Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 21, 2015 9:47 pm  #31

Re: Comments about Awakening Kingdoms - Berengaria and the Captain

Day 14
I don't think there's ever been a mention of coffee in the game before.  So Greg isn't above a bit of breaking and entering on his own, huh?   I don't remember a thing about these 3 cursed buildings (maybe the Squabitt Den) and having to find replicas to dispell the curse.  I guess Lucky isn't a guard squabitt -- unless you're talking about guarding his own carrots.   Yeah.  What little reputation B had is totally shredded now.  After all, what right-thinking citizen would ever think any woman could resist the handsome, brave, manly, gracious Captain!

March 21, 2015 10:02 pm  #32

lilyr wrote:

Day 14
I don't think there's ever been a mention of coffee in the game before.  So Greg isn't above a bit of breaking and entering on his own, huh?   I don't remember a thing about these 3 cursed buildings (maybe the Squabitt Den) and having to find replicas to dispell the curse.  I guess Lucky isn't a guard squabitt -- unless you're talking about guarding his own carrots.   Yeah.  What little reputation B had is totally shredded now.  After all, what right-thinking citizen would ever think any woman could resist the handsome, brave, manly, gracious Captain!

There's coffee beans in the Rose Garden and several hidden object scenes have grinders.   I imagine Greg tried the door, but B had bolted it.  Maybe she didn't hear him knock?  After all, she slept though his breaking and entering.

Accept a ham sandwich from a man and he thinks he owns you.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

March 21, 2015 10:45 pm  #33

Obviously I haven't been in the Rose Gaden lately. 

LOVED your last line! 

March 22, 2015 2:10 pm  #34

lilyr wrote:

Obviously I haven't been in the Rose Gaden lately. 

LOVED your last line! 

Things really haven't changed much over the years.  Let a man buy you dinner and the next thing you know, you're on the dessert menu.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

March 22, 2015 10:56 pm  #35

Yup! to the above comment.

Day 15

I was wondering when the surly soldier was going to show up.  So the merchants aren't any different than our billionaire sports team owners:  they expect public funds to build them a place and set them up in business!

Poor B.  No Dowry, no fortune, loads of debt and now no reputation ....well, not exactly the sort of reputation a woman should have.

March 23, 2015 10:48 pm  #36

Day 16

Is it just my imagination or are some of the citizens warming up to B?  Or is it just that she gives them everything they want?  It would be nice if B could stumble upon a hidden cache of bolgins.  Oh Oh!  Teacher, pick me!  I think I know who was sitting by B's gate last night!

March 23, 2015 10:55 pm  #37

lilyr wrote:

Day 16

Is it just my imagination or are some of the citizens warming up to B?  Or is it just that she gives them everything they want?  It would be nice if B could stumble upon a hidden cache of bolgins.  Oh Oh!  Teacher, pick me!  I think I know who was sitting by B's gate last night!

The citizens are getting to know her better.  Also, I doubt in the past it was part of the steward's duties to be everybody's gofer, but things are different when the place needs to be put back together.  She's the right person for the job and the fact that she's building a new life starting with virtually nothing gives encouragement to the citizens that they too can start again.

Okay, teacher calls on lilyr.  Who's been watching B's house? 

March 23, 2015 11:48 pm  #38

Another thought occurred to me.  That the citizens had been through such a horrible time during the war that they appreciate someone that they can rely on, who does what s/he says and makes their lives easier.

I'm thinking that last night it was Greg sitting by the gate watching to make sure surly soldier didn't try anything again.

March 24, 2015 11:33 pm  #39

Day 17

Poor B.  Still no luck finding a stash of stolen money.  Maybe her father just frittered it away?  And again, someone has the house under surveillance. (wonder who? :D)  The citizens seem to be becoming more productive.  Ummmm... maybe Quinn is too young to hear all the deails and people tell him B is Greg's "girlfriend"?

March 25, 2015 9:58 pm  #40

lilyr wrote:

Day 17

Poor B.  Still no luck finding a stash of stolen money.  Maybe her father just frittered it away?  And again, someone has the house under surveillance. (wonder who? :D)  The citizens seem to be becoming more productive.  Ummmm... maybe Quinn is too young to hear all the deails and people tell him B is Greg's "girlfriend"?

Quinn made that remark before Greg broke into B's house, but after Greg had rescused her from the pond, when he was still involved with Sunstone.  SO I don't think people were using euphemisms with Quinn. 

I think the father borrowed from the kingdom's treasury to try and make a killing on the auction but didn't do well at all, then borrowed money at high interest rates to replace the kingdom's money, and in order to make the loan payments just stopping paying his other bills unless really pressed.  So the wealthy got paid and the little people didn't.

The citizens are good at making grand gestures.  They'll fix up things at the Castle, make potions, make things to help B access new areas in the different locations, etc.  It the everyday mundane stuff that they seem unable to do.  Getting supplies is not in their job descriptions.

Board footera