Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 4, 2017 10:44 am  #141

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2017

lilyr wrote:

Tirama -- I'll be praying for your DH.

Thanks.  The tests appear to show that only 1 of the 4 glands needs to be removed.  If that's the case and there's no problems, DH should be able to come home the same day, but he won't be able to return to work for about a week.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

April 4, 2017 10:47 am  #142

Tirama...Best wishes for your husband on his upcoming operation.

Oscar...So what do you think of the newest Cadenza...CE or SE? 

I finished Sea Legends: Phantasmal Light...Pretty good for an older game.  I liked it. When I was playing it, it reminded me of another game.  Twisted Lands: Shadow Town.

i ♥ nirvana

April 5, 2017 3:27 pm  #143

Thanks, sunshine.

I finished Cursed Cases: Murder at the Maybard Estate Collector's Edition.  The game was on the easy side, but I really enjoyed it.  I like murder mysteries set in mansions filled with suspicious character hiding secrets.

Not sure what I'll be playing next.  The spring Event should be starting in MC any day now, just downloaded the update. 

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

April 5, 2017 11:07 pm  #144

I just trashed Rainbow Mosaics Blooming Gardens.  That's it I am not buying another of these colour ones unless it is like Wolf Stories.  I keep playing them thinking what am I missing.  I just don't get the appeal of them.  There is no challenge whatsoever after you get the first colour in ( and even before)  it basically shows you exactly where you need to lay the colour with very few extra boxes. What am I missing? The biggest challenge is holding the cursor in a straight line to fill in all the boxes!  

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

April 6, 2017 3:01 pm  #145

LOL, Oscar! I do know what you mean though. Wolf Stories is great and worth buying. Ones like Rainbow Mosaics just aren't but, for me, they are very enjoyable to play with my Fun Pass. Nice and relaxing but not worth spending money on.

I've now finished all 3 Hidden Clues. Griddler games, very easy.

April 6, 2017 3:09 pm  #146

I play the easier nonogram games on their expert setting and try to see how many I can finish without using the right-click.  It's good training for me for the Gizmo games because in order to achieve the gold time, too much time can't be devoted to right-clicking the boxes that are empty.

I'm on planet 8 in the latest Gizmos, but I have a bunch t replay to try and get the gold time.  I really hate when I make a mistake and one of the dudes gives that big dramatic sigh.  They don't need to be so exasperated and disrespectful.  I'm the one who's going to have to replay it, not them.

April 6, 2017 4:15 pm  #147

You and me both on the perfects T.  And that sigh.  I have had a couple that were a time cruncher for me. I have finished my demo but haven't purchased.

I really don't mean to knock anyone else's pleasure in the games, just not for me.  I don't even find them relaxing, just blah.  And I do the whole perfection thing, no right click but......So until I buy the new Gizmos I think I'll just start Universe again. Or I think I have a demo for Santas workshop, I think that was all one colour.

For those who like Spooky Bonus I noticed they have a new Easter one.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

April 6, 2017 6:20 pm  #148

oscar66 wrote:

You and me both on the perfects T. And that sigh. I have had a couple that were a time cruncher for me. I have finished my demo but haven't purchased.

I really don't mean to knock anyone else's pleasure in the games, just not for me. I don't even find them relaxing, just blah. And I do the whole perfection thing, no right click but......So until I buy the new Gizmos I think I'll just start Universe again. Or I think I have a demo for Santas workshop, I think that was all one colour.

For those who like Spooky Bonus I noticed they have a new Easter one.

I find the music in many of the easier nonogram puzzles to be enjoyable.   As for Gizmos, what's with the guy screaming at the top of his lungs  "To the arms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  What does that even mean?

April 7, 2017 9:04 am  #149

Lol I just ignore those guys, but yes the music is often very nice, lol Forest Riddles is very zen with the music.
I finished the new Cadenza, it was fun, easy and not as good as the first one or even the second.  I missed the jazzy mystery quality.  I think I'll add the one you mentioned T to the list for the mystery.

April 7, 2017 10:42 am  #150

Nonograms...I have been working on the same game since I bought it on February 2013.  Arizona Rose and the Pirates' Riddles.  I am going to finish it one day, I hope. 

A group play started for Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper today.  Now I started this one last year some time ago and since this is very good, but very long game, I got tired of playing it for awhile and put it on the back burner.  This group play is just what I needed to give me a kick in the pants to finish it. 

i ♥ nirvana

Board footera