacation. Easy but fun.
Alice's Jigsaw - Wonderland Chronicles 2. Ok with FunPass.
Maestro - Dark Talent PE. Ok. Very short.
The Book of Desires. Old, from  -12, but seemed older. I discovered that I was in the middle of chapter 2 (probably from the demo on BFG) and continued from there. No VO. Ok-ish...
Dark Chronicles - The Soul Reaver. Fun and easy. Nice graphics and music. No VO, short.
Dark Tales - Edgar Allan Poe's The Mystery of Marie Roget PE. Fun puzzles, but nothing special.
Tibetan Quest - The World's End PE. Fun at first but got bored in the end.

As you see, I have been vey productive 

Sun, I pop in and out of BFG every now and then, when I feel that there's a game  I can't wait for to come to GH.  

Last edited by Anki (June 22, 2017 4:25 pm)

June 23, 2017 10:19 am  #244

I finished Surface: Game of Gods Collector's Edition (released in Nov 2014, gulp!) and Surface: Alone in the Mist Collector's Edition.  

I really disliked the previous one in the series (Surface: Reel Life) which is why I've been ignoring this series for so long.  But I was watching YouTube videos of the series and was two chapters into Game of Gods (and enjoying it immensely) when it stopped looking familiar and I realized that I had only played the demo of that one.

I liked both Game of Gods and Alone in the Mist.  They weren't all that difficult (Alone in the Mist had an arcade puzzle I had to skip) but the storylines were good, and I never had the 'how much more before I'm done'  feeling.

I'm going to play 9 Clues: The Secret of Serpent Creek next.  Somewhat disappointed that there has been no Super Sale this month.  Last year, there were TWO Super Sales in the month of June.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

June 23, 2017 10:40 am  #245

OMG! I've actually played 9 CLUES!  That almost never happens. I'm hoping we'll get a super sale for July 4th.

June 23, 2017 10:55 am  #246

lilyr wrote:

OMG! I've actually played 9 CLUES!  That almost never happens. I'm hoping we'll get a super sale for July 4th.

Well, I only acquired the two 9 Clues games in March 2017, so I expected everybody else to have played them.  I do have some really moldy old games left to play, bought back in 2013, and I'm guessing everybody else has played them as well.

I see there's another Clutter game coming out in the not so distant future.  I still haven't played Sliders and Other Square Jigsaw Puzzles or Clutter VI: Leigh's Story.

I had hoped that by the end of this year, in each series I'd only have one game waiting to be played.  I don't think that's going to happen, partially because of how much time MC takes up and partially because I have a tendency to use my PCC's on games that take a long time to play.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

June 23, 2017 12:39 pm  #247

Speaking of the Surface games, I've just posted a review of the latest one!  

Surface 11: Strings of Fate CE  by  Elephant Games

I loved it and recommend either the SE (which ends conclusively) or the CE (with a great, long bonus chapter and some of the best HOPs and MGs).  It would be down to a choice of whether you think the collectibles (flowers - tricky - or morphing character dolls - easy but give you background info about each character in the game) - are worth it.  The Secret Room is simply 3 extra HOPs (which aren't very interesting) that you earn as you find the flowers, and which you can replay as often as you like to beat your best times but after only the second play my best times were 40, 31 and 32 seconds respectively, so they aren't very challenging.

I play with touch and thus no cursor at all (so nothing to point out the active areas), no helpful messages, don't skip any minigames, use no hints, and keep my reference to the map and SG down to an absolute minimum, and the main game took me about 6 hours and the bonus game about 2:15 hours.  I also wander around when I get stuck, and like taking my time, so the game might be shorter for you.

The adventure part of the game is challenging, as are a lot of the minigames, very different to the latest trend of making the games really easy.  The HOPs also offer some challenge.  A lot of both the HOPs and MGs are original (at least I've never come across them before) and fun!

The story ain't bad, either!

I loved it and can recommend both the SE and CE.

If you'd like a much more in-depth review, check out my full review in my review thread.

June 25, 2017 6:49 am  #248

I've just posted another review in my review thread.  

The Great Gatsby - Secret Treasure  by  SoDigital

It's only just been released by GameHouse but was released by BFG way back on Christmas Day in 2013.  Even though it's quite old fashioned (eg. no widescreen), I really liked it and can definitely recommend it.  It has a really interesting story, intertwining the modern era with the (true, in this game) story of The Great Gatsby.  It has some really fun, original minigames and some challenging HOPs.

June 25, 2017 9:30 am  #249

And yet another review!  

Scarlett Mysteries: Cursed Child - SE  by  World-Loom  (Artifex Mundi - publisher)

This game hasn't as yet been released by either BFG or GameHouse.  I bought the Android version from Amazon.de and played that - which was great as I had the choice of using the tilt capability of my tablet to play a minigame where you have to cross over to the attic using a plank or something similar.  It was hard but fun!

The story was nothing new but you get a lot of extras for an SE - everything except a SG and a bonus chapter!

I can recommend it, especially with a PCC.

As usual, if you'd like a more detailed review, check out my review thread.

June 26, 2017 10:23 am  #250

I finished both 9 Clues games.  I wonder why there hasn't been any more in the series.  Downloaded Sliders and Other Square Jigsaw Puzzles to work on.  The next HOPA series I'm going to work on is Vermillion Watch.

Still waiting for a Super Sale.

Board footera