Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 6, 2016 11:14 am  #31

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2016

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

January 6, 2016 11:16 am  #32

Oddly I couldn't add to that post.  I thought someone of you might be interested in that site as either players or writers.

I have been playing Fallen New Age and really enjoying it.  It is a little finicky at times cursor wise but it is a good story and fun to play.  The beginning really grabs you. Its like a little movie.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

January 6, 2016 1:10 pm  #33

WendyDarling wrote:

stusue wrote:

Unless it's one of my fav games or it's special for some particular reason, and there are only a very few games that I never forget.  One I didn't even like and didn't buy but it's one of the few I always think about.  Weird...

That game.

I looked at the pictures of Gems and thought it looked childish, but that doesn't mean anything with M3s.  What I didn't like was the limited moves feature.  Laruaville has that option, too, if you're looking for more games like that.  I haven't tried it that way, it scares me, lol.

Oh, and I was the same way with the traffic sign puzzle.

That game ... I can't for the life of me remember the name of the game but, as far as I can remember, it was one of the first steampunk HOPAs, if not the first one, on BFG a couple of years ago.  I think it starts in a gazebo, or something like that, at least outside, and you spend quite a bit of time going backwards and forwards doing all the usual things in that area.  I just have a vague memory of the bit of the demo I played but I've never forgotten the game and the fact that I didn't like it when everyone else seemed to have loved it! 

If I remember correctly, I ended up getting the SE because I had one PCC with one spot on a punch card at the end of the month and there was no other game I wanted so I got it, hoping that maybe I'd just demoed it (twice) when I was in a bad mood and that I'd been mistaken and everyone else was correct and that it was a fantastic game.  However, not being able to remember the name, I'm not about to go through either my very long purchase history, or through the list of all the HOPAs, trying to find it to see if I did, in fact, end up getting it.  I do know, though, that I haven't played it.  But I have no idea why that's one game that I've never forgotten.  As I said, weird ...

As for the traffic sign puzzle, I was checking out a play through on YouTube - I think the developer's official play through - and whoever it was couldn't work out that puzzle and so just skipped it.

And I normally HATE anything with limited moves!  However, in Gems of the Aztecs, I normally had heaps of moves left when I'd completed all the goals - anything up to 26 I think! - so it's very generous with the number of moves, and you can add an extra 5 moves to help.  You can also use powerups, which I never did, to complete the levels, which would also help.  I only ran out of moves when I was trying to be clever and get more points before completing all the goals.  However, the levels go so fast that it's not a problem to replay any level if you run out of moves, then just use the powerups that are offered at the beginning of the levels to either add more moves and/or to add more bombs. 

If you love M3s like I do, then I definitely recommend you at least demo the game as it's different and you may actually like it!  Especially as it starts out really easy and has a slow learning curve.  Someone was up to Level 69 or something like that and said that it was an easy game.  So definitely worth a try.

I have all 4 Laruaville games.  However, as I normally HATE limited move games, I haven't played those with limited moves.  I can't even remember that you can play them with limited moves.

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

January 6, 2016 1:18 pm  #34

I just had a quick look and it looks interesting.  I'll check it out when I'm not about to pass out from starvation, as it's way past my dinner time and I've spent 2 hours shovelling snow again today - an hour this morning then another this arvo once the salt that I'd put down earlier had softened the ice enough that I could make the paths a bit wider. 

And soon you'll be able to play with friends all around the world!

Have you played any games there?

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

January 6, 2016 2:09 pm  #35

Steampunk?  There was one with Motor in the title that I bought and hated it so much I wrote in and got a refund.
I'm at the ending of Whisper....Silence and I have no idea what they want me to do on the last minigame and I can't find anything in the forums.  The bad guy is throwing fireballs at me and the instructions just say "Light up all the triangles" but there really aren't any triangles.  There's a couple of arm thingees with sections that I can move but nothing lights up that isn't already lit up no matter what I do.  I already skipped the puzzle before this because it needed more dexterity than I have at this moment.  Off to youtube, I guess, cause I'm curious what I"m supposed to be doing.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

January 7, 2016 1:13 am  #36

Well, youtube froze my computer... when I rebooted and went back into the game I figured out how to do it right away.  Weird how that works.
This was a game I should have liked well enough but didn't.  The puzzles were a nice range of difficulty, as you advanced through the game you didn't have to keep going way back to the start, the HOs were easy, there was a story, even though it wasn't great.  Don't know why I didn't like it better.
I started Weeping Sky tonight.  The beginning of it was such a garble of badly translated English that I couldn't even understand it, something about our father is getting old so the money we make from taking The Case of Puss's missing Beauty can be used to buy him a youth potion.  Beauty looks like Jessica Rabbit.

January 7, 2016 2:25 pm  #37

I just got an email from ShinyLoot that they are going out of business, if anyone has anything from there you have until mid March to download it, and end of January to use any credits.  I have an account but there aren't any games listed, whew!
I got my headphones today, I love them.  But now I need wireless ones, I keep forgetting I have them on and when I get up from the computer they jerk me to a halt and the tower gets pulled out farther and farther.  And when I hook them up to my phone and listen to music it makes me want to dance around and clean the house, so that's a good thing, but it makes me want to sing, and that's a bad thing, lol.
I couldn't get connected with the internet this morning so couldn't continue with Funpass game and ended up starting Reflections of Life Equilibrium SE.  There's an amazing amount of things to do in each scene so far, that's why I bought the game.  It's the one that's all blue, pink, and purple with flourescent jellyfish thingees floating around in the air and the little princess got caught by a vine.

January 7, 2016 3:05 pm  #38

I absolutely love The Testament of Sherlock Holmes.  What a great game.  They have Holmes and Watson down pat.  Their voices are perfect and  Just the way I image them to be.  You do lots of detective like things.. deduction boards, examining dead bodies looking for clues.  Right now while exploring around Whitechapel.  I have been to the dispensary, the morgue, the cemetery and even a opium den.  I can't wait until I have time to get back to it. 

I am also playing Timeless: The Forgotten Town.  A pretty good game, but it pales in comparison to Sherlock Holmes and I am finding it slow going.

I started Awakening: Kingdoms again to play on my laptop while my husband is watching tv.  Does anyone still play this?  I need to befriend someone for a quest.

Last edited by sunshinej (January 7, 2016 3:05 pm)

i ♥ nirvana

January 7, 2016 4:02 pm  #39

sunshinej wrote:

I started Awakening: Kingdoms again to play on my laptop while my husband is watching tv.  Does anyone still play this?  I need to befriend someone for a quest.

I'm still playing.  My code is 11548534.  I use my PC game mostly for taking notes, so I'm frequently restarting because I missed something or because I can't read what I've written.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

January 7, 2016 7:03 pm  #40

sunshinej -- I still play AK too.  My name is anneclaire and my code is 10 4752.

I'll have to check and see if BFG has that Sherlock Holmes game.  It sounds good!

Board footera