Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 21, 2017 4:03 pm  #1001

Re: The Chat Lounge

Good to see you back stusue!   And feeling better!  Yikes about sis and bil. Hope your other sister's visit goes much better.

I'm not doing much of anything. I'm replaying old games -- M3 and FAIRWAY SOLITAIRE (which I love). Haven't done a HOPA in ages. I did finish CLUTTER VI.  Good thing because another one will be out soon.

Mostly I've been running around trying to get my car fixed. It was parked and I was putting money in the meter when the car in front of mine (that I was well away from) backed into me.  

she came right out and said she hadn't seen me and gave me all the information I needed. She could have pulled out straight ahead -- she had enough room.  I have a police report and just hope her insurance company doesn't want to total the car and take it. It's 14 years old but runs beautifully and has been very well cared for. Enough of my whining.

June 23, 2017 12:47 pm  #1002

Hi, Lily!       Thanks, it's good to be back!  
What nasty person backed into your car????      What a hassle!  
And you can whine all you want!  
I sure hope they fix your car, if that's what you'd prefer. 
I'd want a brand, spanking new one!  
And why haven't you played a HOPA in ages?  Just sick of them?  
Have fun with all your old games!  

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

June 23, 2017 10:30 pm  #1003

I'm pretty sure it's all cosmetics with the car. It's been running fine since she hit me. The problem is her insurance company. I FINALLY got a telephone number for them so I could report it. They want me to go some place I wouldn't trust to fix a Tonka truck. I'm holding out for my own collision shop. BUT we have to get her insurance adjuster out there. She hit me right square in the hood latch. No one wants to open the hood unless the adjuster is there. Pretty much everyone is concerned that the hood won't close.

Until this happened I was confident that I could get another 4 years out of this car. It runs very well, has had very minimaql repairs needed and I've taken good care of it.

June 25, 2017 9:39 am  #1004

Lily, what a hassle! 

Years ago when I had an accident (also not my fault), I just gave my insurer all the details and they contacted the other insurer and worked everything out between themselves.  Then they asked me where I wanted to take my car to be fixed, approved it, and I got it fixed without any problem.  If only it could work that way for you, too!

July 4, 2017 10:05 am  #1005

I haven't finished a game since June 22nd! I have about 6 on the go but my Mum is in hospital and so I can't concentrate on anything. It's a worrying time as she's 89.

July 4, 2017 3:48 pm  #1006

stusue -- I just haven't had the time to devote to a HOPA for quite a while. My big project (which isn't going super well) is trying to declutter my house. I've really gotten hooked on the CLUTTER games, too. They take forever to finish (about 600 puzzles in each) but they're fun. So I'm just playing games that I can do a board or two at a time. I was going to uninstall FAIRWAY SOLITAIRE but I decided to play it again. I really enjoy that game. 

FudgeChi -- I am so sorry your mother is ill. I'll add her (and you) to my prayer list.

July 5, 2017 2:04 pm  #1007

Lily, I sure wish I could declutter my house but I'm just not well enough to do it.  

It was fine until I had 2 containers arrive from Australia.  Now my house is filled from top (the attic) to bottom (the cellar) and everywhere in between with boxes, half-unpacked boxes, things that have been taken out of the boxes, all waiting for me to get some more furniture so I've got somewhere to put everything, and to sort out and get rid of all the junk.  Hopefully one of these days I'll feel well enough to do it.  Now I'm just trying to get the house looking respectable enough for my other sister, who'll be here in 3 weeks!  And I have to sort out the cellar as I have a broken pipe there and every time someone showers in the guest bathroom the cellar floods!  And I don't want her sharing MY bathroom for 3 months!  LOL.  But I am starting to get back on my feet and have actually managed to play some HOPs!

Fudge, I'm also so sorry your mum is in hospital.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  I hope she has a speedy recovery.

July 6, 2017 9:42 am  #1008

Fudge...Sorry to hear about your mom.  I hope she is doing better now while in the hospital.

​I bought this book called Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo...In it she wrote by organizing by category instead of by room and instead of saying what items to get rid of, think of what items to keep that spark joy for you.  Also, she teaches you to fold clothes that stand up in the drawer.  I fold clothes like this all the time now and it is so much nicer than laying the clothes flat in the drawer since you can see everything at a glance.

i ♥ nirvana

July 6, 2017 12:21 pm  #1009

(((((Fudge)))))

I really need to get decluttering again.  We finally got my father-in-law's will accepted by the courts and are now scrambling to get the last bits out of his house so that it can be listed for sale.  Consequently, a lot more stuff has entered MY house, and it's beginning to look like his did!

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

July 19, 2017 1:06 pm  #1010

I want to get a new crockpot/slow cooker, preferably a programmable one.  Can anybody recommend one?

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Board footera