Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 14, 2015 9:53 pm  #11

Re: Comments on Awakening Kingdom: Berengaria's Story

Sooo ,,, the Mayor pretty much flat-out told B she was on her own, huh?   Can B weasel out of Greg's tongue lashing by claiming she doesn't read goblinese? lol  And Lucky's a little fashionplate wannabe? 

June 14, 2015 10:35 pm  #12

lilyr wrote:

I loved your comment about Linea!  I had to laugh that the Mayor's answer to almost everything is make more posters.  So things are getting a bit more perilous.  And Lucky seems to be a fast learner!   I know you said DH enjoyed reading these.  What does he think of this one?  Does he have a favorite?

He says he likes this one the best because there's more background about the various characters.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

June 15, 2015 10:09 am  #13

Quite the action-packed Part 7!

That must have been quite the blow up that Greg and B had.  And I must admit that I was surprised that he took the lobster.  AND threw the fact that B was Dreadmyre's granddaughter in her face!  From what you said about everyone reading everyone else's nites, going through baskets, etc. it sounds as though some boundaries need to be established.

I think I agree with your DH.  I'm loving the backstory. :D

June 15, 2015 10:42 am  #14

lilyr wrote:

Quite the action-packed Part 7!

That must have been quite the blow up that Greg and B had.  And I must admit that I was surprised that he took the lobster.  AND threw the fact that B was Dreadmyre's granddaughter in her face!  From what you said about everyone reading everyone else's nites, going through baskets, etc. it sounds as though some boundaries need to be established.

I think I agree with your DH.  I'm loving the backstory. :D

Well, he did try to give it back to her, but she wouldn't open the door.  It would not have been pleasant to find a smelly lobster on her doorstep or in the office.  But he really needs to give her a fresh lobster to replace the one he took.

Greg has a temper to match his auburn locks.  And B has years of resentment stored up from when she had to endure whatever insults and jibes were tossed at her.  Now she feels free to fight back.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

June 15, 2015 1:57 pm  #15

Soooo.... we may see even more spectacular fights?

June 15, 2015 2:21 pm  #16

lilyr wrote:

Soooo.... we may see even more spectacular fights?

Probably.  Greg has some resentment stored up as well.  Leodici wrecked his telescope, Sophia wrecked the balista and hurt his pride by preferring the slovenly Captain Jackdawes.  She follows Captain Jack to the Sunhook Spires and leaves Greg to babysit the granddaughter of the man who wrecked the kingdom.

June 18, 2015 10:19 am  #17

Part 8

Is it just me or is Greg rather full of himself in this iteration?  Smirking at B, taking what he wants (the lobster), etc.  B & Greg seemed rather irritated in this part.  At least B did.  Score one for Linea -- she actually delivered a letter!  Ummm....  aren't Lucky and Mr. Vanderkins both male squabitts?  Would a ove potion work? (I know you werr just kidding -- me too).  I rather like the way you are slowly unfolding the story this time.

June 18, 2015 12:45 pm  #18

lilyr wrote:

Part 8

Is it just me or is Greg rather full of himself in this iteration?  Smirking at B, taking what he wants (the lobster), etc.  B & Greg seemed rather irritated in this part.  At least B did.  Score one for Linea -- she actually delivered a letter!  Ummm....  aren't Lucky and Mr. Vanderkins both male squabitts?  Would a ove potion work? (I know you werr just kidding -- me too).  I rather like the way you are slowly unfolding the story this time.

Greg is confused and hurt, but hidding it beneath a show of bravado.  He is 'The Man' as far as the ordinary people are concerned because he was willing to sacrifice himself by locking himself in with the basilisk to allow the rest of the army to lead the people to a safe hiding place.

But Sophia doesn't seem to appriciate him.  She shows up, rescues him, wrecks the balista which he has to repair, helps Sophia gain entry to the castle where she rescues Captain Jackdaw (who is of absolutely no help whatsoever) and Greg can't understand why Sophia prefers Jack over him.

Then Sophia takes off and does she leave him, a 25-year-old national hero, in charge?  No, she brings in some 18-year-old teenage granddaughter of the guy who caused all the truble in the first place.  He's supposed to advise her, but he and the other two advisors aren't on the same page.

He wants her to like him, but doesn't want to risk her rejecting him, so he holds her at arm's length, but then is annoyed because she isn't falling all over him like every other woman in the kingdom.

And he only took the lobster because it would have gone bad if not eaten soon, and B wouldn't open the door so he could give it to her.  He knows he has to give her a replacement, but the more she carries on about it, the more he's going to make her wait so it doesn't seem like he's obeying her orders.

June 18, 2015 2:02 pm  #19

Thanks for all the back story on Greg.  It would help if I'd played a few more of the AK games.   His actions make a lot more sense with your explanation.

June 19, 2015 2:38 pm  #20

Part 9

The Mayor does seem like a blithering idiot, doesn't he?  I'd totally forgotten about the Peddlar taking the Orb.  Looks like Greg and B are back on track.

I loved all the story about Chumblepot and his glassworks.  I'd never thought about having to have magic to create the glass works that he did. 

Board footera