Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 24, 2015 5:53 am  #61

Re: The Chat Lounge

So glad you made it, stusue.  Now give your mom a big hug from us and tell her we are thinking about her and praying for you all.  Now get some SLEEP!!!

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

February 24, 2015 7:05 am  #62

I'm getting a dog!!!  Well, make that two. A girl that was on the hospice team for my folks has become a good friend and told me she was gonna find me a dog after I lost my folks' dog.  She is a member of a rescue group here in my area (PAWS = Pets Are Worth Saving) which I also joined so was following on FB and knew I would end up finding just the right one for me.

About a week ago, she posted a picture of the sweetest dog who she rescued from a "friend" because the poor baby had fleas that had embedded in his neck.  He is only about 6-8 wks old and she went back and got his little brother, too.  My heart melted and I told her if she wasn't planning on keeping him, I would be interested in the first one and maybe both of them.

Last weekend, she got a call that her dad had been taken to the hospital in Chicago and I knew someone was caring for them while she was gone.  She texted me yesterday that "Scrappy" which she named him for now was going to be ready to go to his forever home if I still wanted him.. Told her yes and could we have his brother, too and although she might have someone interested in the other one, if I really, really  wanted him, I could have them both.  Just really wanted to keep them together, so YAY, on Thursday, I get to be a new "puppy mom".  They are going to be really small and are "silkyhuahuas" (mix of silky terrier and chihuahua).  I love their sweet faces and coloring and being fond of yorkies, the terrier part will fit the bill for me.  So we're going shopping today for puppy stuff, new cage and whatever else strikes my fancy.  I have a dog carrier I used to keep Bubbie in when I had to be gone but thought an open cage would be better to start right off the bat to get them used to it.  My son's ex-wife just got a similar mix from her vet as a rescue and he went over to see her this weekend and said the puppy was really tiny and already taking to her cage, so I told her we would have to have some "puppy playdates".

Can you tell I'm excited.  Will post a pic or two when I get them settled in ~ have decided on "Baxter and Bailey" as names and I can tell from the pics my friend has posted, that the little brother has a more timid look in his eyes so he will probably be Bailey.  I debated about two puppies but now that I'm home all the time and my son is here for awhile, he assured me that "we" can do this and it's better to keep them together as they will keep each other company.  He also told me that my game playing time is probably going to take a hit but I always put Bubbie on the bed behind me for company (which is the thing I have missed the most) so they will probably do the same.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

February 24, 2015 8:38 am  #63

Glad you made it okay to your mom's house, stusue.  Hopefully right now you are taking a long, long sleep

teeitup...Congratulations on getting new puppies.   Yes, I can tell that you are very excited. LoL  I think it great      that you found two puppy brothers to adopt.

i ♥ nirvana

February 24, 2015 9:09 am  #64

Glad you made it safely, sweet dreams and love to the family.

Yea for you Tee!  It so exciting to be getting new little guys.  Defo for pictures, love baby pictures, human or furry! I have a picture in my head as to what they will look like.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

February 24, 2015 7:26 pm  #65

stusue -- I'm glad you're safely there.  Hope you can get some quality sleep!  I continue praying for you and your mom.

tee -- What? You? Excited?    That is so nice that the brothers can stay together.  They sound so cute!  Hope you all enjoy each other.

February 25, 2015 6:32 pm  #66

Ah, puppies.  Pooping and peeing all over the place.  I remember it well.
Sandham hasn't posted since Christmas, I do hope she's all right.  Has anyone seen her post anywhere?

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

February 25, 2015 7:30 pm  #67

Sandham is on my friend list for MC.  She's been playing and gifting me so I assume everything is okay.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

February 26, 2015 6:56 pm  #68

My poor little Winston had to spend the day in dog hospital.  I got up this morning and found he had vomited blood, a substantial amount with a clot about the size of a nickel, of course on my new couch. (The stainguard seems to have worked). I had noticed blood on his dish the other day, but as if he had cut his tongue and it smeared.  And as he eats snow I thought perhaps he had cut his tongue or gums, but when I looked in his mouth didn't see anything.  Anyways I took him over they did bloodwork and he had extremely low platelets and a temp.  All other bloodwork was fine.  He is in pain meds that can cause gastronomic issues but we had to rule out an ulcer to confirm if it was autoimmune before they put him on prednisone.  So stomach X-rays and believe it or not barium stomach X-rays, that's why he had to stay.  In the end all was ok there, but they did however think a sliver of his lungs in the X-ray looked strange so they xrayed them.  Now I have to chase up a urine sample tomorrow, as he wouldn't pee the whole time he was there, 6hrs!, to test for a fungal infection, a $160 test! She also sent some blood off to test to make sure no one has poisoned him and gave him a shot of vitamin k just in case.  I'm hoping a fungal infection in the lungs as I don't want to think of what the alternative is.  I picked him up with 4 different scripts and some wet food, oh happy days for him, to get all those pills down.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

February 26, 2015 7:30 pm  #69

Poor Winston!

Tiffany needs to go for her rabies shot and check up this weekend.  Cha-ching.

DH saw the doctor today.  He continues to do well and will not have to go back for another 4 weeks.  It finally feels like we're getting our life back.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

February 26, 2015 10:08 pm  #70

oscar --- Awwww.... poor Winston indeed! (I wouldn't go so far as to say "little"  ).  Hope you're right and it's an easily treated fungal infection.  That must be some heavy duty stain guard!

Tirama -- I'm so glad DH got a good report!  

Last edited by lilyr (February 26, 2015 10:08 pm)

Board footera