Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 30, 2017 2:05 pm  #221

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2017

Fudge- so glad you liked Gizmos.  I know I bang on about how great I think they are and better than the coloured ones for me, so I'm glad you got hooked!  I just finishedd Riddles of the Universe for the 4th time.   I'm going to get the new one today. I need one last punch.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

June 1, 2017 10:51 am  #222

I finished Dead Reckoning: Death Between the Lines Collector's Edition.  Enjoyed this one.  Liked the storyline tie-in with some of Eipix's other series.

I finally got a gold time on the last grid of Gizmos: Interstellar Voyage.  Had to play about a half dozen more grids to get the final trophies to register.  So I'm putting this one in the done column.

Going to work on the Labyrinths of the World series next.

Totals for May:  acquired 6 SE's with punch card codes.  completed 4 CE's and 3 SE's.  Not great but I've had worse months.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

June 2, 2017 5:59 pm  #223

I'm having a hard time playing games recently.  Perhaps since that I forced Windows 10 update.  I keep getting access error violations.  Or when you click play the game is obviously trying to open and then goes to the thanks for playing screen.  Hmm.my graphics, direct x etc are all up to date.  I fear I will have to delete and reinstall my GM which has hundreds of games on it.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

June 2, 2017 8:51 pm  #224

Sorry to hear that oscar. Someone else was having similar problems and also had scads of games on their GM. Maybe that's the problem?  I wouldn't know because I only have about 8 on mine. When I finish a game I delete from my GM.

June 2, 2017 10:45 pm  #225

oh lily, those are my unplayed ones I hate to admit.  I delete them as well when I'm done.
I think I'll have to take pictures of each screen and then just add a few on at a time.  I'm annoyed though.  I couldn't stop this Windows 10 update, I certainly tried, now all these issues.  None of the Grim Tales games work at all.  Some others you the screen goes black and then the thanks for playing.  I'm afraid I won't be able to get back the original Fairway if I delete.

June 3, 2017 12:17 am  #226

Oscar, the Windows 10 update was causing problems for MC players.  The game wouldn't open.  A poster suggested that they try this and it seems to have worked.

1. Lower the launch resolution- switch to 1600 x 1200, or any other resolution if you don't happen to have that one as an option.
2. Launch the game, it should open.
3. Exit the game.
4. Revert the computer's screen to your preferred resolution 

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

June 3, 2017 9:05 am  #227

oscar I hope Tirama's fix works for you. If you own a game, even if BFG doesn't offer it anymore, as long as it's in your purchase history you should be able to reinstall it.  I have one game that I bought before BFG stopped selling it. It is listed as PP something (not anywhere near the name). It downloads and plays fine. I have the original FAIRWAYS too. That also downloads and plays.

June 4, 2017 3:40 am  #228

I have finished:
Love Chronicles - A Winter's Spell PE. Rather good. Long.
Wave of time. Very fun! Loaded with mini-games. The devs are Itera Labs, same as Lost in Time - Invasion.
Mosaics - Game of Gods 2. Fun!
Lost Artifacts PE. Rather fun. Don't buy if it's CE price! No extra levels and the other extras were only Concept Art and Music that you couldn't save. 
Dark Dimensions - Homecoming PE. Rather boring.

Dexed  Griddlers  - Tropical Delight on level 105 (of 120). Couldn't stand the guesswork. Some levels had 3 or 4 squares to fill in on each row on 30x35 grids!

Oscar, I have the original Fairway too (like Lilyr),  I redownloaded it a couple of months ago. In your Purchase History there's a red square in front of it. Maybe because I have both.

June 4, 2017 11:02 am  #229

My FAIRWAY has the red square too. It's right in the alphabetical list of games where it should be. I downloaded it yesterday and have been happily playing it.

Last edited by lilyr (June 5, 2017 10:15 am)

June 5, 2017 6:18 pm  #230

Love the original Fairway!

Tirama -  😘 Thank you thank you thank you!  Worked like a charm!  a whole 💐 for you.  The idea of having to start over was daunting.

Board footera