Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 26, 2015 10:18 pm  #71

Re: The Chat Lounge

hopefully the antibiotics get him on the right track.  And cha ching is right. Just under $1500 today.   The fungal infection they're testing for is apparently a stubborn one but treatable.  She also said perhaps the pool of blood was his nose or gums bleeding.  His platelets were down to 14 at their second test.  If he has lung cancer I will just go to pieces. I'm putting my head in the sand . He seems okay, ate his dinner no problem. 

The stainguard is good, they come and do it.  If you can't get something out they do replace the furniture, or cushions.

Great news for you and your husband T.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

February 27, 2015 8:16 am  #72

Tirama, that's such great news.    I looked up the disease in several places, the first sounded like some cases could be controlled fairly easily with the right medicine, and then I read a scarier article and could never find the original one I read again.  I'm so glad they got it under control.  I know it's seemed like forever for you two.  At least 4 months you've been worrying about this.

Oscar, no, no, no.  It's so hard when our furbabies get sick, they can't tell you what's wrong and you can't tell them what's happening.  I'm praying for the best, he seems so big, beautiful, and shiny it's hard to believe he could have anything serious wrong with him.  He seems to glow with good health, you know?

I have dog shots on my agenda this week, too.  Can't afford the regular vet but we have a place that gives very low cost shots, it won't cost much more than $50 for the both of them to get 3 yr. rabies and the 6-in-1.  They only charge about 50 for fixing, also.  The place is always packed.  They moved into a bigger building since the last time I was there and added $20 office visits. 

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

February 27, 2015 8:37 am  #73

Oscar, do you use Beneful?
Dog owners, listen up. A recent lawsuit claims Purina's popular Beneful dry 'kibble' dog food is hurting and killing dogs.The lawsuit lists stomach and related internal bleeding, liver malfunction, vomiting and more as symptoms: http://m.kshb.com/1wlxTPi

February 27, 2015 12:08 pm  #74

oscar...So sorry to hear that your sweet furry baby Winston is having problems.   I hope the antibotics do the trick to make him feel better.

Wendy...When I was looking around for a dog food for my dog, I didn't like how Beneful had corn listed as their first ingredient.  So I went with Purina One  which had lamb as their first ingredient.  They are both made by Purina though.   Wondering if it is the brand or the company. 

Tirama...That's great about your husband.  So glad that he is doing much better.

Last edited by sunshinej (February 27, 2015 12:13 pm)

i ♥ nirvana

February 27, 2015 1:03 pm  #75

Awww,  I just read that Leonard Nimoy died.  Mr. Spock was my first crush.

Live Long and Prosper  - Which I guess he did.

i ♥ nirvana

February 27, 2015 2:57 pm  #76

awww I'm sad too sunshinej.  I'd read last night that he was rushed to a hospital but hadn't seen anything today.  I'd say he had a pretty good life too.

February 27, 2015 5:06 pm  #77

February 27, 2015 10:19 pm  #78

Thanks, guys.

wendy - it's been about 4 months since DH was hospitalized and needed his first two blood transfusions.  But he had been feeling poorly for 2 months prior to that.  So a total of 6 months.  No wonder I've been feeling so metally exhausted.

But for now, life's good.  I feel liek I can make plans a week or two in advance to do something without worrying that the plans will need to be cancelled because we'll be spending the time in ER.

Oscar - how is Winston doing?

ETA:  life would be even better if Boardhost and Comcast would resolve whatever conflict they're having and let me access the forum using my ISP instead of trying to pick up the signal from my f-i-l's.

Last edited by TiramaSue (February 27, 2015 10:21 pm)

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

February 27, 2015 10:37 pm  #79

Yikes Tirama!  I hadn;t realized it had been that long.  Yes, it's no wonder you've been mentally exhausted.

The Boardhost-Comcast thing STILL isn't fixed? 

Yes oscar.  We'd like to know how Winston is doing.

February 28, 2015 1:41 am  #80

Winston seems just fine, and thank you for asking!  No more bleeds and I ran a urine sample over to the vet for this big test. She did a quick check while I was there and all was well with the simple dip check.  He is taking 7, yes 7 pills twice a day!  I won't have those test results back until mid next week so until then it's a waiting game.  He will get a re xray next week as well.  You know they charge $85 for this plus a set up fee of $34.  It's not like they even produce anything it's all on computer so I don't know whether there are "plates" being used or not.  With his really low platelets the funny lung xrays could even be some bleeding in his lungs.  I think this may be the lesser of all the evils as it would clear up once his platelets were normal.  I'm not sure whether I mentionned this but he was NOT poisoned.  that test was fine.

(no beneful Wendy)

Last edited by oscar66 (February 28, 2015 1:42 am)

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

Board footera