Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 11, 2013 8:35 am  #551

Re: Finish your games challenge

After spending $21.00 on the Eipix 1/2 off sale and blowing my budget, I can't take advantage of this sale.

i ♥ nirvana

September 11, 2013 9:42 am  #552

So sorry about the cellulitis teeitup.  Hope it gets resolved soon.

I saw the ad for the BFG sale.  65% off retail isn't good enough for me.  I'll pass on this one.

eta:  I just took another look at the BFG sale.  So non-members get the games for what we usually pay on a BOGOF.  And they can only buy one if they want to. This may attract new members but won't do much for members they already have.

Last edited by lilyr (September 11, 2013 9:50 am)

September 11, 2013 9:52 am  #553

Lilyr, the sale is 50% off member's price, isn't it?  CEs are $6.99 and SEs are $3.49.....isn't that like a BOGO sale but in a different way...bad thing is we have to pay cash upfront.  Have they ever sold less than 50% off members price before?

Tee, sorry to hear about your cellulitis.  I think you need to rest more...take care.

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

September 11, 2013 9:57 am  #554

I'm passing on the sale, too.  Still have 20 GCC.  Hope this sale doesn't mean no CE BOGO this weekend, because if so, my punch card plans are wrecked.

I started Hallowed Legends: Ship of Bones Collector's Edition and I'm somewhere in chapter 6.  So I should finished it tonight.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

September 11, 2013 10:44 am  #555

Yeah, it is basically a 50% off sale for members. So not too bad. Still not sure if I'm going to take part. Have to think about it.

September 11, 2013 1:42 pm  #556

Tirama,  I'd pass on the sale,  too,  if I had 20 ggc's! But  I only have 2,  & don't want to use them up.  All these sales are not supportng us addicts in our goal to finish games!

Tee,  celluliis can be serious.  Hope yours is finally resolved with treatment.

I finished  building the city in  Bird's Town,  and immediately deleted it before I could persuade myself to start yet again!  Not sure what I'll do about the withdrawal symptoms.

Humor will glue your fragments into one whole.  ~Osho

September 11, 2013 2:50 pm  #557

barregar -- You're right.  It is BOGOF for members.  I don't know if there are all that many CEs I want .  I've pretty well gotten most of the ones I want.  And I really am trying to finish my already purchased games.  That's not going especially well, though!

sandhan -- I feel your pain about the withdrawal.  I'd play a level or two just for the smiles I'd get!  It is definitely one happy game.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to EASY HOPAs I might try?  As i said MT: RAINCLIFF seemed too involved.  I liked LOST TALES because there wasn't a lot of running around.  I have the DARK PARABLES, EMPRESS OF THE DEEP, GRIM TALES, AWAKENING, ECHOES OF THE PAST series.

September 11, 2013 7:43 pm  #558

Lily- I seem to remember most of VAST games being somewhat easy especially some of their older ones compared to what is out now. Nightfall Mysteries collection are some of my favorites. Their blank canvas game wasn't too involved either. When I think easy, I think ERS. Their HAUNTED LEGENDS series was pretty good, have all but the latest one. & I browsed my purchase history for you...Resurrection-New Mexico SE, Robins Quest-A Legend Born, Skymist-lost spirits stones, Strange Cases Series, James Patterson Women's Murder Club Series. I remember most of these ones being somewhat easier than the rest of the games I have.

The Murder Club series was straight hidden objects for a few of their first games but Little Black Lies was a HOPA and the map directs you where to go.

The new mexico game was by far one of the easiest games I have ever played though.

However, the first HOPA I bought was Penny Dreadfuls-Sweeny Todd and I still play it from time to time. Its a musical! Its kind of weird but I always really liked it.  Don't get the CE because there is NO bonus play LOL

September 11, 2013 10:04 pm  #559

Thanks meg.  I've played SWEENEY TODD and ROBINS QUEST.  I'll try NIGHTFALL MYSTERIES and HAUNTED LEGENDS.  I've got those too.  I've got a couple of the PATTERSON games but haven't tried those as yet.

Thank you so much!

September 12, 2013 5:07 am  #560

Well,  I succumbed to temptation,  and bought  Campaign fot the Crown  for half price.  I'm glad BF finally decided to offer the complete Playrix game.  I think it'll be worth it just for the built-in walkthrough,  since they still don't have an untimed mode.  I also got  Magic Time,  a nice  M-3  with interesting features.  I'm still playing  Nearwood,  which seems to be quite long.

Humor will glue your fragments into one whole.  ~Osho

Board footera