Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 10, 2013 8:37 pm  #541

Re: Finish your games challenge

misscatlady - sounds like you got it and probably just need to stick with it a few more rounds. Just to warn you, as I mentioned in my review the final round is another where you have to put your competitors out of business and it goes on forever. The level goal is listed in the Reports tab right underneath Daily Results. There's so much info being listed, it's easy to miss.

barre - glad to help, hope it's useful

September 10, 2013 8:51 pm  #542

Thanks Jen - yeah I only had like two more rounds before it was over. Now I'm in a town where I have two competitors. I stopped just after starting it. Had to because the game froze on me and I had to use "CTRL-ALT-Delete" to get out of it. It showed I had a Error: Access Violation mesage. Not sure what that was about.

September 10, 2013 11:36 pm  #543

I finished LOST TALES: FORGOTTEN SOULS and likd it.  There wasn't a huge amount of running around because each "soul" was in its own area.  I thought I'd try another MYSTERY TRACKERS next.  I started RAINCLIFF but decided it had too much running around and I wasn't up for that.  So i went for my last SAMANTHA SWIFT.  The one about ATLANTIS.  I'm much happier with that right now.

I also replayed both the YARD SALE HIDDEN TREASURES games. The first came out in 2008 and the 2nd in 2009.  The DEVs actually listened and changed things.  I wasn't a fan of the crafting -- esp since it was very picky and you got bronze, silver or gold depending on how careful you were.  That's gone now.  You just get a silver circle with a gold checkmark when you finish a section of a craft.  The items you need to find in the HOs are sometimes very tiny.  There's a magnifier in the 2nd game.  I really enjoyed the loopy characters and hoped that there would be another but the DEVs (SlapDash) either went under or were bought out.

September 11, 2013 5:09 am  #544

For any Sims lovers, ShinyLoot has 2 on sale today only for $2 each (80% off) -

Hotel Giant
Nightclub Imperium

This week I've managed to finish Green Moon and Broken Sword 2, as well as play lots of demos. 

I also got Dear Esther for $2.49 and used 2 of my GH Premium/Platinum coupons to get a Premium bundle (Fishdom 2 Premium Edition and Farmscapes Premium Edition) as well as Cradle of Egypt Premium Edition.  I'm just tossing up whether to get Cradle of Rome 2 Premium Edition as well, or if it's too much like Cradle of Egypt to waste a coupon on.  Any ideas?

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

September 11, 2013 5:15 am  #545

I love all the  Cradle series.  If it's a deal,  I say go for it.

Humor will glue your fragments into one whole.  ~Osho

September 11, 2013 5:23 am  #546

Hi sandhan!  Yay, someone's finally here with me.    It sure is lonely in the morning. 

Thanks!  It's just that I've got all these coupons from GH that I can use for Premium and Platinum games and I've been going through them all, seeing if there are any I like that I don't already have.  But I just thought that CoR might to be to similar to CoE to get both.  So thanks for the advice! 

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

September 11, 2013 5:51 am  #547

Stusue,  I've never managed to finish  Cradle of Persia   because I keep running out of time.  So I love that the later versions have untimed options.  And the graphics are so gorgeous!  Now you're making me want to replay them.  It's been awhile,  but I think perhaps
Cradle of Rome  might be my favorite.

September 11, 2013 5:57 am  #548

Hey,  what do you guys think of today's sale?  In the middle of the week,  mind you!  BF is sure getting innovative,  finding ways to exract that last smidgen of cash from our poor,  depleted pockets!  Tempting,  though;  I would like to have the new  Royal Envoy CE,  and I only have 2 gcc's.

September 11, 2013 7:02 am  #549

Interesting sale. Though I don't know why they are announcing the sale as their biggest savings yet. Unless they mean for non members? I'm not sure if I'm going to get anything. So many other games I need to play.

September 11, 2013 8:08 am  #550

After finishing Green Moon, I decided to finish Botanica too.  Started in July I had finished the game but still had the Epilogue to do.  Funny how quickly you forget the game~ beautiful but not sure I would replay it-think I only got 11/21 of the collectibles.  Going to start Nearwood this aft.

Got another Beta ~ Midnight Mysteries: Witches of Abraham! When I tried to DL it, it said there was an Error in Download and got code 760.  On BFG, there were numerous codes and apparently, a lot of people are having trouble with the same thing.  They say to uninstall/reinstall and then some say they are having trouble getting the Game App to install so I am afraid to try it again as I have the old GM and don't want to lose it.  Guess I will find out the next time I try to buy something.  Speaking of which, I don't know why they said the sale was their Biggest Savings Yet.  Just like all the others for $6.99.  Going to pass since I don't want to spend any more cash.

Off to urgent care again ~ I have had cellulitis for 3 weeks now and this is second round of antibiotics and it's still hanging around.  Had it last summer after a fall and my lower leg/calf was so swollen, red and itchy, like I had a terrible sunburn. It's not as red this time but it is still there, so uncomfortable.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

Board footera