Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 9, 2013 10:44 am  #511

Re: Finish your games challenge

Tirama, have you tried Fairy Godmother Tycoon?  it might be something that you would enjoy.  It is a strategy game, with lovely graphics.  I haven't finished it yet, it takes some figuring out and my math is not that good.  I won't go into details because Jen has pretty much summed it all up.  I must take it out and try to finish it.

Jen, congrats on finishing the game.  I gave up halfway...I'm not very good at strategizing.   However, I am encouraged by your success, so I will bring the game out again and try it.  I shall persevere and not quit....hope I can do it this time.  

Last edited by barregar (September 9, 2013 10:45 am)

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

September 9, 2013 11:07 am  #512

Noelle - wow, you finished a lot of games!

jen379 - my Tiffany send healing thoughts to your kitty

barregar - I haven't tried Fairy Godmother Tycoon.  I'll give it a look as a possible for next Monday.

I just got Joining Hands and Joining Hands 2.  I have 2 more PCC's that must be used by Sept 20.  If we don't have a CE BOGO next weekend, figuring out how to fill my punch cards without having dangling puches is going to be a problem.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

September 9, 2013 11:08 am  #513

Did anyone try Magic Time?  did you like it?  I actually played until the demo timed out.  There are some things I don't like about it, like the hands of the clock that turn when you start a new board...why in the world would the devs. do it like that...it's silly and spoils it..I just close my eyes so I don't look at it...yet the game is a good one.  I might pick it up with a pcc.  Anyone like Lost in Reefs 2?  I am going shopping today with my pccs.

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

September 9, 2013 11:30 am  #514

I'm quite enjoying Fairy Godmother Tycoon. I'm still on the second town. It's quite hard to figure out how much to buy and what to sell it for. I keep running out of ingredients before the end of the day. I have to keep borrowing from the loan shark.

September 9, 2013 11:48 am  #515

Barre, I played Magic Time until the demo ran out.  I really loved it except for the size of the objects.  I got a headache from trying to work out which ones to match.  But the screen was squished vertically and I had huge black bars top and bottom and couldn't see a way to get rid of them other than changing my screen res (which I won't do for a single game).  Hence I'm going to try it on my laptop and see if it's different on that screen.  But I loved the way you had different things to do, like matching one particular thing when you got the box in the middle of the board.  It'll go on my To Fill a Punchcard list unless I change my mind when I try it on my laptop.

And are you going to get the SE or CE of Nearwood?  I'd recommend the CE, and I hardly ever do that.  You have 111 Snoop Sees to find and a book to read which tells you why they're there.  Some of them are very well hidden and you never know if there's only 1 or up to 4 in each scene.  The main game finishes conclusively and the bonus chapter takes place, I think, 2 months after the end of the main game and is another new adventure, which I loved just as much and it took me about 2 hours (with the caveat that the more I love a game the slower I play as I savour it and Nearwood is so gorgeous that I wanted to appreciate all the scenes - I also never used the Hint and never used the SG).  However, as I'm NOT an enabler, the SE will be fine as the story ends conclusively. 

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

September 9, 2013 12:33 pm  #516

I hope you like Fairy Godmother Tycoon when you play it misscatlady.

Oops...I see you've started it. Glad to hear you're enjoying it.

It is hard to know how much to buy (and where to set prices). I'd say don't hesitate to borrow from the loan shark if the forecast is for a busy day. You'll earn the most by selling as many potions as possible and then be able to pay him back. Just watch that it doesn't get too high.

My other piece of advice is to turn your research up pretty high. I think I was spending maybe 100 per day on it. The later potions are sold for more and you can jack your prices up if you're the only person selling them.

Feel free to ask me any questions or for advice if your stuck!

Last edited by jen379 (September 9, 2013 12:40 pm)

September 9, 2013 1:11 pm  #517

Jen379 - thanks for the advice. I'll have to borrow more then. I was trying to be conservative. But it seems like I can never have enough. So, I'll borrow more on hte next busy day and see what I can get that way. Yeah I haven't been doing too much in research. I'll have to do more I think.

As for Nearwood - I ended up getting the SE for it. I was thinking of getting the CE but then I was so disappointed by the Sea of Life CE that I decided to get the SE for Nearwood. Even though I don't think it was the same developer. If I like the SE then maybe i'll swing for the CE later on

September 9, 2013 1:32 pm  #518

Today I finished Rush for gold: Alaska.

Thanks to Jen, I bought The Snow at Legacy and got my first Punch on their card
and on BPM I bought Ashley Clark:Secret of the Ruby and Left in the Dark: No One on Board (using 99CENTS) and a Punch Card filled already! This early in the month and one punch dangling... I guess I have to fill at least one more depending on the sales

September 9, 2013 4:02 pm  #519

barre - I tried Magic Time a while back as a beta and can't remember all that much about it. I liked it mostly, but had a few problems with it (though I can't remember what they were). I think for me it's the kind of game I'll keep in mind if I need a 2nd game for a BOGO or have to use a pcc. I'll be interested to know what others think if they play through all of it.

I was considering going for the bogo for 99 cents sale today. Thanks misscatlady for the confirmation that waiting until Monday for the bonus punches still works. Instead I decided to use up a pcc that's going to expire soon, and picked up Fort Defense, which is the only new-ish game that's been a must buy for me. (Although, to be fair I've been doing very few demos lately.)

Anki - I just recently learned about Legacy games sales from someone on Pond Friends and I do really like how they have such good sale prices for very new games. I also love that the punches on their cards don't expire. I've been happy with buying from them so far.

September 9, 2013 4:50 pm  #520

I just finished  Sea of lies,  Mutiny of the Heart,   and I thought the ending was okay;  maybe I just have lower standards.  It's true that you need the CE for a proper resolution,  which isn't fair to SE buyers.

Humor will glue your fragments into one whole.  ~Osho

Board footera