Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 22, 2016 12:13 pm  #1071

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2016

I've finished:

Yeti Legend: Mystery of the Forest
Solitaire Detective: Framed
Christmas Stories: A Christmas Carol PE
Haunted Legends: The Stone Guest PE
Christmas Eve: Midnight’s Calling PE
Santa’s Christmas Solitaire
Christmas Stories: Hans Christian Andersen’s Tin Soldier PE
Rainbow Mosaics: Christmas Lights 2

I didn't realise it was so long since I posted what I'd played!

December 29, 2016 10:29 am  #1072

Both Adam Wolfe games have  2 episodes each.  I have played the first episode in the first game and really liked it so I bought the second game Adam Wolfe: Blood of Eternity with a pcc yesterday.  I like the Adam Wolfe character.  Very likeable.  Slow going playing games this month with the holidays and having company and all.

i ♥ nirvana

December 29, 2016 10:55 am  #1073

I just got both Adam Wolfe games too.  I had 4 coupons to use up by tomorrow.  It's funny as I was going thru my GM there are so many series that I have a game or two sitting that I used to immediately play when they came out.  The bloom is off the rose for me at the moment.  My numbers for this year were way down.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

December 29, 2016 11:06 am  #1074

I had planned on picking up a bunch of CEs today as I misread the sale and though it was the "big one" versus just half off.  I was surprised to find I hadn't actually dl demos in a while and ended up with 13 in the queue.  So that will wait.  I didn't even buy the Christmas ones this year.

I think I will take a page from Tirama's book and play a series.  I hate to admit but I have 8, yes 8, Myths of the World games sitting to be played!  Does anyone know if they need to be played in order?  And does anyone have a favourite?

Last edited by oscar66 (December 29, 2016 11:06 am)

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

December 29, 2016 12:06 pm  #1075

I've finished the main game of Punished Talents: Stolen Awards Collector's Edition and have 5 levels left of Christmas Griddlers: Journey to Santa.

If I can finish those 2 games before the year ends, I'll have finished 80 games this year  (51 CE's, 29 SV's).  But I acquired 85 games (46 CE's and 39 SV's), so I lost ground this year.

I was somewhat disappointed that today's sale wasn't a Super Sale (additional CE's for 4.99), however, I don't really care for the Poe games since ERS gave Dupin an American accent.  So no agonizing over whether to get a game I really don't want in order to get a bunch I do want at a really good price.

I own 2 Myths of the World games, unplayed of course, so I'm also interested in knowing whether they need to be played in order.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

December 30, 2016 1:28 pm  #1076

Moin Moin Mädels!  

I've just come across this cute little Christmas game - Christmas Cat - and thought I'd share it.  It's only a few minutes long (okay, it's more than a few minutes but not much) but makes you think about clues and where to find them.  And it's free!

http://www.rustylake.com/adventure-games/christmas-cat.html

It's just in a little box on the Rusty Lake site (I've just bought another one of their games for under 1 € (under $1) and then found this one.  Right below is a video walkthrough if you get stuck or aren't sure what you've gotta do.  It's only a few mins but it's cute.

There are only 4 or 5 tiny little scenes and you have to find 20 of something.  But half of them are hidden - some are under/behind/in things but others are hidden in things that are locked with eenzy weenzy puzzles and you have to work out where to find the clues and what they mean (and that's where the challenge comes in).  For example (which isn't in the game so I don't spoil it for you), there's a bookshelf with books and the colours of the books gives you a clue you need in another room for a tiny little puzzle that will open something.  EVERYTHING is a clue, so open/close/lift/swing absolutely everything and note any colours/patterns/direction of absolutely everything.  It may also require a bit of trial and error as to what's needed where (you have a tiny little inventory). 

But it's fun.  And FREE!  So have fun with this cute little game!

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

December 30, 2016 1:31 pm  #1077

And yesterday I finally got my new modem!  

OMG, no more internet dropouts, no more wireless dropouts which freezes my TV, no more going upstairs to unplug the modem/broadband and then have to wait and replug them in again!

And everything now downloads SO quickly!  I watch as the little line flies across the screen as games are downloading!

I didn't realise how slow my connection was until I got my new modem and my new super fast contract!

Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 30, 2016 2:06 pm  #1078

AND I've just very recently discovered HOPA CEs for Android for under 3 € (under $3)!  

They're exactly the same as the PC versions but a heck of a lot cheaper.  Normally they're 4.99 € (or $4.99) but when games first come out, I think for maybe 24-48 hours (?), they're only 2.99 €, at least the last few have been.  So I just got Christmas Stories: The Gift of the Magi CE for 2.99 €!  I have NO idea why the same games for PC are so much more expensive!  Normally the Android versions aren't released straight away and you have to wait to get them but sometimes, like with the Christmas Stories game, they're released at the same time, and SO much cheaper!

Fortunately for me, my Android is a 13.3" screen with a screen res of 3840 x 2160 so it's no problem playing them on the smaller screen and I don't mind when they're so much cheaper!

I've also discovered some ERS games, which means that I can now play them using touch, which is one of my main criticisms of their games.  Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm currently playing the entire PuppetShow series.  I just got 5 of them for Android, prices ranging from 1.50-4.70 € for the CE versions (I only have SEs for most ERS games which I got using PCCs). 

Also, with Amazon Underground, you can get heaps of games absolutely FREE, including CEs like some of the Artifex Mundi games.  I've download heaps of freebies, not only HOPA CEs but also other games that look really interesting and, as they're free, they're sure worth a try!

There's also a New Year's Sale on atm and so I'm getting some CEs for 2.99 € (some are under 1 €) for games that I've only got as SEs (but that I'd like as CEs) and I don't mind paying so little to upgrade.  I'm also getting some CEs for games that won't display properly on my high-res screens (I've just got 2 of the Secrets of the Dark games that I can't play on my high-res screens but that play perfectly on my Android).  The sale's on until 4 January so there are a few more games I'm demoing and I'll check out the other games that are on sale to see if I need to get them if the PC versions won't work on my new computers.

Why oh why didn't I discover this earlier?  I've had this Android for about 6 months now!

December 31, 2016 11:22 am  #1079

Geesh the big sale at BFG isn't even 50% of gameclub price!

December 31, 2016 11:48 am  #1080

oscar66 wrote:

Geesh the big sale at BFG isn't even 50% of gameclub price!

It's only a 1-day sale.  So maybe there will be something better on Jan 1.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Board footera