Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 8, 2015 6:03 pm  #1

Comments about Awakening Kingdoms - Berengaria and the Captain

a place where you can leave your comments, complaints, and suggestions.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

March 9, 2015 6:11 pm  #2

Re: Comments about Awakening Kingdoms - Berengaria and the Captain

Wow!  I certainly didn't see THIS ITERATION coming!  It's interesting to read about the beginning of the game.  It's been so long for me that I've forgotten some of the things at the beginning.  Did we always get all those crystals and bolgins at the beginning or is that new?  I do remember you saying that the olives were new.  I enjoyed the backstory too.  I was wondering how you'd make Berengaria as independent as she was when she came from Breezy Bay, but you did. I don't think I'm clear on where she is living though. I'm also enjoying the humor you slip in there.  Here's hoping there's more to the backstory, too.

March 9, 2015 6:19 pm  #3

lilyr wrote:

Wow!  I certainly didn't see THIS ITERATION coming!  It's interesting to read about the beginning of the game.  It's been so long for me that I've forgotten some of the things at the beginning.  Did we always get all those crystals and bolgins at the beginning or is that new?  I do remember you saying that the olives were new.  I enjoyed the backstory too.  I was wondering how you'd make Berengaria as independent as she was when she came from Breezy Bay, but you did. I don't think I'm clear on where she is living though. I'm also enjoying the humor you slip in there.  Here's hoping there's more to the backstory, too.

She's living in her father's house.  It's in the same location as before, you follow the path past the squabbit hut.  The amount of crystals and bolgins that Sophia gives has been doubled.  The mayor used to give 3 crystals at the beginning, now he gives 10.  I posted in the AK thread the differemces I noted.

There's a very juicy piece of backstory included in the next episode.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

March 10, 2015 11:52 pm  #4

You weren't kidding about the backstory in Day Three!  

I'm really enjoying this "diary".  It's much better than the first 2.

March 11, 2015 3:59 pm  #5

Day Four -- Quite a lot going on!  Wonder what Captain Greg will say when he finds out The Mayor sent you to Rose Garden?  On the plus side Chumblepot has a safe, secure occupation!   So B was all set to wade into the pond, huh?  Does Greg have 2 girls after him?  You've mentioned a Moonstone pendant and now Miss Sunstone pendant.  Does your DH like this version?

March 11, 2015 5:07 pm  #6

lilyr wrote:

Day Four -- Quite a lot going on!  Wonder what Captain Greg will say when he finds out The Mayor sent you to Rose Garden?  On the plus side Chumblepot has a safe, secure occupation!   So B was all set to wade into the pond, huh?  Does Greg have 2 girls after him?  You've mentioned a Moonstone pendant and now Miss Sunstone pendant.  Does your DH like this version?

Read the descriptions of the two pendants on the collectibles tab.   Women give the man a moonstone pendant, and the man gives a sunstone pendant.  Does Greg have two girls after him?  Well, yes - B, for all her denials, wants him, but Sunstone already has him and gave him the pendant he's wearing.

DH seems to like reading anything I write, but he thinks this B is  more feisty and headstrong.

March 11, 2015 8:41 pm  #7

so I can glue the Captain’s eyebrow in place and Blessilda’s mouth shut. 

We do have an emoji for Blessilda....  And perhaps the Captain...

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

March 11, 2015 9:45 pm  #8

I usually read everything I can get my hands on.  If I ever did read the descriptions of the pendants I must have forgotten them.  Thanks for explaining.  Like the emoticons Wendy! 

March 11, 2015 10:30 pm  #9

lilyr wrote:

I usually read everything I can get my hands on.  If I ever did read the descriptions of the pendants I must have forgotten them.  Thanks for explaining.  Like the emoticons Wendy! 

The Blessilda emoticon Wendy selected reflects what B would like to do to Blessilda.  I wish we had one showing one smiley wispering in the ear of a second smiley to represent Blessilda as I see her, a woman born to gossip and cause trouble doing so.

March 13, 2015 3:25 pm  #10

I think of Blessilda as good hearted but slightly dim.  I don't see her as a malicious gossip but one whose gossiping could cause problems.

Day 5 & Day 6

Not the best days Berengaria's ever had!  I think I still haven't fully remembered her  backstory.  Her crying about never getting married brought me up short, but it makes perfect sense.  So Miss Sunstone is vindictive, huh?  Your story/diary is really well-written and keeps me waiting for the next entry.  I'd forgotten some oif this stuff (but remembered a lot of the rest).

Board footera