Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 11, 2016 4:57 pm  #201

Re: Whatcha watching on TV?

Clapping hands I can't wait Fudge! I'll keep an eye out for Brief Encounters.

Funny you should mention Royal Pains Sun, I'm just starting to PVR it this week.  One of my stations is showing it from the start.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

July 12, 2016 9:04 am  #202

oscar66 wrote:

Funny you should mention Royal Pains Sun, I'm just starting to PVR it this week.  One of my stations is showing it from the start.

Oh, nice.  I didn't start watching this until about 2 or 3 seasons in.  It went on for 8 seasons so I still had plenty of shows to see. 

i ♥ nirvana

July 20, 2016 11:33 am  #203

Netflix just put out Stranger Things.  We watched the first season which is just 8 episodes and thought it really good.  First It is set in the 80's which is a pretty nostalgic time for me.   I first thought it was based off a Stephen King book as It had a couple of nods to him throughout the series.  

fudge...I have been wanting to ask what a tosser means since I heard it a few times on Doc Martin.  It sounds like it should be a insult, but it sounds too cute to be really insulting.  I'm thinking it sounds like a lazy person.  Am I close?

i ♥ nirvana

July 20, 2016 2:40 pm  #204

Tosser here usually means a stupid person but we might say he's a lazy tosser, Sun.

Thanks, I've added Stranger Things to my Trakt and will watch it on my stick sometime. At the moment I'm watching Blindspot and enjoying it. Well, not at this very moment of course!!!!!

July 20, 2016 7:07 pm  #205

lol, all those silly girls call Martin a tosser.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

July 21, 2016 9:31 am  #206

Thanks Fudge,  I wasn't close at all.  When I was watching it with my husband, I was joking around and said to him "If you don't be nice to me I'll call you a tosser".  He didn't know what it meant either and he shrug and said okay, I don't care.  Whatever. 

Oscar...Yeah, those silly girls, always walking around and giggling. 

i ♥ nirvana

July 21, 2016 2:42 pm  #207

Martin is a bit of an idiot. Tosser is a much nicer version of another word which isn't so nice, and which I wouldn't dream of typing or using!

July 25, 2016 2:41 am  #208

lilyr wrote:

Thanks stusue.  There's a European passport?  So you probably can't vote anywhere.

Are you sure?

August 8, 2016 10:20 am  #209

I have seen all of Outlander, thought it was a great season and can't wait for next season with Brianna and Roger included.  I keep think I will reread them all but they are a time consuming endeavor.  I have reread Outlander and have Dragonfly in Amber on the bedside table.

This 9th season of Inspector Lewis has been pretty good.  I am disappointed it is the last.  NO ONE does a mystery they way the British do imo.

August 8, 2016 2:02 pm  #210

Outlander was another great season, Oscar.

I was so disappointed when it was the last Lewis too. We do do mystery so well!

Board footera