Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 16, 2013 11:57 pm  #11

Re: Sneak Peek Betas (Possible Spoilers)

I just tried the beta for 2 ERS games, Flights of Fancy: Two Doves and Twilight Phenomena: Strange Menagerie.

I didn't get far into Two Doves because the voice acting was not very good IHO and I just got bored.  If you like fairy tales very much then you may last longer than I did.  Graphics were classic ERS with rounded edges.

I really liked Strange Menagerie.  The artwork was all Aztec, all day. Very nice.

The story is pretty much the same as some other games where people are genetically changed by mad scientists into animals with various consequences. Like the classic Dr. Moreau's Island book.

The gameplay is harder and I think I'd have to buy the CE.  The game looks to be quite long based on the map locations. 

The music was really nice and related to the story. Good voices, too.

I will probably try not to buy this one when its released  - but I will likely buy it, anyway.

Last edited by jkuci (August 16, 2013 11:58 pm)

August 17, 2013 1:41 am  #12

I just did the beta of Elephant Games, Riddles of Fate: Wild Hunt.

Excellent all way around: graphics, story, music, voices, collectables and just EVERYthing!!  Plus its completely playable without a Guide.  The hints are good.

A dark fantasy that includes the Four Horsemen of the Apocolypse, a love story with Death and a mortal, ghosts and a Bone King.

I'll make myself wait for the SE......I hope.

August 17, 2013 4:03 pm  #13

I just tried the Vampire Ventures beta.

It's match 3 that is very similar to the Puppy and Kitten Santuary games.  But without the cute puppies and kittens.

Like those games, you can match diagonally. Plus, this has an untimed option.

It was a pretty good match 3 with a story about a girl vampire who was trying to reclaim her father's machine that allows vampires to eat strawberry juice instead of blood..  A mean vampire had stolen it so she has to go to his scary castle to get it and must overcome all sorts of obstacle to do so.

August 17, 2013 4:09 pm  #14

jkuci, I am really enjoying reading about the beta games that you have tried.  You must really be enjoying yourself trying all of them.  I am only going to pick a select few...those devs. that I really like.  I have to give my comments later because I tried 2 of them last night.

Thanks for what you said earlier about overlooking my mistake.  I guess I was so anxious to set up the thread that I wasn't thinking properly.  Sometimes I type without thinking....I even speak without thinking sometimes....and then regret it later.  

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

August 17, 2013 5:10 pm  #15

Where are you finding all these betas to try?

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

August 17, 2013 5:36 pm  #16

The betas are on the Pond Friends fourm under "betas"
http://pondfriends.boards.net/

August 17, 2013 5:43 pm  #17

barregar wrote:

jkuci, I am really enjoying reading about the beta games that you have tried.  You must really be enjoying yourself trying all of them.  I am only going to pick a select few...those devs. that I really like.  I have to give my comments later because I tried 2 of them last night.

I am enjoying doing the betas.  They are longer than the usual demo and you can replay it if you want. 

Plus, and MOST importantly: it keeps me entertained and too busy to be swayed into buying something just because BFG has a good sale.

August 17, 2013 5:53 pm  #18

I did the beta for Cursery: The Crooked Man and The Crooked Cat CE  (Blue Tea Games)

I can say it will be a CE because there are collectibles and achievements. No SG available in the beta.  The graphics are, as usual, beautiful.  It will be a FROG.  There are lots of locations to explore.  Story is about the crooked man kidnapping women because his sweetheart died and he wants to find her again (or something like that). It seems the man can turn into a cat.  You know me, when it comes to BlueTea, I just love their graphics so I will buy the CE for sure.  The only negative thing I can say about it is the map...it opens up like a book and has pop-up pictures like those in Drawn series, can't use it to jump.

ETA:  there were lots and lots of puzzles, I think more puzzles than hidden object scenes, but they were not that difficult to solve.  

Last edited by barregar (August 17, 2013 5:55 pm)

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

August 17, 2013 5:53 pm  #19

Thanks.  I had actually registered over there so I think I'll see what's cooking. 

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

August 17, 2013 6:03 pm  #20

I did the beta for Royal Detective: Queen of Shadows CE (Elephant Games)

This will be a CE because there are achievements/collectibles - you have to collect 25 dragons.  The graphics are lovely.  I don't like the Hint, it is a skull and it takes 40 sec. to recharge, but if you click the hint there is a picture that comes up and the word Teleport....quite convenient. Puzzles are not very difficult.  I wasn't that impressed with the game so maybe I'll just get the SE.  I prefer The Crooked Man and the Crooked Cat. 

Board footera