Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 4, 2016 12:53 pm  #81

Re: Whatcha watching on TV?

oscar66 wrote:

Valentine's Day is coming Sun!  And I am spending it with Darryl and Rick! lol  

Ha!  Me too!

i ♥ nirvana

February 4, 2016 1:13 pm  #82

I bought DVDs of Northern Exposure this summer.  I don't remember if it's the whole series, but I have at least 3 seasons.  But it's weird, it's like I'm missing episodes.  The second box of DVDs I think says they're double sided, it's almost as if the first box is too, it seems there is a lot of plot missing.
I'm finishing up recording Downton Abbey today, and I've got 6 seasons of Sex and the City.  Maybe TWD next.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

February 4, 2016 2:04 pm  #83

Thanks, sunshine, I've put Sons of Anarchy on my viewing list!

That's funny, oscar, just watched an episode of Father brown! It's on in the afternoon. Love Rosemary and Thyme and Grantchester too. Always watched new tricks, sad it's ended.

February 4, 2016 2:14 pm  #84

FudgeChi wrote:

Thanks, sunshine, I've put Sons of Anarchy on my viewing list!

That's funny, oscar, just watched an episode of Father brown! It's on in the afternoon. Love Rosemary and Thyme and Grantchester too. Always watched new tricks, sad it's ended.

I love New Tricks.  Own all but the last season on DVD.  Buy from Amazon.co.uk and play them on my laptop but exchange rate isn't very good for me right now so waiting to purchase.

Like Neil Dungeon better than John Nettles, but the big bonus of the switch, for me, was no more Joyce and Cully.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

February 4, 2016 2:42 pm  #85

Too true, I like Sykes far more than them.  And I honestly thought John Nettles was going to have a heart attack all the time.  His breathing always made me worried for him.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

February 4, 2016 2:47 pm  #86

Yes, I meant to say after watching last night's Midsomer how much I love Sykes! Too cute for words. Nettles did used to get very red in the face!

February 4, 2016 11:15 pm  #87

I have to laugh.  (first world problem here) I loved my PVR for how simple it was, Click button for list of shows recorded. Tabs across the top to change from channel, date or alpha.  Click same button again to show shows that are set to record.  Same tabs.  All in a nice neat list showing you date time channel and whether it was series or one off.

Now you want to watch something you recorded.  Hit the button and these tiles come up.  I'm scrolling thru pages of tiles that only show the title of the program.  and to top it off if you haven't recorded it as a series there is a tile for each episode.  now if I want to watch something I click on the tile that says lets say three episodes.  now a screen comes up with two tabs and you have to get to the recorded one. another drop down and read everything to find the date and time recorded to watch the appropriate one.  Now if I want to look at what is scheduled to record I need to hit that initial button and then another button to change filter requirements then the drop down to change to schedule and another field to change how I want to see them alpha or date.  Remember not to save those changes otherwise you have to go all thru it again to get the recorded back.  This is the "new enhanced" system.  I'm not really sure what the enhancements are.  It still gives you lists of programs "like" the one you are watching that are totally off base so they didn't fix that. I mean in whose world is Minions like The Americans?

Suffice to say I have already deleted episode one of season 2 of The Americans by accident and I waited a year for it to come back on in repeats. sigh.  How did this happen?  Well I was watching something, paused it to look at something in my list, oh yes I have 25 tiles for The Americans instead of my one nice neat folder, went back and finished the show I was watching and auto deleted not paying too much attention, my fault. Only to see that the list had not reverted back to what I was watching but was on what I had been looking at.

I am not technically challenged so that isn't an issue.  My issue is why do they need to change things that aren't broke.  Especially as I see no improvements.  There are more steps to do something than before.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

February 6, 2016 4:07 pm  #88

Gosh! That sounds far too complicated for me, oscar! I just have a free sat box which records and it's easy. I hope they never "upgrade" that!

I just watched the last in the series of Endeavour, it was shown a week last Sunday but I wanted to be in the perfect mood to watch it as I love it. It was pretty harrowing and excellent. Just Googled and they are filming a 4th series later this year. Yippee! Loved Morse, loved Lewis and love Endeavour!

February 6, 2016 7:58 pm  #89

I remember at the end of Endeavour thinking what what what!  You can't leave me there.  I need to know what happens argh!  Especially since there is such a long delay. This was the ep that left Friday's life hanging.  I'm looking forward to the 2016 eps.  Whenever they appear here.

Sgt. Hathaway is the spit of my grandpa as a young man.  Love Lewis and Morse as well.    I have to say that these Brit dramas for me, have great "repeat-ability".  I also re watch As Time Goes by and Miranda ( she is a hoot) Call the Midwife and Doc Martin.  watching Home Fires again.  That is a great show.  And I like George Gently.  The only North American show that I will watch over and over.  And yes over and over is The Walking Dead.  I confess to having seen season 1 at least 9 times. And the rest at least 5.

February 7, 2016 6:04 am  #90

Ooo, I think the Endeavour series we just had is one in front of you then, oscar. My lips are sealed though!

Board footera