Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 22, 2015 9:22 pm  #1241

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2015

I've got a bunch of the MCF games to play.  I never bought Shadow Lake, and haven't been able to find out whether it's needed for understanding the entire Ravenhearst story arc, though personally I thought the first Ravenhearst ended fine and in the second one, things got way too weird, in the third one things were weird and gross.

In January, my goal will be to play the 4 Mystery Tracker games I have sitting around gathering cyber dust.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

December 25, 2015 4:43 pm  #1242

Merry Christmas, fellow fishies!  

I hope you all had a great day however you celebrated the holiday.  

I played the main game of Puss in Boots.  

And have nearly finished Rainbow Mosaics: Christmas Lights.  

But I don't know what happened to my beautifully decorated Christmas tree!  

Reviews tomorrow when I've played the bonus chapter in Puss in Boots ...  

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

December 25, 2015 8:03 pm  #1243

Merry Christmas, Everyone.
I'm working on The Tin Soldier, liking it the least of the first three games.  Christmas Carol is my favorite.  I'm decorating in Christmas Puzzle 2, but you only get 20-50 coins per board and need at least 200 to buy anything at the point I'm at, so I don't know how decorated I will get.  I upgraded the desktop to win10, all of a sudden today it was asking me if I wanted to upgrade and it did it with no problems.  So far I like what I'm seeing better than win8, win10 seems like it incorporated the best features of a smartphone/tablet.  Most of my games are on the laptop, which is also 8.1 (thought it was 7), so I think I'll wait awhile to decide if I want to upgrade it, everything has been running fine on it. 

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

December 26, 2015 4:57 pm  #1244

Just tried an M3 called Puzzle Park.  I would have bought it except for a couple things.  You can't slide the tiles, you have to click.  I didn't think that mattered to me, but I guess I've been doing a lot of the slide ones lately cause it's really bothering me to click.  The other thing I don't like is the timer.  This one counts up and you get points based on how quickly you finish.  I like a timer but I don't like to be in an insane rush in an M3.  I don't really like my scores in a game to be based on how fast I do it, because I want to enjoy playing.

December 27, 2015 12:24 am  #1245

Now I'm playing Laruaville 4, with a Christmas theme, with Funpass.  Lord, is this a hard M3 in timed mode!!!  I had to replay the first and the second board!!!  Heck, I probably had to replay all of them, that's how hard it is. 
I cancelled GameHouse in mid October when it ran out but I still got a game credit in late October, which I used.  Since then they've given me 3 more credits, two of them seem to be from the old Funpass and one of them seems to be from the new Funpass.  I suppose I really should write in to tell them about it, I wrote in when I wasn't getting them, but their customer service is hit and miss, mainly miss.  They probably won't even know what I"m talking about, and it will probably correct itself next month.  And even getting the extra games to own, you can play them for free, anyway, so no big whoop.

December 27, 2015 10:15 pm  #1246

I started The Last Dream from GH.  It's irritating because my cursor is a bit slow/floaty.  I tried using the system cursor but I had a hard time noticing the cursor indications.  It uses progressive FROGs for the HO scenes.

December 28, 2015 11:27 am  #1247

WendyDarling wrote:

I started The Last Dream from GH.  It's irritating because my cursor is a bit slow/floaty.  I tried using the system cursor but I had a hard time noticing the cursor indications.  It uses progressive FROGs for the HO scenes.

Hey, Wendy, I just finished the main game of The Last Dream PE!   

And now I'm totally drained!   

Now this is a game that requires thought ... a lot of thought!   

For one puzzle I had to look up a walkthrough on YouTube...   

... only to be made to feel really stupid!   

And I made copious use of the Hint button, which is something I NEVER do!   

It took me nearly 5 hours, including maybe 30 mins for that puzzle...   

... but then time should be added for all the times I used the Hint button.   

And I never, NEVER expected the twist at the end!!!!!!!!   

What a fantastic game!  Highly recommended!   

Review maybe tomorrow with the others ...   

But I gotta play the bonus chapter first ...   

... although I can't imagine what it can be about as the MG finished conclusively...   

ETA:  I forgot to mention what other games this developer has released (in chronological order):

01/09    Haunted Hotel
01/09    Haunted Hotel II: Believe the Lies

03/10    Island: The Lost Medallion
08/10    Haunted Hotel: Lonely Dream
08/11    Sonya CE
06/12    Haunted Hotel: Charles Dexter Ward CE
08/12    Inbetween Land

Wow, Specialbit Studios' last game was way back in August 2012!  That must have been when they handed over Haunted Hotel to another developer ... Elephant?  Eipix?  I wonder what they've been doing in the meantime...

One of the developers added in the post with the list of their games:

"Personally I would recommend you either Haunted Hotel: Charles Dexter Ward Collector's Edition or Sonya Collector's Edition. Other games are quite old now."

Yep, all prior to August 2011.   

Last edited by stusue (December 28, 2015 12:19 pm)

December 28, 2015 11:34 am  #1248

I've also finished Puss in Boots  ...  SO not worth the CE!   

What a rip off the Souvenir Room is!!!!   

But I've also finished Rainbow Mosaics: Christmas Lights, which was lots of fun!   

And they've even changed things a bit ... and my Christmas tree showed its face again!   

And I've almost ... almost! ... finished Solitaire Christmas Match 2 Cards.   

Fun but nothing different or special about it.   

If you've played one, you've played them all.   

December 28, 2015 11:44 am  #1249

Methinks now it's time for some dinner while I watch qualification for the 4 Hill Ski Jumping Tournament before I tackle the bonus game in The Last Dream PE.

That's me playing games because, after having to use headphones at Mum's place to play games or watch TV or listen to music, I'll never again play a HOPA or listen to my fav music without them.  Playing a HOPA with headphones makes a huge difference as the sound is doubly good, especially the music, and you get really immersed in the game, not being able to hear anything else.  I'm actually listening to the music from Rite of Passage: Lost Tides CE whilst posting here.  I love it!

Some of these games have the most amazing music!

December 28, 2015 12:19 pm  #1250

Tossed in the towel with Christmas Stories Scrooge.  I just couldn't get into it to replay. So I started Danse Macabre Thin Ice which I'm enjoying.  I think I needed something new that I hadn't played before.  I'm looking forward to The Last Dream.

I may have to try headphones I tend to hear the dogs and the humidifier running while I'm playing

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

Board footera