Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 23, 2016 1:33 pm  #71

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2016

I decided to take a break from the oldies and play some newer games for a while.  Remembered doing the beta for Sable Maze: Norwich Caves back on 08/19/13 and remembered I really liked it so when I went back to my schedule, realized it was the second game in the series.

Just finished Sable Maze: Sullivan River CE and enjoyed it a lot.  Lots of IHOS which were really good and the puzzles were even better, IMO.  Ended up with 16/18 achievements, with the only 2 I missed, clicking 3 objects in 3 seconds (really didn't try) and no misclicks in HOS (that's never going to happen). Needed to collect 30 notes and for the longest time wasn't sure what they were but looked at achievements and it was notes that furthered the story along.  Lots of monarch butterflies throughout the game and wondered about those but think they were only indications of areas to check out.   Enjoyed playing it so much that I'm going on to Sable Maze: Norwich Caves CE.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

January 23, 2016 5:40 pm  #72

I hope you're feeling better Tirama.

Who can blame you Tee!  I have two Sable Mazes waiting to be played, Forbidden Garden and Soul Catcher and  four of the Dark Parables.  I'm going to go off your list and play them in that order T.

I just finished Mythic Wonders Philosophers Stone and I really enjoyed it.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

January 23, 2016 6:08 pm  #73

I'm playing the PE of Stray Souls Dollhouse Story.  If was released in Feb. of 2011, so almost 5 years old.  I played the SE of it way back then and thought I'd replay it.  It has withstood the test of time, you wouldn't think it was that old.  It's supposed to be quite short, somebody even said they finished it 15 minutes after the demo ended.  Others said it took 4-5 hours.  Short is okay with me, then I might be interested in the bonus chapter.  There's a lot of HOs and also morphs.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

January 23, 2016 6:25 pm  #74

Thanks, Oscar.

I've also have a bunch of Sable Maze games waiting to be played.  In addition to the 2 you mentioned, I have Sable Maze: Twelve Fears.  Never bought the first one, did play the 2nd and enjoyed it.

I'm pleased I managed to get caught up with Mystery Trackers before the released a new one.  Hoping to do the same with the Dark Parables.  Not sure which backed up series t tackle after that.  Guess I'll decide when I see how long Dark Parables takes. 

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

January 23, 2016 6:59 pm  #75

Sorry you had such a bad cold, etc. Tirama.  

As usual I haven't finished anything.  I AM more than 1/2 way through CLUTTER V and enjoying it.

I can't believe there is yet another PUPPET SHOW game.

January 23, 2016 11:30 pm  #76

I finished Stray Souls, I liked it even with the gazillion HO scenes.  I got a little stuck a couple times and looked all over and couldn't find the strategy guide, although I'd looked in it and found out about the morphs , and then I couldn't find the Bonus game after I finished  and then... I realized that I started the PE on the laptop but when I decided I wanted to play it on the big monitor I downloaded the SE instead.  So now no bonus game, when I was actually, finally looking forward to one  .

January 24, 2016 1:58 pm  #77

I've started a new Funpass game, Mysteries of the Past Shadow of the Daemon PE.  Don't quite know what makes it a PE, there's a bonus game but I haven't seen a strategy guide, morphs, or collectibles.  The middle setting said sparkles on all active areas, I only like them on HOs, so I chose the hardest mode with no hints or skips so I hope I don't get stuck.  And there are still sparkles on the HOS, lol.  Can't find the strategy guide either, .  The HOs are varied.  There are FROGs, and after you're done with that you put the items back in the scene.

January 24, 2016 7:37 pm  #78

I finished Dark Parables: Ballad of Rapunzel Collector's Edition.  I really enjoyed the first three Dark Parables ( Briar Rose, The Dark Prince, and Rise of the Snow Queen) and I remember their storylines, but I should have taken notes after those three.

I do remember being baffled as to why most of the Final Cinderella was about Pinocchio.  In Rapunzel, when you play the Bonus Chapter about Thumbelina (and will you be surprised when you find out who Thumbelina turns out to be) you'll be wondering why there are references to the Wizard of Oz scattered about.

The artwork in this game was prettier than the two previous games (Final Cinderella and Jack and the Sky Kingdom)  and the objects we assemble when solving the hidden object scenes weren't as clunky looking, but still not up to the quality of the ones in the Dark Prince.

This was Blue Tea's final game for Big Fish. According to their website, in 2013 they began their transition to free to play games for mobile devices.  Sound familiar?  And like the last couple of games BoomZap put out, you can see where Blue Tea cut corners. 

They have always used each hidden object scene twice (if not more), but I don't recall the past games reusing puzzles two or three times.  Most of the puzzles weren't difficult, but I enjoyed them because I had never seen them before.  The game has three different endings, but I don't feel like replaying two more times just to see the ending cut scene.  One of the endings is only available if you find all of the collectibles.

Looking forward to playing The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide to see what Eipix brings to the series.  I've already watched the credits and they're as whacky as ever.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

January 24, 2016 7:53 pm  #79

I'm behind in my Dark Parables.  Jack was the last one I played.  I like to spread them out.  The only one I have as a CE is Red Riding Hood Sisters, and that's the only one GH has as a PE, wouldn't you know.
I'm liking Mysteries of the Past all right, it's done like a detective story and the investigator comes on the screen during cutscenes and narrates, good acting.  She looks a bit like a Deschanel sister.  But there's portals and figures in cloaks, etc. so all the credibility goes right out the window.

January 24, 2016 9:52 pm  #80

I might not be McGyver, but I could manage to rip a seam with either a corkscrew or a potato peeler, just sayin'

Board footera