Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 28, 2015 12:38 pm  #1251

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2015

oscar66 wrote:

Tossed in the towel with Christmas Stories Scrooge.  I just couldn't get into it to replay. So I started Danse Macabre Thin Ice which I'm enjoying.  I think I needed something new that I hadn't played before.  I'm looking forward to The Last Dream.

I may have to try headphones I tend to hear the dogs and the humidifier running while I'm playing

You have so few unplayed games that you're replaying old ones????   
That's just a dream for me, and one I doubt I'll ever realise.   
I hope The Last Dream lives up to your expectations.   

The main reason I play with headphones (bluetooth ones so that I can walk around the house and keep listening) is that the sound is SO much better ... HUGELY better! ... with a full, rich sound with heaps of base.  Nothing like the tinny sound that comes out of computer speakers.  Fortunately, hardly anyone ever comes to the door or rings me...

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

December 28, 2015 12:58 pm  #1252

In case anyone who's interested hasn't noticed the sale that's on until 8 January - I only found it on the Home page not on the PC Games page or on the GM - here's the blurb:

We're happy to present you with the Big Fish Games' Customer Favorites Awards for 2015! Now, you can get any of the standard version winners for only $4.99 for a limited time! Just use the coupon code below during checkout for any eligible standard version game. Coupon code will not work for Collector's Edition titles.

COUPON CODE: WINNER

You can apply your coupon code in the shopping cart during checkout. Be sure to use this coupon code before it expires Friday, January 8th at 11:59pm PST. This discount is available for all eligible PC titles and Mac versions if one exists. Coupon code will not work for Collector’s Editions.

I only get SEs using PCCs so I won't be getting anything in this sale.  But, speaking of which ... now I have to choose 2 SEs to finish a punch card today while there are bonus punches!  I'd almost forgotten!

December 28, 2015 1:56 pm  #1253

When the guy in Last Dream ended up in front of a building he said "I stayed in a hotel like this once."  I stopped playing then and there to find out if SpecialBit did Haunted Hotel.  Gave me a good chuckle, lol.  I've liked all their games that I've played, which is most of them.
I can't believe I was so stupid, I should have gotten headphones instead of speakers, didn't even think of it.  Then I could play without bothering hubby.
I'm debating between Phantasmat and the newest Haunted Legends for my CE.  Phantsmat sounds like the better story but H.L. has alternate endings and everyone seemed happy with the CE bling.  I would get Phantasmat in SE form but I don't think I would get the SE of HL.  So I can't decide which to get.  Like it really matters in life

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

December 28, 2015 4:48 pm  #1254

stusue -- I'm in the same boat.  I don't think I'll ever play all the games I've bought.   And thanks for mentioning that today is a bonus punch day!  I desperately needed one so I wouldn't come out with an uneven punch card.  I was even thinking I might have to BUY an SE! (like you, I usually only get them with PCCs).

ETA:  I just went to BFG Homepage and I don't see anything about bonus punches.  Not in my GM either.  Where did you see it?  And I don't see the sale that goes until January 8.  I am signed in.

Last edited by lilyr (December 28, 2015 4:57 pm)

December 28, 2015 5:28 pm  #1255

lilyr wrote:

stusue -- I'm in the same boat.  I don't think I'll ever play all the games I've bought.   And thanks for mentioning that today is a bonus punch day!  I desperately needed one so I wouldn't come out with an uneven punch card.  I was even thinking I might have to BUY an SE! (like you, I usually only get them with PCCs).

ETA:  I just went to BFG Homepage and I don't see anything about bonus punches.  Not in my GM either.  Where did you see it?  And I don't see the sale that goes until January 8.  I am signed in.

You have to go to the homepage.  Those promos appear in that big box at the top.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

December 28, 2015 5:44 pm  #1256

TiramaSue wrote:

lilyr wrote:

You have to go to the homepage.  Those promos appear in that big box at the top.

Lily, Tirama's right.  Just make sure you're on the BFG Homepage, not the PC Game Homepage (the big BFG logo top left of the PC Game Homepage takes you to the BFG Homepage).  At the top of that page there's a big banner that cycles through 5 different things - the 3rd dot is the sale, the 4th dot is the Bonus Punch Monday info.

I still can't decide on my last game to fill a card and it's driving me crazy!

But BUYING an SE ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Thank heavens it hasn't come to that !!!!

December 28, 2015 6:49 pm  #1257

Thank you, stusue, for spelling out where the BFG Homepage is.  I was on the PC Homepage.   Yes.  The very idea of actually BUYING an SE!  I haven't stooped that low yet! 

December 28, 2015 9:01 pm  #1258

I've only ever replayed Xmas and Halloween games.  Plus Gizmos.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

December 29, 2015 8:51 am  #1259

oscar66 wrote:

I've only ever replayed Xmas and Halloween games. Plus Gizmos.

Me, too, pretty much.
I think I'll end up buying Laruaville 4.  It's challenging with the short timer, and it has a calendar with the month of December, as you advance it flips pages, so next year I'll play each day on that day.
The new Far Kingdoms Solitaire sounds good but GH usually gets those so I'll wait on it to play for free.  Is there anyplace in GH that has a list of all their games, like BFG's Find Your Game Forum?  They have the search box, but I'd like an actual list.  And loading the "New Games" thing over and over takes forever.  I did notice they have several Haunted Halls.  I have the first one and that's it, never bought another one, isn't that weird?  GH has Fears from Childhood PE and Revenge of Dr. Blackmore SE. along with the original, so I'll be playing those.  They have the PE of Stray Souls Dollhouse Story, it's been so long since I played the SE that I'd like to play the PE, and then I have the second one, Stolen Memories, to play after that.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

December 29, 2015 12:11 pm  #1260

WendyDarling wrote:

The new Far Kingdoms Solitaire sounds good but GH usually gets those so I'll wait on it to play for free.  Is there anyplace in GH that has a list of all their games, like BFG's Find Your Game Forum?  They have the search box, but I'd like an actual list.  And loading the "New Games" thing over and over takes forever.    

Wendy, I'm just about to post a demo review for The Far Kingdoms: Sacred Grove Solitaire in my Demo Reviews thread.  I loved it!  Lazy Turtle Games certainly show how a golf solitaire game can be made with very high quality and superb HD graphics.  And, as I have The Far Kingdoms Super Pack with the first 4 games from GH, I'll be waiting, like you, to get this 5th game in the series there.  I also like the way the series isn't just golf solitaire but other genres, as well.  It started with a HOPA (which I loved), which was followed with a HOPA/M3 mix, then the last 2, as well as the latest one, are all golf solitaires, but this one has some jigsaw puzzles as well.  This last one can be played as a standalone game, as can they all, but if you want the complete story you should play them all in order as it's a continuing series.

As for a list of games at GH, if you click (or hover your cursor over) PC Games in the Games tab, you'll see all the options for how to list all the games.  You have so many options to choose from and, once you've chosen whichever category you want - including Top 10 Games, Platinum Games, by Series, by Genre, etc. - you can then choose how you want the games listed - by release date, popularity, alphabetically, etc.  Also, if you go to any game, click on the More Info arrow, down the bottom left of the screen you'll find the developer/publisher.  Click on that and you will get a list of all games released by that developer/publisher.  You can then order those games any way you want.  So there are heaps of options to find games.  And I find it really great that you can get a list of developer/publisher games, which is something that's very hard to find over at BFG.

Board footera