Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 7, 2015 1:08 pm  #31

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2015

Grim Facade Wealth of Betrayal. I thought this was an awful game, I dragged myself to the end, which I said I wasn't going to do this year, but no way was I even going to bother with the bonus.  It was so all over the map and didn't seem logically at all. Just an ugh game for me.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

January 7, 2015 3:21 pm  #32

oscar66 wrote:

Grim Facade Wealth of Betrayal. I thought this was an awful game, I dragged myself to the end, which I said I wasn't going to do this year, but no way was I even going to bother with the bonus. It was so all over the map and didn't seem logically at all. Just an ugh game for me.

I quit that series after the third one  Grim Facade: Cost of Jealousy.  Even with the bonus chapter, there were too many unexpalined things in the story.   ERS has really fallen from grace with people.  I can remember when just about every BF Customer Favorite was an ERS game.  Not any more.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

January 8, 2015 5:04 pm  #33

I'm done with it as well.

I started Dead Reckoning, Silvermoon Isle.  now this one is enjoyable.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

January 9, 2015 12:29 am  #34

I won the Ce of Dead Reckoning in a contest over the summer.  I'm done with several of the Grims.  I have the one with the trial cause it got rave reviews, hope I like it.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

January 10, 2015 9:42 am  #35

Sunshine, did anyone send you a PCC?  I got sent one from plushmoon but she didn't say when the exp. was, guess I better use it today.  I'm going to have more than another card but not enough to bother filling out another one, just a dangling punch or two.   I think most people don't realize they can give them away or trade them.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

January 10, 2015 1:42 pm  #36

I think I mentioned before I was not a fan of Phantasmat nor Crucible Peak which I played. But this new one looks amazing.  Am I wrong in saying Eipix was not the developer on the first two? 

Dead Reckoning Silver Moon-I have finished the main game and was thrilled in the credits when they mentioned it was to be a new series. I'm really like the 20s film noire feel to it.  I do really like the Art Deco period as well.  The game had a great story, loved the play and feel of the game.  Plus of course all the little touches that Eipix throws in.  One aspect I wasn't fond of only happened a couple of times with a magnifier of sorts moving over the screen to find clues.  It felt awkward. I liked the aspect of interviewing your suspects and the evidence board, which I think they could have made a little more interactive.  Maybe next time. Two thumbs up from me.  The bonus section which I am just doing is after your murder is caught but relates to something he did earlier on, but unnecessary to solve the crime, so if you don't want the CE, the SE is complete.

Last edited by oscar66 (January 10, 2015 1:43 pm)

January 10, 2015 2:17 pm  #37

oscar66 wrote:

I think I mentioned before I was not a fan of Phantasmat nor Crucible Peak which I played. But this new one looks amazing. Am I wrong in saying Eipix was not the developer on the first two?

The first one was done by Codeminion.    I liked that one.  The second one was by ERS.  Didn't like that one at all.  That Eipex was given a shot at the 3rd one, after doing such a good job continuing the Hidden Expedition series, and ERS was dropped is another indication how ERS has fallen, IMO.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

January 10, 2015 2:56 pm  #38

Thx for the info.  It really looks amazing. Considering my recent runof blah games, pre DR, I'm going to have to start demoing more.

January 10, 2015 6:13 pm  #39

Dead Reckoning - I'm done.  The bonus was fun.  A couple of little tetchy controls.  I couldn't get 100% in one HO despite clicking, two items would just never pick up, if it wasn't one it was the other.  No sweet spot.  Some were very finicky with just the right spot.  And they do need more proof reading.  But I can forgive spelling mistakes no problem. But they did have english speaking people involved int his game.

Last edited by oscar66 (January 10, 2015 6:14 pm)

January 11, 2015 5:59 am  #40

I finished Danse Macabre: Moulin Rouge SE.  The ending tells you who is the culprit, but not the why.   I wonder if the why is explained in the bonus part.

stusue...Try looking for Danse Macabre: Crimson Cabaret instead of Moulin Rouge name.  It is the same game and that one can be bought.   I thought Eipix might have gotten in trouble using the Moulin Rouge name and was made to do a name change.

I d/l the new Phantasmat game.  Looks like it will be a good one.  I have to stop trying to compare it to the first one.  That's not fair to Eipix that I totally love Codeminion's version.  I even have the Drowned Dead Hotel wallpaper up on my computer.

Wendy...I also received a pcc from plushmoon.  It was very sweet of him/her.  It also didn't have a date which it could be used by. 

Last edited by sunshinej (January 11, 2015 6:02 am)

i ♥ nirvana

Board footera