Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 12, 2013 1:14 pm  #1

Finish your games challenge

Okay, as I said over at BFG, I'm going to be starting Settlement: Colossus tonight.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

August 12, 2013 1:18 pm  #2

Re: Finish your games challenge

Sounds good TiramaSue. I think I'm going to start Mystery Trackers Silent Hollow tonight. Though I may demo Nightmare's From the Deep The Cursed Heart to get with the 50% off sale. We will see. If I do get it, it will fill up my current card.

August 12, 2013 1:54 pm  #3

And I am still plugging away at City of Fools, Final Cut Enore and farm 3 of Farmscapes.  Glad to know I will be able to pull the assistance for C of F.

Thanks for setting this up TiramaSue

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

August 12, 2013 2:52 pm  #4

Hi Tirama, I finally made it here 
Nice to see that others are here already.  Regarding Settlement Colossus, it is very task heavy and you have to keep collecting resources because you will need food and tools all the time.  I play this game as an inbetween game because it is relaxing and untimed.  There are lots of tasks so it is very interesting as your settlement grows.  I play my HOPAs which are more intensive, then switch to SC when I want to relax.  I just thought I would mention it in case you get tired or bored when you have to keep searching for resources and then might not like the game that much.  
It is of course your choice how you play your games.  Sorry for being a busybody.
Thanks for setting up this place where we can meet and chat.  It is very nice of you and most appreciated.  

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

August 12, 2013 2:56 pm  #5

If I get a game today for the 50% off, I may use my free game code to get City of Fools. With so many people playing it, I'm quite interested now.

August 12, 2013 3:10 pm  #6

Miss, CoF's is fun and if you need any help we can help you along.

Trying to figure out what is the difference between a forum and a message board

August 12, 2013 3:22 pm  #7

Govols2 - Boardhost limits the amount of posts a message board will retain.  With their forums, the amount of posts retained is unlimited.

Also, I'm not sure how well a message board handles long threads of 50+ posts, whereas a forum will just create more pages for the thread.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

August 12, 2013 3:27 pm  #8

So if I understand correctly, we should just keep having new discussions and not just limit all the discussions in one thread, am I right?  I have been to a cross stitch message board but I don't know if they limit long threads to a certain number of posts, but I know we can start new discussions any time we want, so maybe that's what we do here, or what?  
Hi Gov, nice to see you here....whoa, colorful picture. I must try doing that.

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

August 12, 2013 3:46 pm  #9

barregar - I'm not too fussy about how things are done.  I certainly don't expect people to make separate threads for health info and other personal events that we've included in our thread in the past.  But I won't object if they do.

We may want to consider starting new threads for group plays because it would make it easier for anybody playing to find specific information and help.

August 12, 2013 4:37 pm  #10

Sounds good to me. Have to do a bit more work for the night before I can stop and maybe get some play time in.

Board footera