Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 12, 2016 10:53 am  #231

Re: Whatcha watching on TV?

Sun - I saw TWD last night and man that scene with Darryl and Rick was one of the most poignant scenes I have ever seen on TV.  It really choked me up.  It conveyed so much of how these two men feel for each other and if you think back to season 1 it's pretty unbelievable.  I really thought it was a beautiful scene.
I did love how they ended the mid-season with hope and love and a great feeling that most of our people are back together.

Don't tell me anything about TD I haven't seen it yet so I don't know who the surprise guest is.

PS. who's boot was that with the wire around the ankle watching Rick and Aaron?  Question for the February.  Is this a new group of people or one guy alone?  hmm.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

December 13, 2016 9:52 am  #232

I fell asleep last night, and I missed TWD. 

Last edited by mmiillaa (December 13, 2016 9:53 am)

"The problem whit the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence"
                                                                                                             Charles Bukowski

December 15, 2016 9:57 am  #233

I was really behind on TWD after I watched the first episode I got caught up on Fear of the Walking Dead.  Now that is over

poor Chris...I don't think he was really bad as they were trying to make him out to be

I am finally able to catch up on TWD.  I am at where the saviors just visited Hilltop. I knew that the painting was going to be taken. 

i ♥ nirvana

December 21, 2016 1:00 pm  #234

I hope I didn't ruin TWD for you.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

December 21, 2016 3:23 pm  #235

No you didn't spoil it for me, Oscar.  I just finished watching the episode with Tara.  Now Oceanside is the place I would want to live.  Hidden amongst the trees and next to a beach.   Lovely!  Took a look at the upcoming Talking Dead and was surprised to see Josh Homme from Queens of the Stone Age on it as a guest.  Looking forward to that.

Anyone watch Aftermath this fall.  Strange, but I like it.

i ♥ nirvana

December 22, 2016 3:55 pm  #236

I hadn't heard of Aftermath, Sun, but I've just added it to my stick and will give it a go.

December 27, 2016 7:28 pm  #237

I couldn't get into that.  I think I managed two full eps.  Anne Heche was getting on my last nerve.

Last edited by oscar66 (December 27, 2016 7:28 pm)

December 29, 2016 10:21 am  #238

Anne Heche didn't bother me.  The more I watched the more I thought she fit her character.  I've seen all 13 episodes and thought it got better as it went along.  Won't be a show for everyone though.  It is more of a campy rather than a serious show.

Last edited by sunshinej (December 29, 2016 10:42 am)

i ♥ nirvana

December 29, 2016 10:59 am  #239

I was assuming it would be campy when the previews showed the big army guy in a pink negligee!  I was looking forward to that as I like Z Nation and it does not take itself seriously. I'm way behind on this season.  When the creature grabbed the daughter and flew away I thought ooh this is interesting and then it flatlined for me.  I can't say exactly why but she did irritate me. 

December 31, 2016 3:27 pm  #240

Hmm, maybe you were expecting it to have more zombies.  I wouldn't call it a zombie show at all.  It is more mythical instead.

I just got back from middle earth.  I always wanted to watch the Lord of the Rings trilogy back to back to back and finally did it.  What a time commitment though. Whew!  I did understand some things better watching it this way while everything was fresh in my mind.

Last edited by sunshinej (December 31, 2016 3:28 pm)

i ♥ nirvana

Board footera