Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 20, 2015 11:37 am  #1231

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2015

Oscar, that's just weird.  

But if they were trying to tell you that you have too many games, then I'm sure they should be telling me that as well!

Maybe it's just that they have something against Canadians, whereas they just love Aussies?

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

December 20, 2015 11:52 am  #1232

sunshinej wrote:

There was a soft release that came out last week that might be worth checking out.  The Last Dream...I did the demo and liked what I played.  Good one for using up a pcc.

Sunshine, I liked it, too!  

I posted a few days ago that I'm going to get the PE from GameHouse as, not only does it have the achievements and collectibles that the BFG SE has, it also has a bonus chapter, replayable MGs and HOPs, as well as all the usual CE extras.

One thing that I can't remember ever coming across before ... there are 4 difficulty modes - but no custom - and they aren't named - each dreamcatcher is just a different colour - but the only things that are taken into account for each of the 4 modes are:  how quickly the hint and skip recharge (or none at all in the toughest mode); whether or not you have a tutorial; and whether or not the zoom zones close automatically!  Now that's original.

December 20, 2015 12:26 pm  #1233

An update on my CEs for anyone who's interested ...  

I said that I hadn't as yet demoed Immortal Love: Letter From the Past CE, whereas I've already got it.  I'd just forgotten to update my purchase list.

I have, however, demoed Spirit of Revenge: Gem Fury CE today.  It got mostly bad reviews but I really liked it.  The only problem is that the Extras are chained up until you've finished the entire game so there's no way to know what they are.  Actually, I just found what I assume are the extras when I opened the SG but it's not very exciting:  just the Vendel Games team shown as character drawings, wallpapers and concept art (but no idea how many), music that you can't download, and the SG.

The blurb does say, however, that you "Uncover the mystery behind the missing children, the miners, and the supernatural in the bonus game", which sounds interesting, and that you "Collect trinkets to unlock bonus mini-games and play challenging bonus HOPs", which also sounds intriguing. 

Unfortunately, no one, not a single person who's finished the game and really liked it, has made a single comment about either the bonus chapter or the extras, which is a tad annoying.  And I can't find any other site with any reviews.  So it would be a risk to get it as a CE, but I have 3 free CE coupons to use tomorrow so I think I'll use one for this game as it's either this one or Ominous Objects: Trail of Time CE, which I found boring, whereas this game was fun and the type of game I like to play.

But one real negative is that, even though there are apparently achievements and you collect toys for each of the children, there's nowhere that lists the achievements and nowhere to see your collection, which is really odd, as you can't find out if you've collected all the toys or earned all the achievements.  And, if you can't find the kids' boxes once you've finished the game, you can't play the 4 extra MGs/HOPs, as you play them from there (there's a pull-down menu to see the boxes when you're playing). 

ETA:   I forgot to say that there are morphing objects in this game - 1 per scene - and they're not all that easy to spot.  You also have to wait until they've morphed to click on them.  And, according to one review, the cursor doesn't change to a hand when it moves over one (I play using touch so I can't attest to that).  Apparently, the morphs give you extra hints but I tried using a hint and didn't lose one, so it may only count if you want to use a hint before it's recharged.

(NB: this isn't cold, this is a smiley face in the process of morphing)

Last edited by stusue (December 20, 2015 12:47 pm)

December 20, 2015 12:41 pm  #1234

I also demoed Ominous Object: Trail of Time CE today.  

There was a MG that didn't work and I had to skip it as you can't continue without completing it.  It's a MG where you simply have to switch keys around so that they're all on the correct hooks that have their outlines.  Sounds simple, right?  However, there was a door that moved from right to left and vice versa when you clicked on it.  But you couldn't move a key from one side to the other!  I eventually figured out that you might be able to do it if you use the one hook in the middle that showed up on both sides to swap keys around, but I'd already put the correct key there and couldn't move it again.  There's also no reset button and backing out and going in again didn't reset it.  And, as I was bored playing the game, I had no desire to restart the game under a different profile to see if it worked that way.  Looking at the SG, there was no door so, according to it, all you had to do was swap the keys around.  I couldn't find a way to get rid of the door and nothing was said in the SG to show that it should have been removed.

So, apart from that one really annoying MG, these are the things I jotted down once I'd stopped playing:

-    not very exciting
    -    extras not worth the CE
            -   a boring developer's diary
            -   only 6 levels of a Dot Game (?)
            -   collectible snowflakes found in zoom scenes  (in-your-face obvious!)
            -   the snowflakes are only used to "upgrade" some animals - boring
            -   and the usual CE bling
    -    My Recommendation  -  SE with a PCC and only if you need to fill a punchcard
    -    but not very exciting and I didn't particularly want to continue playing

December 20, 2015 12:52 pm  #1235

Does anyone need 2 PCCs tomorrow?  

I've got 3 CE coupons that I'll be using tomorrow, which will fill 2 punch cards (assuming tomorrow is a BPM) and I have 2 PCCs that I have to use this month.  But I don't want to start a new punch card with 2 PCCs and there aren't 6 SEs I want to get to fill a card.

So I was just wondering ... does anyone need 2 PCCs tomorrow and want to swap?

I've got 2 more that will need to be used the first Monday in January (if there's a BPM) if anyone wants to swap 2 more?

So I've got 4 PCCs up for swap for anyone who needs some to fill a card!

Last edited by stusue (December 20, 2015 12:56 pm)

December 20, 2015 1:29 pm  #1236

I'm getting 2 CEs Monday if it's BPM, otherwise I have a few days to stall to use my 2 CE coupons.  I have 3 PCCs, 2 of them expiring 1/1/16 so I'll be using them also if it's BPM; the other PCC expiring 1/14th or early 15th.  I have 2 punches already so my card should even out.  I'll need to look for 2 CEs and 2 SEs.  I'll have to go consider my options, lol.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

December 21, 2015 3:09 pm  #1237

I rejoined and bought Final Cut: Fade to Black CE, I have all the others as SEs but I figured since it's the last one I should get the CE.
I also got Nightfall Mysteries: Haunted by the Past SE.  I was going to play the second in the series last month but it referenced the first game so I decided I wanted to replay that one first, now I can do all three.
For my other CE I'm leaning towards Phantasmat, but also thinking about Ravenhurst Unlocked since it's the series' end, or is it?  I had been thinking Haunted Hotel The X but the SE is out now, so I might just get that.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

December 22, 2015 1:55 pm  #1238

FYI, the code  HAPPY  still works!  

It might work right up until after the New Year!  

Cool if I like both CEs this week and we have a BPM  

Especially as with my one remaining CE coupon I'll have 2 full cards!  

December 22, 2015 2:34 pm  #1239

I bought 8 CE's yesterday using the HAPPY code and also got some SE's using pcc's.

Here's what I got:

Christmas Stories: Puss in Boots Collector's Edition
Phantasmat: Behind the Mask Collector's Edition
Final Cut: Fade to Black Collector's Edition
Dark Parables: Goldilocks and the Fallen Star Collector's Edition
Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst Unlocked Collector's Edition
European Mystery: Flowers of Death Collector's Edition
Dark Dimensions: Somber Song Collector's Edition
Dark Dimensions: Homecoming Collector's Edition
Laruaville 4
Thanksgiving Day Griddlers
Alice's Patchwork
Christmas Mosaic Puzzle

Good idea about using code again next Monday if there are bonus punches to be had and some good CE's come out Thursday and Sunday.  And there's still some SE's I'd like to get, including the one that's TGT Mystery Mosaics.

As for playing games, I've finished the first 10 levels of Frozen Patchworks and just started chapter 2 of Christmas Stories: Hans Christian Andersen's Tin Soldier Collector's Edition.

Still working on the Christmas events in ART and MC.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

December 22, 2015 8:11 pm  #1240

I ended up with:
Final Cut Fade to Black CE 
Eventide Slavic Fable CE 
The Last Dream 
Hidden Object Crosswords
Sacred Almanac Traces of Greed
The last three with PCCs and I filled up my second card.

I finished or as finished as I could get it Myths of the World Spirit Wolf and I liked it.  The extras were glitchy and there was one puzzle in the bonus that it wouldn't accept the second stage.  Although it was correct so I had to skip it. Calling it done and moving on. It's one of the oldie list.

I think I will start Christmas Stories A Christmas Carol tonight.

In January I'm thinking of starting the Ravenhearst saga from the beginning.  Maybe one every couple of weeks until I get them all played.  I need a refresher on the story. 

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

Board footera