Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 19, 2015 3:03 pm  #21

Re: Comments on Awakening Kingdom: Berengaria's Story

lilyr wrote:

Thanks for all the back story on Greg.  It would help if I'd played a few more of the AK games.   His actions make a lot more sense with your explanation.

You learn about Greg and the basilisk in the Skyward Kingdom.  At the end of the ain game, Greg is on the balcony with Sophia and the (kitchen?) maid (why she is there escapes me) and the crowd is cheering.  It's not too much of a leap to assume that he's a hero to the people.

When Sophia finds Greg, he is encased in stone holding his sword as if about to attack the basilisk.  When Sophia finds Jack, he's encased in stone and lying in a hammock.  Easy to decide which man is a hero.

Later on, Jack claims that he distracted the basilisk so that Sophia's parents could deal with Dreadmyre.  Unless he was distracting the basilisk with his snores, he's lying.  But in her journal, Sophia mentions how talaneted and handsome Jack is and says nothing about Greg.  Not a big leap to decide which man she prefers.

In the bonus chapter, Sophia is on the castle's balcony with Jack and Greg.  Greg addresses her as "Your Majesty", Jack calls her "dear".    And when Greg tells her he has urgent news, if you click on Jack, he seems to be mocking Greg, but that could just be me reading something that isn't there.

I've decided that in spite of all kudos the Goblins heap on Sophia, she isn't the brightest sky crystal in the tiara.  I haven't reached the RedLeaf Forest game, and I don't think it tells us who the father of Sophia's daughter is, but it has to be Jack.  Jack is described as a younger son of another kingdom's monarch and a good friend of Sophia's parents.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

June 19, 2015 3:07 pm  #22

lilyr wrote:

Part 9

The Mayor does seem like a blithering idiot, doesn't he?  I'd totally forgotten about the Peddlar taking the Orb.  Looks like Greg and B are back on track.

I loved all the story about Chumblepot and his glassworks.  I'd never thought about having to have magic to create the glass works that he did. 

Chumblepot must be doing something with the shards we find in order to get all those different colors.  The glassworks would be quite garish looking if he just used the shards as is.

Greg and B will continue to have their ups and downs as they struggle with the baggage they each are carrying - Greg with his hurt pride, and B with her fears of endinh up in the same situation as her mother.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

June 21, 2015 2:09 pm  #23

Part 10

Maybe, since Sophia's been gone the Mayor has adopted the royal "we"?  <snicker, snicker>  Poor B.  I'm not surprised at her thinking about Greg so much.  First she's 18 and second she probably didn't have all that much affection (not to mention stability) in her life.  Sure she had her governess, but ....  And then she has to deal with the fact that she's related to Dreadmyre.  Inviting Greg to dinner would probably be good for both of them!

June 22, 2015 8:37 am  #24

Part 11

Talk about a range of emotions!  Ummmm... Is the Mayor really THAT obtuse?  I guess so.  Poor Lucky -- stuck with day after day of Mr. Vanderkins and no carrots.  I wonder how long it will be before Greg finds out about the Mayor sending B to the place the Mayor SAW the orchards get cursed?  Despite his "flock of floozies" (love that!) I can't imagine he'd be that happy about it.

June 24, 2015 9:33 pm  #25

Part 12

Sounded like a minor pity party from B.  Glad she got the lobster.  Very interesting to see her stand up for herself when Greg started telling her off AND interesting to see Greg storm off to ream out the Mayor!

June 25, 2015 12:14 pm  #26

lilyr wrote:

Part 12

Sounded like a minor pity party from B.  Glad she got the lobster.  Very interesting to see her stand up for herself when Greg started telling her off AND interesting to see Greg storm off to ream out the Mayor!

Did it? I thought she had just had enough with being jerked around by her so-called advisors.  They all obviously have different agendas and don't have her best interests at heart, so she might as well rely on her own feelings about what is teh right thing to do.

June 25, 2015 3:49 pm  #27

The pity party part was just the first sentence.  On reading it back I think you're correct (hey -- it's your story!) but I guess I read an undertone of "why won't anyone help me"?  Maybe my comment was in response to B's saying that no one would ever like her because of dear old Granddad.

Last edited by lilyr (June 25, 2015 3:49 pm)

June 26, 2015 3:49 pm  #28

Part 13

So all in all another typical day in the Kingdom!  The Mayor sure does seem super vague all the time, doesn't he?  And Lucky can be a naughty squabitt! 

June 27, 2015 9:19 am  #29

Part 14

Poor B.  Worrying that her (apparently) only real friend (Lucky) would want to desert her.  She seems to have gotten her energy and optimism back.  I don't suppose it's too hard to stay a few steps ahead of the Mayor.  Lucky gathered plently of food (was it a small pumpkin or are squabitts larger than I think?).  Progress on the castle and an urgent matter that Greg needs to discuss.  Things are getting interesting.

June 27, 2015 9:43 am  #30

lilyr wrote:

Part 14

Poor B.  Worrying that her (apparently) only real friend (Lucky) would want to desert her.  She seems to have gotten her energy and optimism back.  I don't suppose it's too hard to stay a few steps ahead of the Mayor.  Lucky gathered plently of food (was it a small pumpkin or are squabitts larger than I think?).  Progress on the castle and an urgent matter that Greg needs to discuss.  Things are getting interesting.

In the Skyward Castle, Sophia wrote in her journal that Mr Vanderkins was the size of a large dog.  However, the graphics later on show Mr Vanderkins sitting on Quinn's head while on the Wingferry. 

Sophia also seems to think that everybody has been waiting for her to free them from being stone statues for 100 years but that doesn't make sense.  Quinn mentions that every Winter Solstice they would release lanterns in the hope that she would see them and use them as a guide to find the skyward kingdom.  Greg mentions that an attachment of soldiers were supposed to meet her at teh Dreamless Castle when she came of age, but that was when Dreadmyre attacked.

The Goblins, Fairy Queen and Witch are either using a different calendar than the humans or have exaggerated just how long they've been waiting for her to wake up.

Lucky's a smart little squabbit.  He noticed the medium sized pumpkin and brought the other food he found to where the pumpkin was.  No need for him to move the pumpkin.

Board footera