Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 6, 2013 4:14 pm  #471

Re: Finish your games challenge

Has anyone played the DD - Escape from Thunder Island?  Opinions pls.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

September 6, 2013 6:34 pm  #472

oscar66 wrote:

I noticed it was the prequel to Rita James and the Race to Shangrila which I enjoyed.  Looked and I already have it so will move it up in my ones to play in the next few weeks.  Some liked it and some pooh poohed it so maybe try the demo first.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

September 6, 2013 6:42 pm  #473

misscatlady2453 wrote:

Wow. You guys are playing machines. I never seem to find enough time to play.

Don't feel bad misscatlady.  I'm in the same boat right now with stuff I have to do for my folks plus my other game forums.  I'm also a fairly slow player, I think, but sometimes I get in the mood and everything else takes a back seat.  At least, they are always there when we do have time.

I heard back from CS about the Nancy Drew game and apparently the old GM had a tweek made to it to help with activation issues and this time it worked.  I also got an update notice in my GM about Imperial Island and when I tried to update it said "error downloading" so just uninstalled and reinstalled from my Purchase History and it did fine. Don't know if it had the update but played a little last night and it was fun. Lots to do and I can see that it's going to be one of those where you want to play one more board.  I had trouble at first with the look of the tiles, kept confusing some of them so that will take some getting use to.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

September 6, 2013 6:52 pm  #474

I thought  Wild Hunt  looked really good.  Demons and monsters and ghosts don't scare me,  no siree!  As long as I don't have to go up high,  like on a ladder or chair or something.

Humor will glue your fragments into one whole.  ~Osho

September 6, 2013 9:07 pm  #475

oscar66 wrote:

I really liked this game.  It has the same crew as RITA JAMES & the SEARCH FOR SHANGRI LA.  Rita is asolutely clueless.  Her one-eyed monkey Marbles saves the day on many more than once occasion.  He always makes me laugh.  The graphics were good.  I needed to use thw WT but that's me, not the game.  For a DD price (or a PCC) it would be a buy for me.

September 6, 2013 10:11 pm  #476

I don't remember a lot about  Thunder Island,  but I remember that I liked it.  (Mind like a steel sieve.)  I seem to recall that the monkey comes up with all the solutions,  but never gets any credit.

Last edited by sandhan (September 6, 2013 10:12 pm)

Humor will glue your fragments into one whole.  ~Osho

September 6, 2013 10:49 pm  #477

Finished the main game of Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Masque of the Red Death Collector's Edition.  Will try to finish the bonus chapter before beginning Green Moon.

Much better game than Gold Bug. Has true widescreen and achievements, which are collected in your office.  Unlike most ERS Games, which appear to me to be front-loaded, this one has more to do in the last 2 chapters than it does in the beginning.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

September 7, 2013 5:11 am  #478

Ok I was playing Calavera-Day of the Dead SE and its good but the game I really wanted to play was Chimera's-tune of revenge CE but I chose Calavera because its taking up 1.64GB of space but anyways my heart just wasn't in it so tonight on a whim, I started Chimera's and OMG it totally sucked me in. I started it at 9:30pm and finished it at 2:30am. I can't even tell you the last time I played a game all the way through. Usually I get bored and have to take a break and then don't come back for days but this one was a 5 star 10/10, one of the best games I've played this year maybe. I even played the bonus chapter and all the puzzles in the extra gameplay pack after finishing. Half the time, I don't even bother with bonus games. Soooo had an awesome night because that game was so awesome. I recommend it like Id gift it to someone if I could afford it LOL 

Mac players just got Laruaville which Im really excited to try since you guys all like it and its by the cursed house people but lighthearted! I need a new match 3 game to play. Its between Azkend, cradle of egypt, enchanted cavern or fairies. I have way more than that but Im leaning towards Fairies. It was a DD recently and I've always wanted it although its totally old school. 

Last edited by megwoman25 (September 7, 2013 5:11 am)

September 7, 2013 5:21 am  #479

I feel you on ERS games. I was so over Gold Bug that I was afraid to buy the red masque especially since I felt like everything was so cluttered on the bottom. I I still have to play phantasmat 2 now that I think about it...

Mac players just got The Lake House-Children of Silence CE. Love how this was released for ipad and iphone before mac LOL I think I demoed this game back when I was dogsitting in february so seriously it took 7 months to release this for mac? how come some developers do it at the same time aka elephant games, eipix, vast, ers (they didn't used to), bfg, orneon but then playrix, alawar, and a bunch of others make us wait months and months and months. baffling.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend 

Last edited by megwoman25 (September 7, 2013 5:21 am)

September 7, 2013 6:21 am  #480

This weekend's sale is decent enough. Buy 1 SE and get one for 99 cents. Debating on if I want to use my only GCC to get two for 99 cents or if I want to save it in hopes that next weekend is a BOGO free sale.

Board footera