Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 7, 2016 10:53 am  #91

Re: Whatcha watching on TV?

I'm starting to record The Tudors now.  I'm also watching season 2 of  Last Man on Earth.
Today the TV will be on Superbowl festivities all day long.  Hubby's New England Patriots almost made it, their kicker missed his first point after attempt in 523 tries, and at the end of the game they were down by 2 points instead of 1 and had to try for the 2-point conversion and lost.  It was all very sad.  But I guess we're still watching, my guess is to root against my hubby's hated Peyton Manning.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

February 8, 2016 12:44 pm  #92

I watched the super bowl last night, Wendy.  Carolina was not able to do much against Denver's defense.  Don't tell your husband, but I was hoping Denver would win since it might be Peyton Manning's last game.   I was unimpressed with the way Cam Newton acted after the game.  I know he must have been disappointed, but one needs to suck it up and not be a sore loser about losing.  How did you like the half-time show?  I liked Coldplay about 7 years ago, so it was nice seeing them.  Bruno Mars was pretty good, but I'm so tired of that song and I think Beyoncé is  overrated  when she came on I went to get my clothes out of the dryer.  I don't think I ever heard Lady Gaga sing before except last night.  She did a beautiful rendition of the National Anthem that it brought a lump to my throat hearing it.

i ♥ nirvana

February 8, 2016 5:15 pm  #93

sunshinej -- I'm glad Lady Gaga did a good job with the National Anthem.  When I heard she was going to sing it I just sort of rolled my eyes.  I've gotten so sick and tired of "singer" putting their own spin on it.

February 15, 2016 4:00 pm  #94

EEK! I thought I'd try the first episode of The Walking Dead last night as oscar likes it. EEK! Scared me to death and it didn't help that I was eating my fish, chips and mushy peas at the time!

February 15, 2016 9:03 pm  #95

Aw I'm sorry to hear that.  What did you think of it character and story wise? Will you give episode 2 a go?  Or is it definitely not for you?

On the other side, the first ep of season 6b was on last night and it was AWESOME!!!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!  Sun did you see it?

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

February 15, 2016 9:04 pm  #96

Did I say it was AWESOME?

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

February 16, 2016 1:06 am  #97

I plan on watching The Walking Dead during the spring/summer, along with Downton Abby.  Right now I've just started watching my favorite reality show America's Next Top Model.  Episode 22 is the only newer one available and I've seen all the older ones so I'm actually watching Australia's Next Top Model.  The "F" word isn't bleeped, and these girls use it a lot.  I use it a lot, myself, but if I was on TV I'd be watching my language and trying to look classy.  There's a lot of other words they use that I have no idea what they mean.   And they show bare boobs and seem to do a lot more sexier photos than the American one.  They go out drinking a lot, and they all told one girl what a bitchshe was so she quit and went home.  It's way more "guilty pleasure" than ours, I'm loving it

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

February 16, 2016 6:28 am  #98

I'll give episode 2 a go, oscar. I can see why you like it and it's very well done. I just won't be eating my supper when I watch it again!

February 16, 2016 9:10 am  #99

I preferred Australia and the older versions of UK Wendy.  Tyra gets on my last nerve.  When she got rid of the Jays and Nigel and started having the guys and social media it went downhill for me.  It has been cancelled after this last season.

Good Fudge! I'm glad you'll give it another look, sans mushy peas!

You'll have some good summer viewing in the road Wendy.  Lol what a contrast.  I'm stockpiling Downton to watch the whole season over a cold weekend. I do own the DVDs on this as well so I may start at the beginning.

February 16, 2016 10:22 am  #100

oscar66 wrote:

On the other side, the first ep of season 6b was on last night and it was AWESOME!!!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!! AWESOME!!!!! Sun did you see it?

No, I didn't see it yet.  Felt blah last night and went to bed around 7:30.  Like Fudgechi I won't watch it while eating dinner and we had chili last night.  Watched CSI Cyber instead while eating dinner.

Can't wait to see it tonight....

i ♥ nirvana

Board footera