Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 19, 2016 11:35 am  #71

Re: Whatcha watching on TV?

WendyDarling wrote:

Are there any other good series out there?  I usually just watch half hour sitcoms.  I haven't really watched much TV in the last 10 years, and most of that was American Idol.  I don't normally watch political stuff, isn't that what The Good Wife is about?   Isn't Z Nation zombies?  I don't usually do zombies but I've watched the first episode of TWD and thought it was really good.  I like American Horror Story, too, the acting is top notch. 

For a 1/2 hour comedy try Blackish. I like Laurence Fishburne as Pops.

For a series try Lost Girl.   It is about a fey named Bo who finds out she is a succubus.

Z Nation is about zombies...It is more campy and humorous than the TWD.  TWD is, of course excellent and just keeps getting better the more you watch it.

Last edited by sunshinej (January 19, 2016 12:13 pm)

i ♥ nirvana

January 25, 2016 1:46 pm  #72

Another series I found on Netflix is Hart of Dixie... Just starting watching it and it sure does remind me of Northern Exposure.  I think I am going to like this one a lot.

Is anyone watching the new 6 episodes of the X Files.  I DVR'd last night's episode and haven't seen it yet.  My mom & dad saw it and told me it was really good, so looking forward to it.

i ♥ nirvana

January 28, 2016 8:49 am  #73

Anyone catch the new Magicians show this week.  Didn't it remind you of Harry Potter, but with 20 year olds.

My sunday DVR taping of the X Files had 20 minutes of football. So, I missed out on the last 20 minutes of the show.     I hate when that happens.

Last edited by sunshinej (January 28, 2016 9:34 am)

i ♥ nirvana

February 2, 2016 4:11 pm  #74

I'm feel so lucky because we have great British drama.

Currently on Sundays we have a new series of Vera and also War and Peace.
Wednesday we have Midsomer Murders (much better with the new guy than John Nettles)
Thursday we have Death in Paradise and a new thing called Jericho
Fridays we ahe a new series of Mr Selfridge.

All those and I still have to keep up with 2 soaps (Coronation Street and Emmerdale), 2+ quiz shows and various good comedies!

My to watch list is longer than my games to play!

I have a Firestick and can watch lots of US progs on that. Just before Christmas I finished Breaking bad. Took me about 3 months to watch them all as I had to watch most episodes more than once. 'ed it!

February 2, 2016 6:14 pm  #75

suneshinej -- Ugh!  I wonder if my X FILES got messed up like yours.  Obviously I haven't watched it yet.  I LOVED NORTHERN EXPOSURE!  I have all the seasons on DVD (the first season came in a cute little parka with a working zipper).  My friend and I even visited Roslyn, Washington where it was filmed.  Had a blast.

February 3, 2016 12:33 am  #76

Sun I recorded The Magicians, haven't watched it yet.

Fudge - I like  Neal Dudgeon better than John Nettles too.  I watch most of what you noted except we have yet to get Jericho or the new seasons of Vera and Mr Selfridge.  I gave War and Peace a go but found my mind wandering.  I was very po'd when they stopped airing Emmerdale in Canada, I loved that show.  I am a huge Corrie fan (we are about a week or so behind) and do watch Eastenders(don't tell anyone though) but we are a 1.5 yrs behind in that, lol Lucy just died.  I just finished watching the 2015 DCI Banks season.  I love British dramas ( and Aussie, really enjoying A Place to Call Home).  Loved Home Fires. Annoyed when they cancelled Scott and Bailey.  That was a great drama.  Last Tango in Halifax I'm awaiting the third season.  And Doc Martin just ended.  It seemed like a very short season.

Last edited by oscar66 (February 3, 2016 12:34 am)

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

February 3, 2016 6:14 am  #77

Hi oscar

Great that you get the British stuff! A shame you don't still get Emmerdale. Thankfully I never got into Eastenders! I love Doc Martin and Last Tango in Halifax too. We have A Place to Call Home in the afternoon here too. I record it, it is very well done. I also liked The Doctor Blake Mysteries when they were on, took me 2 series to realise it was Craig McLachlan!!!

February 3, 2016 4:21 pm  #78

I liked that one too, plus Father Brown and love me some Grantchester!  I actually watched War and Peace because of James Norton.  He didn't have quite the same pull for me in that, lol.  I love a good Brit mystery and have of late started watching New Tricks.  An older show I always liked was Murder in Suburbia with Caroline Catz.  Plus Rosemary and Thyme.  That is my Sunday morning breakfast viewing, a good murder!

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

February 4, 2016 12:42 pm  #79

lilyr...How nice to have the Northern Exposure dvd set.  I keep waiting for Netflix to get that show so I can see it again.  I miss watching Dr. Joel, Marilyn, Ed, Ruthann, Maggie, Chris, Maurice, Holling & Shelly.  How lucky to get to see the place where it was filmed.

Your first XFiles show (the one that was on sunday) I wouldn't be surprised if the first half is football and you are missing the last half of the show. 

Oscar...I think you'll like The Magicians when you start watching it. 

I wish I could watch Downton Abbey...I guess I could rent it at the video store, but that seems a pain going back & forth all the time and probably costly.  I have seen Midsummer Murders and like that one.  Netflix has Rosemary & Thyme, but have yet to seen it.

Fudgechi...A show similar to Breaking Bad that is pretty good is Sons of Anarchy.

i ♥ nirvana

February 4, 2016 12:45 pm  #80

Valentine's Day is coming Sun!  And I am spending it with Darryl and Rick! lol  I also recorded X Files and have yet to watch.  Fortunately I taped in on Space on a different day so no football to contend with.

Board footera