Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 8, 2017 8:08 am  #281

Re: Whatcha watching on TV?

FudgeChi -- I'm taping the BLACKLIST.  I started watching Ken Burns' documentary on VIETNAM. I had to tape that while I was watching the new season on CBS. I couldn't watch VIETNAM straight through an episode because it was too intense. I had classmates who were sent and not all came back alive. My brother's best friend was in-country and he had some pretty bad experiences.

I'll catch up eventually..

Sunshinej -- Did you "rent" your DVR from your cable company?  I'm still taping shows . Yes, taping, as in VCR!  Tapes are getting harder to find though. If you did rent your DVR would it be possible to buy one and hook it up? Around here DVRs are about $250 US. And don't get me started on how cable companies are allowed to rip us off. They're almost as bad as airlines!

January 4, 2018 6:29 pm  #282

oscar -- What did you think of this season of SURVIVOR? I was really interested in it. It seemed to have some twists that previous seasons hadn't.

Last edited by lilyr (January 4, 2018 6:30 pm)

January 7, 2018 8:33 pm  #283

I really enjoyed it Lily.  It was different and had a slow start but I will say I was so glad Ben won.  He truly deserved the win.  I love when they add unexpected elements while main ting the good old Survivor format.  Plus there were some new challenges this year.
Ps there is controversy about the last immunity challenge win with Chrissy.  It appears one of her “S” was Updike down so she shouldn’t have won at that point. I’m looking forward to the new twists Ghost Island will bring.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

January 7, 2018 10:10 pm  #284

I really enjoyed it too. I was glad Ben won too. I couldn't believe all the Idols he found!  I almost cried when his U was upside down and everything fell. I didn't notice that her S was upside down.   I was glad that there were some new challenges. Some of them have been used on every season, I think. I think the upcoming season will be a good one too.

January 20, 2018 2:00 pm  #285

I was thinking of the shows that I currently am watching and how they are all different from each other.  Then I realized that they weren't so different as they are all shows where people are helping other people.

Supernatural...Sam & Dean scour the country helping people with supernatural problems.

Call the Midwife...Midwives help deliver babies for the poor in 1950's London's East End.

Longmire...Walt Longmire is a sheriff in Wyoming.

Hawaii Five -0...The 5-0 task force is keeping the citizens of Hawaii safe from the bad guys.

i ♥ nirvana

March 9, 2018 8:47 pm  #286

I finished Supernatural...I'm sad that it's over.  It's a good thing season 13 is going on.

I finished Call the Midwife...How I missed Chummy and Sister Evangelina.  Not Jenny Lee so much since Barbara her replacement was one of my favorites.

I started Doctor Blake Mysteries

i ♥ nirvana

April 30, 2018 8:55 am  #287

Oh I love the Dr Blake Mysteries... the time it is set in brings back so many memories as I'm an Aussie, I think the acting is, at times, not good, it always has a good storyline

May 3, 2018 9:22 am  #288

I really like watching the Dr. Blake Mysteries.  The time line that it is set in is one of the reasons I enjoy it so much.  I am a few episodes in on season 2.  When the first episode started I was like what happened to Danny? Gone already.   I saw that  they replaced him with Charlie.  Now I am used to Charlie so no big deal now.  

i ♥ nirvana

May 17, 2018 11:30 pm  #289

A new programme started here, in Perth, called 'Instinct' .. a crime solving duo, saw the first episode on Wednesday night, looks good... anyone else see this?

May 22, 2018 1:01 pm  #290

I haven't watched Instinct yet.  I have seen the commercials for it though.  I thought maybe it was similar to the show Elementary.  I don't know if you get that one to compare. 

i ♥ nirvana

Board footera