Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 18, 2013 3:14 am  #661

Re: Finish your games challenge

I´m back on track
Yesterday I finished Apothecarium and 9 Clues: The Secret of Serpent Creek.
Apothecarium was good and I got all the achievements except the one who looked like a runner, but I liked 9 Clues more! It was both fun and give me some scary moments.
Now I started Left in the Dark: No One on Board (I think I´m in an Artifex Mundi roll because my next dessert game is going to be Nightmares from the Deep : The Siren´s Call CE)

I think I have to take a look at The Snow again, I haven´t played it for awhile...

September 18, 2013 6:36 am  #662

Anki...Good job on completing two games yesterday. 

Teeitup...Look on the bright side of not being a member anymore.  You'll spend less time researching your next game to get and more time playing the ones you already have.  I spent 2 hours yesterday reading reviews on a couple of games I was interested in.  I could have used that time playing instead.

Oscar...Thanks also for your input on the Awakenings CE bonus game.  I decided to go with the SE. The glassworks sounds like fun, but it seems similar to the Patchworkz game I already have.   I also have no idea why there are achievements for playing a chapter under 1 hour. I have seen this in other games too.   

i ♥ nirvana

September 18, 2013 6:43 am  #663

Another one completed for me Mystery Age: The Imperial Staff.  I bought it 4/17/2011  and now I can mark it off as complete.  Yay.

What next?  Maybe the second Mystery Age: The Dark Priests or maybe something more modern like today's Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink.

i ♥ nirvana

September 18, 2013 9:21 am  #664

I finished Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink Collector's Edition last night.  That makes 8 games finished this month.  I think I'll play Jane Austen's: Estate of Affairs next.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

September 18, 2013 9:23 pm  #665

ARRRGGGGHH!  I finished 1/2 of BEDTIME STORIES and now I can't get the 3rd chapter to work!  I uninstalled, reinstalled, tried system cursor -- nothing.  I'll try again tomorrow and then it's off to CS  They'll probably tell me to send a Dr. Felix .  rats.  I also started 100% HIDDEN OBJECTS.  I don't like that one either.  Darn thing is TIMED!! 

September 19, 2013 12:50 am  #666

Tirama- just played Chimera's and totally forgot about the jigsaw puzzles. DUH! I did all of them too! loved that part of the extras as I LOVE them. 

The dentist went well. It was just a cleaning. Now that I have been flossing more regularly, the cleaning went really fast and it didn't hurt half as much as usual. I felt like I deserved a gold star 

My thigh has been flared up all week so I haven't really had much time to play many games. Mainly been laying in bed and sleeping off pain meds but today has been much better. 

As for games... I dexed Detective Quest-Crystal Slipper SE. I was like 3/4th done and its so all over the place after the first chapter. It goes from cinderella to like 10 other fairy tales in one. It became really wonky and tedious. I could never figure out what to do next and I was just using the hint non stop to figure out where to go as nothing made sense. So I decided that it wasn't worth finishing. I Love elephant games but this one was just a beautiful disaster. The only other elephant game I don't like is the first Surface game. Its in my "try to replay" file with dark parables-the snow queen and some others. 

I, too have thought about giving BFG a rest until I catch up on some of these games but its one of the small pleasures I have right now and at this point, I just can't seem to let it go but I will say each sale, I seem to buy less and less. 

September 19, 2013 12:59 am  #667

Oh also, I play League of Mermaids on my iphone and I like it somewhat, haven't deleted it yet. It just bugs me that after awhile, its really, really hard to get 3 stars on the levels and you need the stars, at least in the iphone game to open a new chapter so then you have to play zen mode until you have 50. Some levels are like almost impossible. I have at least 2 stars on each level in the first chapter but the pearls that have crowns and webs confuse me. Are there any use to those? 

I checked and Imperial Quest isnt offered for mac, of course. 

I also have bedtime stories-the lost dreams so I hope I don't have those kind of issues while playing it. I got it as a DD because although I liked the story line, I wasn't impressed enough to pay full price. Hope the issue with the game gets resolved soon xx

September 19, 2013 9:19 am  #668

Hi, everybody!

I finished Fierce Tales Dog's Heart CE.  I liked the storyline a lot.  The Bonus Chapter was a prequel.  It isn't necessary at all and actually sort of confused things for me.  You couldn't access extras until after the game.  That really bothers me.  Not that any of the wallpapers were any good, but I do like to have one on while I am playing.  I didn't like the layout of the areas, quite a bit it seemed like I was moving in the wrong direction.  It had a jump map, that helped.  I would recommend the SE but the CE didn't have much else to it.  I feel llike I wasted a GCC where a PCC would have sufficed. 
   I closed my eyes, scrolled the GM slider up and down, and pressed the play button and waited to see what would come up.  I am now playing Inbetween Land, a HOPA where a floating island appeared above a city.  My friend from the orphanage has gone through a portal and is now up there in a coma.  I'm going to save her, and the poor people from the floating island.  Seems like a fairly decent SE, nothing special but it's alright.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

September 19, 2013 9:35 am  #669

Hey all. Haven't played much lately. I need to get back into it. I told myself that if I get 2 of my 5 articles I need to do today done by lunch time at 12:30pm then I would take a break and play a game for an hour. Not sure which one yet.

WendyDarling - Inbetween Land sounds interesting. I may demo that game at some point to maybe get with a PCC on BPM. I read some of the reviews and it sounds promising.

Has anyone played today's DD? Gourmania 2: Great Expectations? Sounds interesting but at the same time I'm not sure. It's from 2011 and some times those games give me issues.

September 19, 2013 9:38 am  #670

Oh, I was playing Treasure Seekers Visions of Gold and hating it, just doing one scene a day.  I had been wondering if I had played it before and I got to an incredibly junkpilish boathouse and was going to be going down the river after that.,  I had remembered going down the river in a Treasure Seekers and had told myself if that came up in this game that meant I had already played it, so I got to quit!!!!!!!

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

Board footera