Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 5, 2017 8:40 am  #971

Re: The Chat Lounge

May 6th...still have the heat on.

i ♥ nirvana

May 5, 2017 3:07 pm  #972

Me too sunshinej. And we might get measurable snow Sunday. 

May 6, 2017 11:39 pm  #973

ok it hasn't stopped friggin raining for days.  Everything is green enough!  And the snow!  Fingers crossed it does not appear tomorrow!

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

May 7, 2017 2:55 pm  #974

Whoops, when I wrote that the date was supposed to be May 5th, but it also applied for May 6th too.  Sunday was better still in the 40's, but the sun came out and it wasn't raining.  

Oscar...I know what you mean about the rain.  Thursday, Friday and Saturday were all day rains.  Wednesday was dry, but Monday and Tuesday were both rainy days.

Lilyr...Hope Sunday turned around for you too.  Snow in May is not a nice thing to even think about. 

i ♥ nirvana

May 9, 2017 7:09 pm  #975

No snow, thankfully, but we've had much more rain than we should. Lake Ontario is eroding away beaches and lawns, parts of Ontario, Canada are flooded, parts of Montreal are flooded. They can't open the dam to lower Lake Ontario because then most of Montreal would get flooded.

May 9, 2017 8:30 pm  #976

Yes thankfully no snow, but flooding has been an issue.  Fortunately not where I live.  I am in Ontario, near a different lake and I haven't heard of any issues in town.  I do however have a friend in Ottawa and she has spent many days bagging sand.  The community has really pulled together according to her fb.  Sunny day today though!

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

May 10, 2017 7:58 pm  #977

I'm so happy.  A local charity came today and took most of my father-in-law's furniture.  His house is almost empty enough for us to hire somebody to come in and clean.  And at the end of June, my DH has a court date and fingers crossed, the court will accept the will.   Never, EVER, write your will yourself.  Pay the money and get a lawyer to do it.  We found a booklet about Do-It-Yourself Living Trusts and I'm so glad my father-in-law didn't follow through on something like that.  His DIY will was enough aggravation.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

May 11, 2017 10:10 am  #978

Yikes Tirama!  I didn't think anyone these days did DIY wills. You are so right about a Trust being even more of a disaster. I'm glad the house is getting there.

May 11, 2017 11:54 am  #979

lilyr wrote:

Yikes Tirama!  I didn't think anyone these days did DIY wills. You are so right about a Trust being even more of a disaster. I'm glad the house is getting there.

Yep, a DIY will and no legal representation when preparing the property settlement for his divorce.  Those two decisions have cost thousands of dollars more than the money he saved.

And the hoarding of paper.  Every tax return since 1950!

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

May 14, 2017 8:42 am  #980

Working on a decluttering challenge.  The first day, you throw out 1 thing; the second day, 2 things, etc.  I'm on day 14.

Board footera