Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 28, 2015 6:32 am  #81

Re: The Chat Lounge

Hi everyone! 

Sorry I haven't been around but here at Mum's we have constant visitors and up until tonight there have always been two of us here at night.  So I've haven't had a single minute to myself since I've been here, as everyone's already up by the time I get up and when the last person leaves and Mum and whoever's here goes to bed I collapse into bed myself.  And I haven't been sleeping well at all so I've been like a zombie.  But I'm here tonight on my own and Mum's just gone to bed so I've got a few mins on my own before I crash myself.

I just wanted to let you know that everything's going as well as can be expected here.  Considering the state of things, Mum's going really well.  She feels great and wants to jump up and start cleaning but realises that she has try and conserve as much energy as possible.   She's also on oxygen but we placed the machine right in the middle of her apartment so she can now go wherever she wants without having to worry about running out of tubing.  But we have doctors and nurses and visitors coming every day.  It's so busy here!  Mum loves it but she's getting really tired and was so happy to go to bed tonight as she's really tired, but a good tired after a lovely day.

Oscar, I'm so sorry you've had such a scare (and expense) with Winston!  Your poor little furbaby!  I sure hope it'll end up being something really simple and easily fixed ... and won't take 7 tablets twice a day to fix!

Tirama, I'm SO happy things are going so well for your DH!  But, of course, continued prayers.

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

February 28, 2015 3:38 pm  #82

We are currently under a flood watch and experiencing a rather violent thunderstorm.  DH had just left for the vet with Tiffany when it began to pour.  She's going to be a basket case when she gets home.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

February 28, 2015 3:47 pm  #83

oh poor Tiffany.  Does she have a thundercoat?  I see to remember talking about this before.  I hope she settles down quick.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

February 28, 2015 3:49 pm  #84

Ok, here's a picture of Bailey and Baxter being brought in by my friend who rescued them.  I have a video I took this morning but it's a little long and don't know if it will post.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

February 28, 2015 3:51 pm  #85

OMG I just want to eat them up they are so adorable!

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

February 28, 2015 6:06 pm  #86

stusue -- Can something be said so the visitors space themselves out and let you have some time to yourselves?  Constant visitors can't be good for your mom.  We know they aren't good for you.  Hope you get some better sleep.  Praying for you all.

oscar -- I'm glad Winston seems to be doing well.  Yikes!  That is one expensive dog!  But I'm sure he's worth it.  Hope it is something very minor too.

Tirama -- Oh poor Tiffany!  She'll probably be stuck to you for the rest of the evening (at least).

Tee -- They are sooo cute!  Hope they settle in well.  The larger one looks curiopus and happy.  The smaller one seems somewhat timid.  But I've probably got that totally wrong. 

February 28, 2015 6:39 pm  #87

Double trouble.  They are sooo cute

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

March 1, 2015 6:28 am  #88

Thanks, all.  Double trouble is right!!  Bailey (Batman as my friend, Lynzee, calls him) is my little sentry, as he sits so straight and still when I'm in the kitchen, watching my every move.  He also seems to be somewhat of a little bully over Baxter.  But Baxter can hold his own when they scuffle as he has the fatter little belly.  lilyr, I thought the same thing when I would see the pics Lynzee posted.  She called them Scrappy and Rowdy and I always thought it was Rowdy that was the timid looking one but it was reversed.  He's not really timid but just a little more reserved.

My computer time is going to be seriously curtailed during this stage as I have to watch them continuously to check out trouble spots.  Don't want to stick them in their cage and Brent is mostly here so he keeps an eye out.  Yesterday, I was at my computer with a throw over my legs and they came in and settled at my feet and then I took it in to cover my legs while I watched an episode of Scandal on Netflix with my son and they found a corner of it and it formed a cave-like opening and they loved it.  Now I know when I really need some game time, they will be in one place for a while.   They have both totally captured my heart and I'm in love .  I knew after Mom and Dad were gone that this is what I needed to do and was just waiting to find the perfect one (dos).

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

March 1, 2015 7:58 am  #89

I watched your video on FB, Tee, so funny how they go from playing with the ball to each other, back to the ball, back to each other.  The apple head Chi is the type with the dome head, the big forehead, if it's a more normal type that's called deerhead Chi.  The Chi part will love hiding under blankets, be very careful sitting down cause it will just look like a wrinkle in the blanket.  And Chis love to be held.  Don't know anything about the Silky Terrier part.  They make a really cute mix, though.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

March 3, 2015 11:53 am  #90

Teeitup...Your puppies are so cute and adorable.  Such sweet little faces.

Stusue...I hope all is going well with you and hope your mom continues to feel good.

Oscar...How is Winston doing now?  Any word yet?  Glad to hear that he wasn't poisoned.  

Tirama... How tedious going to your in laws anytime you want to post here.  Also, was wondering if you had a plan B in mind if Comcast is not able to fix your Boardhost connection problem.

i ♥ nirvana

Board footera