Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 11, 2017 9:41 am  #951

Re: The Chat Lounge

Made another wreath. 

i ♥ nirvana

March 11, 2017 10:18 am  #952

sunshine, you are such a crafty person ~ everything looks so good.

Thanks for asking about my son.  Thank goodness he is done with radiation.  I noticed his neck is starting to heal up from the burn but he has been having a lot of mucousitis in his mouth which they say is normal, guess since his salivary glands are affected.  There is lots of spitting but hopefully once everything is done, it will go back to normal.  After his second chemo treatment, his kidney function was affected and had to get IV fluids for a couple of hours.  They have decided to break the last chemo into three smaller doses and he still has one of those to go.  He has periodic visits for fluids and yesterday had to have a blood transfusion (2 units) ~ that is apparently normal too as the chemo affects the blood.  Found out he has the same blood type as me, AB+ which is fairly rare (3% of the population) and I was surprised and think my mom also was that type.  He was really feeling bad on Thursday so no work and I think that was what led to the need for blood transfusion.  Overall, he has been coping pretty well.  They will do a scan in 3 months so until that time, he will have monthly visits and gradually work up to working FT.  Guess I will have a roommate for a few more months. 

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

March 11, 2017 10:40 am  #953

Very good news Tee.  How are you doing?

Very nice Sun!  How'd you make the pompoms?  I keep wanting to post some of my jewellry but my photo site is a pain in the ass to deal with.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

March 11, 2017 1:38 pm  #954

Teeitup...Good news...no more radiation and the chemo is coming to an end soon.  Sounds like he has had a little bit of a bumpy ride with it all, but good to hear that he is coping well with it.   I second with what Oscar said about how are you doing yourself?

Oscar...The pomanders aka kissing balls are simplicity itself.  Some silk flowers, foam ball and a glue gun is all you need.  Most people use roses.  I wanted to do different so I tried peony, chrysanthemum, hydrangea and Japanese Cherry Blossom (not shown).    I tried  daisy, but don't recommend those flowers as the middle is large and when I was finished it looked like eyes looking out at you.   

i ♥ nirvana

March 13, 2017 9:22 pm  #955

sunshinej --  Your wreaths are beautiful.

Tee --  Thanks for the update on your son.  All of his side effects are pretty normal (unfortunately).  Hope the radiation and chemo do what they are supposed  to!

And another person who wants to know -- How are YOU?

Last edited by lilyr (March 13, 2017 9:22 pm)

March 16, 2017 5:16 am  #956

lilyr wrote:

sunshinej --  Your wreaths are beautiful.

Thanks lilyr...They are fun to do and keep me busy in the cold months.

Last edited by sunshinej (March 16, 2017 5:16 am)

i ♥ nirvana

March 27, 2017 9:41 pm  #957

Spring...One step forward    two steps back 

Last edited by sunshinej (March 29, 2017 9:13 am)

i ♥ nirvana

March 28, 2017 4:53 pm  #958

Sorry I haven't been here in so long.  I'm so glad your son is almost through treatment, Tee, and that it's going pretty well.  It's like a miracle that he was clean and sober for this toughest of fights.  

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

March 29, 2017 9:13 am  #959

Hello Wendy...

i ♥ nirvana

March 29, 2017 1:40 pm  #960

Good to see you, Wendy, I was getting worried 

Board footera