Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 8, 2015 10:59 pm  #1

Comments on Awakening Kingdom: Berengaria's Story

Not sure if anybody will use this thread, but just in case...

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

June 9, 2015 9:31 pm  #2

Re: Comments on Awakening Kingdom: Berengaria's Story

Well DUH!  I thought this was your post of the "new" tales of Berengaria.  Guess I'll have to dig that up and then come back and comment. 

June 9, 2015 9:36 pm  #3

WOW!!  I didn't see any of that coming!  So totally different from your previous versions!  

June 10, 2015 9:20 am  #4

I'm really enjoying this iteration!  Do you think playing the regular (PC versions) of the AK games helped you come up with this story line?

June 10, 2015 9:31 am  #5

lilyr wrote:

I'm really enjoying this iteration!  Do you think playing the regular (PC versions) of the AK games helped you come up with this story line?

Absolutely.  That and knowing that there will be no updates and that some storylines will remain unresolved.

This time around Berengaria is really writing a diary.  She will recount her thoughts about the people she meets and the things she learns about the Skyward Kingdom, rather than give a chronological report of the quests she completes.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

June 11, 2015 8:36 am  #6

Part 3 seemed more familiar.  But then they would have to wouldn't they?  Not overly impressed with her 3 advisors, was she?  I don't think I woube either.   When I eventually stop playing I'm going to miss my squabitt too.

June 11, 2015 8:45 am  #7

lilyr wrote:

Part 3 seemed more familiar.  But then they would have to wouldn't they?  Not overly impressed with her 3 advisors, was she?  I don't think I woube either.   When I eventually stop playing I'm going to miss my squabitt too.

Well, she's going to have to recount some of the quests she's asked to do.  But I'm trying to include more about her observations and reactions to the people she interacts with.

June 12, 2015 7:39 am  #8

I love it! Linnea is the "official tattletale" and in charge of "losing stuff".   A certain squabitt went to bed without dinner huh?  At least B should feel good about surviving her first crisis.

I'd forgotten how many bolgins and crystals we got early on.  But we sure seemed to have to spend them quickly.

June 12, 2015 9:35 am  #9

lilyr wrote:

I love it! Linnea is the "official tattletale" and in charge of "losing stuff".   A certain squabitt went to bed without dinner huh?  At least B should feel good about surviving her first crisis.

I'd forgotten how many bolgins and crystals we got early on.  But we sure seemed to have to spend them quickly.

We didn't always get so many crystals and bolgins.   I think the amounts were changed in the update that changed how fast your energy replenished.  The Mayor used to give you 3 crystals, and Sophia gave you 3 crystals and 500 bolgins.

I'm not sure but I think you started out with less assets also.  Now you start with 1000 coins and 10 diamonds.  I think you used to get only 500 coins and no diamonds.

Linea certainly didn't make a good impression.  First she loses the key to the castle, then the letter.  Good thing she didn't lose those bolgins and sky crystals. Those pink feathers would make a lovely boa.

June 13, 2015 10:10 am  #10

I loved your comment about Linea!  I had to laugh that the Mayor's answer to almost everything is make more posters.  So things are getting a bit more perilous.  And Lucky seems to be a fast learner!   I know you said DH enjoyed reading these.  What does he think of this one?  Does he have a favorite?

Board footera