Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 3, 2017 11:38 am  #191

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2017

I was think the other day as a game I chose started, hmm I haven't played an ERS game in quite a while.  It was Grim Façade Hidden Sins.  Well it was great! I highly recommend it.  Good revenge story, varied puzzles easy to medium, and HOs, really nice comic book style intro.  The characters of course look like ERS characters with the baddies having more of a sinister look.  Really good game.  I initially though well this is going to be short when I check to see my progress on the walkthrough, but the back half of the game is long. Enjoy if you haven't played it

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

May 4, 2017 8:33 am  #192

Today's sale - Have they ever limited the number of games you can buy? 

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

May 4, 2017 11:35 am  #193

oscar66 wrote:

Today's sale - Have they ever limited the number of games you can buy? 

I've seen that wording before when there was an ERS bundle sale.  It's a bit deceiving.  The only games available for bundling are the previous 4 games in the Chimeras series.  Maybe they are trying to emphasize that you can only bundle the standard version of the previous games and not the collection's editions?

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

May 5, 2017 8:25 am  #194

Ah thx, I didn't click learn more obviously I should have!

May 5, 2017 8:49 am  #195

Anki...Great!  I can't wait to get ABC Murders.  I'm still waiting for BFG to get it, if they ever do. 

I'm still playing Post Mortem and Labyrinths of the World: Stonehenge Legend.  While I think the Stonehenge Legend game is okay, it really has nothing to do with Stonehenge except that is where the game starts at.  I thought that was disappointing.

i ♥ nirvana

May 8, 2017 6:19 pm  #196

Just read a strange review of one of the Gizmos games.  Reviewer complained that the timer made it difficult to get gold rating (wanted timer removed) and also complained that if you use hints, you don't get a gold rating.  The went on to say that the game didn't challenge him/her. 

Needing to beat the clock, make no mistakes, and use no hints isn't challenging?  Whatever

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

May 10, 2017 7:52 pm  #197

I've finished Midnight Calling: Jeronimo Collector's Edition and Midnight Calling: Valeria Collector's Edition.  I played along with the YourGibs videos because I enjoy his upbeat commentary.  Makes me slow down and appreciate the little details included in the games.

And there's only one more task left to complete for the MC castle challenge.  Some difficult tasks this time around.  Had to beat the Troll at dice 5 times!  (Fudge will know what I'm talking about).

Still working on Gizmos.  There are 24 grids that I haven't managed to get a gold time on.  I'll probably work on it for another week or 2 before I declare the game finished.

Want to play the 2 Royal Trouble games next. 

Last edited by TiramaSue (May 11, 2017 12:53 am)

May 14, 2017 8:40 am  #198

Guess I'll continue talking to myself.

I just finished  Royal Trouble.  I'd call this game an light adventure.  Like the large file adventure games, save points are created so you can go back a replay from any of them.  Unlike the large file adventures, I don't think you can die at any point.

The art style is very cartoonish but it works well with the characters.  Their actions and antics seem endearing, but if the characters had been drawn more realistically, the odds are you wouldn't like them and thing they were rather boorish.

Liked switching back and forth between the characters.

Going to play Royal Trouble: Honeymoon Havoc next.

May 14, 2017 5:48 pm  #199

I'll play! Lol, I really enjoyed Royal Trouble, it was a fun little tongue in cheek romp.  I did buy the second one as well.

I started a new game last night but I was so tired I last just 15 minutes.  It was one of the Love Chronicles I believe but I can't even remember.

May 15, 2017 8:27 am  #200

I finished Labyrinths of the World: Stonehenge Legend.  It took me forever to finish it.  I found it disappointing because it had nothing to do with Stonehenge.

I have 1 pcc and I am going to use it on Phantasmat: Mournful Loch today.  That will be my next game.

i ♥ nirvana

Board footera