Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 24, 2017 4:18 am  #211

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2017

I have finished:
Griddlers - Legend of the Pirates. Superboring!!! Had to force myself to finish it.
Redemption Cemetery - Embodiment of Evil CE. Very fun. Better than expected.
Cadenza - Fame, Theft and Murder CE. Very fun! Long BG.
Labyrints of the World - Devils Tower CE. Ok. I never learn... they're fun in the demo but always going downhill after...
Darkness and Flame - Missing Memories CE. Loved it!!!     I just had to have it, bought it after 15 min of the demo and couldn't stop playing.

Stuesue, nice to see you back again!  I was getting worried...
Regarding our daughter she's still not well and home full time from school this whole term and will have to redo her 8th grade again 

Welcome back Wendy 

May 24, 2017 9:07 am  #212

I bought Alan Wake xbox 360 game at a yard sale and have been playing that.  It is also a computer game too.  What to say about Alan Wake...It plays like a novel because the story is the main part of the game.  I imagine it is like playing a Stephen King novel...Shadowy dark figurines come after you while you are wandering by yourself in the woods at night.  I am getting pretty adept at shooting them now.  Sometimes the shadowy figures just keep coming after you, so I get my husband to get me through to the next part.  The game is set up in chapters and I have just finished the second chapter.   I like it, but there is a lot of shooting and being chased in the woods in the dark.  I am making it sound like a shooter game, but there is a plot to it, a creepy plot.

I did buy the Phantasmat: Mournful Loch game.  I don't know how I feel about it.  I miss the original Phantasmat game.  Only 3 characters in it, but they talked to you as the player and shared stuff with you and you got to find out their secrets and all.  This game Mournful Loch... you find a item and use it here and then you find another item and use it there.  I am not even sure what the story is all about.

Stusue...Good to see you.  How nice to have family visiting for a bit.  Exhausting, but still nice to get together.

Last edited by sunshinej (May 24, 2017 9:27 am)

i ♥ nirvana

May 24, 2017 9:19 am  #213

I forgot to say...

Hi Wendy...I know what you mean by that split second look at the picture you have just made.  I don't know why they do that.

Anki...sorry to hear that your daughter is still unwell.  

i ♥ nirvana

May 24, 2017 9:34 am  #214

Anki I'm so sorry your daughter is still unwell.  I'm sure she's not happy about having to repeat the 8th grade again. Here in the US if a child can't attend school due to illness tutors will come to the home and essentially do home schooling. Does Sweden have that or is your daughter not able to do it because of her illness?  Hugs and prayers for all of you.

May 24, 2017 4:45 pm  #215

Lilyr, we tried some kind of home schooling, but with only one teacher (who was not any good) and we had to drive to the place where she was. It became too stressful for our daughter and she had already lost so much time in school, so we (even she) thinks it's best to do it again...     Thanks for hugs and prayers 

Sunshine, I have Alan Wake still unplayed and I even got the second American Nightmare for free on some sale on GOG. When I went to checkout the sum was $0.00. They had that kind of promotions some years ago, they randomly gave games away during the sales. I might download it and start shooting...
I could ask my daughter for help with the really bad ones 

May 25, 2017 9:28 am  #216

Anki...Nice Deal! Always nice to get stuff for free.  I'm hooked on the game, always trying to squeeze it in when I got some time.   

i ♥ nirvana

May 26, 2017 10:03 am  #217

Has anyone played Mexicana Deadly Holiday?  I like it but I don't like it.  The gameplay is good, when it works.  I find I am having to click all over the place with an item and it won't work, come back to the same spot and then the item works.  Frustrating to say the least.  Also frustrating is I have no idea of my progress in the game, how close I am to the goal.  The tasks don't seem to be purposeful in advancing. The HO scenes are pretty interesting.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

May 29, 2017 10:58 am  #218

I've finished:

Big City Adventure: London PE
Gizmos: Riddle of the Universe

Really enjoyed BCA London, especially the story mode.

Now I'm hooked on Gizmos. I didn't notice at first that you can switch the background images off but love it now I can actually see what I'm doing better!

May 29, 2017 11:48 am  #219

I finished Dead Reckoning: Snowbird's Creek Collector's Edition.  Nothing special.   I've started the next one, Dead Reckoning: Death Between the Lines Collector's Edition, and I'm liking this one a lot.  

Most of my time has been spent play MC.  Right now, I'm on a lucky streak getting the daily quests that are easy to do (unlike in Jan-Feb, when I was receiving the same horror 90% of the time.    So I want t play as much as possible while things are going my way.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

May 29, 2017 5:05 pm  #220

May -- I "bought" one game with a PCC -- BCA: ROME.  Since I played it twice (Relaxed and Timed) does that count as two games? 

FudgeChi:  I liked the story mode to LONDON too.

Tirama -- You've certainly gotten in to MC. I'm glad you're getting easier daily quests. I played the game for a while, very early on, but it just didn't engage me.

Board footera