Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 11, 2016 4:03 am  #1041

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2016

My daughter is recovering well, thanks for asking She's still a bit weak and is allowed to  "work" part-time at school for the rest of this term which is over at Christmas. I'm also given a certificate of illness to take care of her until November 30.   That's why I have time to play, before she comes home from school 

November 11, 2016 7:16 am  #1042

I hope you're daughter is recovering OK too, Anki

I finished The Wisbey Mystery yesterday too. Very short and very easy. Filled a couple of hours I guess!

November 11, 2016 11:11 am  #1043

Glad to hear that your daughter is on the road to recovery, Anki. 
I finished Forgotten Place: Regained Castle...good game and good story. It took awhile to remember to drag the inventory items into place, but you get used to doing it and then not so bad.   Glad you recommended it stusue.  Also, finished Phantasmat: Reign of Shadows.  Wasn't bad, glad I just got the SE. 

i ♥ nirvana

November 12, 2016 2:13 pm  #1044

This is a review I just posted in the review thread over at BFG for:

Whispered Secrets: Song of Sorrow CE

I liked the way the game started and was really pleased to note that it perfectly supported touch. Then I checked what options there were in Custom Mode - unfortunately, helpful messages couldn't be turned off, and you could only turn off active plus item indicators (there was no option to have the indicators turned off all together), both of which are really important to me as I like turning off all help - no icon changes (not important if the game supports touch), no helpful messages, and no plus item indicators at all.

I thought the graphics were really good, as was the animation, and the music and ambient sounds were great. The voiceovers and lip-syncing were also very good. I really liked the originality in some of the minigames/HOPs but, unfortunately, all bar one were very easy. I also thought the extras weren't too bad and I liked the achievements page - a beautiful, moving underwater scene - but there weren't many achievements and only about half were earned, and there were no unusual ones.

However, the helpful messages gave too much information - sometimes they weren't too bad but sometimes there was way too much info - and I was trying to decide if I could put up with that, as well as having the plus items indicated, as I liked the rest of the game.

But the deal breaker for me were the collectibles. Every 6 seconds they light up with a huge sparkle! I've never come across sparkling collectibles before and, after the fourth or fifth sparkling gem when I entered a new scene, I realised that that was the last straw and exited out of the game. I don't understand why they've done that. You can turn off sparkles for active areas and HOPs, but the collectibles sparkle every 6 seconds? You can't miss them. But at least you can go back to find any missed collectibles in Extras by clicking on any missing gems (it didn't work when I tried it within the game).

So, unfortunately, no CE for me and, with the plus item indicators and the helpful messages that give too much information, it's also a no when the SE is released. Pity.

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

November 15, 2016 12:52 pm  #1045

I've now finished:

Fatal Passion: Art Prison PE
Dangerous Games: Prisoners of Destiny PE
Whispered Secrets: Into the Wind PE

Enjoyed them all especially Fatal Passion.

November 18, 2016 5:51 am  #1046

I have finished:
Redemption Cemetery -Bitter Frost PE. Fun in the beginning, but I got tired of it...
Griddlers- Victorian Picnic. Ok. Just another 8floor...

When I started Dark Asylum - Mystery Adventure I discovered that I already had a profile on it, I must have done the Demo on BFG but don't remember it... 

On Wednesday, I finally got my winter tyres on 

November 21, 2016 10:12 am  #1047

I've played and finished:

Witches’ Legacy: Hunter and The Hunted PE
Forest Legends: The Call of Love PE
Myths of the World: Spirit Wolf PE
Solitaire Game: Halloween 2

SO pleased you got your winter tyres on, Anki

November 21, 2016 3:43 pm  #1048

I'm having a dismal November when it comes to finishing games.  Did manage to complete Labyrinths of the World: Shattered Soul Collector's Edition back on the 15th, but since then, nada.

On the other hand, I did finish MC's Castle Challenge on both my games, and there's 9+ days left in the Halloween/Thanksgiving event, so I should be able to earn all the achievements before it ends.

The latest MCF game should be out tomorrow.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

November 26, 2016 5:44 pm  #1049

My laptop is overheating after a half  hour of gameplay.  I tried to clean the fan last year but took out a zillion screws and still never got to it.  Quit when I couldn't get the keyboard separated but I guess I'll have to attempt it again.  Anything else it could be?

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

November 28, 2016 10:06 am  #1050

I managed to finish another two games:   Labyrinths of the World: Forbidden Muse Collector's Edition and Life Quest 2: Metropoville.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I got Life Quest 2 back in August 2013 with a coupon from the Felix Fairy.  Back then, I played only HOGs and HOPAs and wasn't sure whether I'd like a TM/Strategy game.

Well, I loved it so much that I used a PCC and got the first one.  Don't think it will take me three years to get around to playing this one.  Wish there were more games like these.

I don't like the Dash-type games and really don't get why they are called 'time management'.  So they have a timer - big deal.  So did the early HOGS.  Clicking around madly to finish before the timer runs down doesn't feel like managing time, whereas receiving so many time units and deciding how to use them each day does.

Next HOPA I'm going to play is Enigmatis 3: The Shadow of Karkhala Collector's Edition.  It has a lot to recommend itself:  it's already on my desk top and the developers won't be releasing another in the series so when I finish it, I won't have to worry about falling behind I this series again.  Hope I can finish it before the month ends.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Board footera