Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 14, 2013 12:53 am  #601

Re: Finish your games challenge

And another reason to buy the SE!

September 14, 2013 9:19 am  #602

I'm so bad.    I haven't had time to play a single minute of a game today ... but I did find the time to investigate and buy 3 games in the ShinyLoot weekend sale **hangs head in shame** 

Castle Dracula
Trauma
Lost Chronicles of Zerzura

for a total of a tad over $8. 

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

September 14, 2013 10:26 am  #603

I finished Love Chronicles Salvation, the main game. Very ho hum.  Pretty drab compared to Nearwood. I can't even be bothered to play the bonus portion.  There were no bells and whistles. Thankfully I got it in a sale.  Not a game I'd recommend. I had to force my self to finish it.  Has anyone else played it?  It didn't even seem like it belonged to the series.

Last edited by oscar66 (September 14, 2013 10:28 am)

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

September 14, 2013 10:42 am  #604

I'm sorry oscar.  I have all 3 of those games.  I LOVED the first, not so much the 2nd.  Now it sounds like it will be a loooong time until I play te 3rd.

Well I guess today's BFG sale will teach me to turn up my nose at Wednesday's sale!  Deep, slow breath -- you don't need more games, you don't need more games, you don't......

September 14, 2013 10:56 am  #605

I really  enjoyed the first as well lily, and the second, not as much but still good. This one pffft.
I didn't indulge in the Wednesday sale, nor will I go for this one.  I have such a stockpile, and Green Moon is mocking me.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

September 14, 2013 11:38 am  #606

Yeah seriously, I should have gotten some at Wednesday's sale instead of waiting. Maybe we will get the BOGOF next weekend. Those tend to be the week before I get my new GCC, which is on the 27th or 28th, can't remember right now. So, it may be next weekend.

September 14, 2013 1:57 pm  #607

I finished  Nearwood.  I enjoyed the bonus,  but you won't miss it if you got the SE.  Not sorry I got the CE,  but don't see the point of the snoopsies.  They seemed to be everywhere,  but I never did find them all,  so never got their full story;  can't say I care all that much.  What  a wonderful game!  Now I'm spoiled for anything else.

Humor will glue your fragments into one whole.  ~Osho

September 14, 2013 2:51 pm  #608

Oh, sandhan, what a pity you didn't find all the Snoop Sees!  The book was really long (I think about 37 pages with great pictures on every page) and explained the history of the Snoop Sees and exactly what they were doing there and their role in the story.  I loved it and am glad I got to read it.  But you got one page every time you found 3 of them, so you could have read most of the book.  Didn't you read any of it? 

I also loved the bonus, which took me nearly 2 hours (but I dawdled with this game as the graphics were so wonderful). 

But no, you won't miss anything by getting the SE, just the fun of the collectibles (and I found some of them so cute - the ones that were dressed up -  and I loved that you never knew how many were in any scene - 1-4) and their story.  And yes, it does kind of spoil you for anything else. 

ETA:  I forgot to say - congratulations, sandhan!  Another game you can cross off your list! 

Last edited by stusue (September 14, 2013 2:56 pm)

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

September 14, 2013 3:56 pm  #609

sandhan & stusue -- I'm glad you both loved NEARWOOD!  Somr century I'll play it. 

September 14, 2013 6:32 pm  #610

Stusue,  Thanks for the encouragement  about the Snoop Sees;  That will give me an excuse to play it again and try harder to find them.  I did read a few pages of the book.  Mostly I forgot about them,  so probably just found the obvious ones.  Do the ones in the bonus start a new story?  I couldn't tell.
   I also finished    Mystic Legacy,  the Great Ring.  Vampires are always fun,  and I loved the humor in this one. Also lots of interesting puzzles.

Humor will glue your fragments into one whole.  ~Osho

Board footera