Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 18, 2015 11:32 am  #21

Re: Comments about Awakening Kingdoms - Berengaria and the Captain

lilyr wrote:

Loved Day 10 -- especially the last lines!   I'm surprised that B can analyze and strategize that well.  Draw, sure.  That's one of the things ladies learned.  

She's had to find a way to compensate for her lack of magic.  Also, she's spent most of the last 5 years isolated from people her own age. (Daddy wasn't taking any chances she'd meet another Greg and run off.  He needed to marry her off to a wealthy man who could then be persuaded to either settle some of his money on Berengaria or to 'loan' some to her father to save their family name from disgrace).  While sketching, doing needlework, and playing the lute, she's kept her eyes and ears open hoping somebody will drops some clues as to what plans they had made for her.

Captain is also taken by surprise by her ability to reason and isn't quite sure if he likes it.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

March 18, 2015 9:26 pm  #22

Day 11 -- Good for B for standing up for herself!  A good sturdy cloak is well worth having.  The prettier clothes can cme later.  Interesting that Greg & B both came to the same conclusions.  This iteration of the Diary seems much more analytical and in-depth.  I hope we'll still get some of the frivolous stuff we saw before.

March 18, 2015 9:38 pm  #23

Could you give me an example of the frivolous stuff?

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

March 18, 2015 10:53 pm  #24

Frivolous probably wasn't the correct word.  More fun things -- Lucky's looks at B, B threatening Lucky with dtopping him off so he can play with his best bud Mr. Vanderkins.  I just felt that the Diary was getting a bit grim and "all work".  But maybe that's just an interlude leading up to something.

March 19, 2015 8:30 pm  #25

Day 12
Now that's what I was talking about!  Interesting present story, some backstory and some things to ponder upon!  Really interesting entry!

March 19, 2015 9:23 pm  #26

Well some quests are just fun things, like when Prince Handbag shows up again or those dippy princesses.  But when things get cursed, it isn't funny.

Quinn's quests are a good time to inject some humor.  Little boys are always saying the wrong thing at the wrong time and not knowing that they've done so.

I wonder if this game ever reveals who the cloaked stranger is?

March 20, 2015 4:02 pm  #27

Day 13

I don't remember if I read it before (a couple of days ago) about B wearing mourning.  Maybe when she was in Fahleed's and got wistful about the fabric?  Anyway, good for her for putting aside her mourning and celebrating!  She certainly does have a good bit to celebrate!

I wonder if the inhabitants were this hapless before the war?  They certainly DO lose/misplace things!

I loved the picnic (and the fact that Greg was thoughtful enough to bring sandwiches) and the walk home and Greg's "confession".

March 20, 2015 8:57 pm  #28

The picnic gave Greg an excuse to help her without it looking like she was accepting charity.  But once again she surprised him with how well she is coping with her change in circumstances.

Greg was stung by her asuming that he was the one dumped and by her claim that a woman would have to be desperate to marry him.

March 20, 2015 9:48 pm  #29

TiramaSue wrote:

The picnic gave Greg an excuse to help her without it looking like she was accepting charity.  But once again she surprised him with how well she is coping with her change in circumstances.

Greg was stung by her asuming that he was the one dumped and by her claim that a woman would have to be desperate to marry him.

B's comment was just her lashing out to hide her hurt, wasn't it.  At least that's my take.

March 20, 2015 10:08 pm  #30

Yes.  He screams at her to hide how worried he is that she'l be harmed by the cloaked stranger. She's hurt, and says something she knows will hurt him. 

B knows darn well who broke up with whom.  If Greg had been dumped, there would have been no reason for Sunstone to deface her door with graffiti.  But Greg doesn't know about the graffiti and believes B thinks he's been dumped.  He wants her to know she's not a consolation prize, but his pride is also hurt. 

He's the hero of the war with Dreadmyre!  Why would any woman dump him?

Board footera