Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 19, 2015 10:13 am  #1221

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2015

Will do Stusue.

Well I guess that sale went down the pan.  It is a 50% off retail sale, automatically fills in so I'm not sure whether it will be working Monday, but no matter as I won't be using it.  I did try the "happy" just to see and it doesn't work.  Guess they changed their minds.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

December 19, 2015 10:34 am  #1222

Looks like we're getting the same sale this year as we got last year the weekend before Christmas.  Maybe that Happy code is for the Christmas Eve and/or Christmas Day sale.

Just checked the archives.  Last year, had a CE BOGO on Christmas Eve; CE's were 6.99 on New Year's Eve; and there was a BOGO on New Year's Day.  None of those dates work for bonus punches, however.

Last edited by TiramaSue (December 19, 2015 10:40 am)

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

December 19, 2015 11:13 am  #1223

Hey, everyone, the  HAPPY  code does work!  

You just have to add 2 CEs, delete the
  STAY  code, then add the  HAPPY  code, and you have a BOGOF!

I won't be using it, though, as there's only 1, possibly 2, CEs that I want to get and I have coupons that expire just after Christmas, so I'll probably use those on Monday, assuming there's a BPM.

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

December 19, 2015 6:16 pm  #1224

I finished all of the Christmas Story games.  Just did the main games only except for Puss in Boots to save time. 
I would rank them in this order, based on how fun it was to play, puzzles and Christmas atmosphere, my opinion only, of course.

1.  Tin Soldier --- High marks on all 3 
2. Christmas Carol --- Good game, enjoyable, some puzzles were tedious to do. 
3. Puss in Boots  Cute game, Christmas music was skimpy in this one - Wasn't as Christmasy as # 1 & 2
4. Nutcracker ---The least Christmasy, at least in the second half, tons of back & forth.  

Going to go and listen to my Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker CD now while I do up the dishes. 

i ♥ nirvana

December 19, 2015 9:34 pm  #1225

stusue -- I don't know where you got the HAPPY code.  The only ones I see anywhere are STAY & WARM. Since I have a coupon for a CE game I think I'll wait until Christmas and see if BFG has a real BOGOF.  Or a BPM. 

December 19, 2015 11:19 pm  #1226

I'll try it again on Monday but for now it's not accepting it from me thru the GM or direct on the site.

No biggie though, I can wait. I should wait until next year.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

December 19, 2015 11:21 pm  #1227

oscar -- I wonder if it's on the German website.

December 20, 2015 7:12 am  #1228

lilyr wrote:

oscar -- I wonder if it's on the German website.

Nope, Lily, I found it on the RetailMeNot coupon site.  

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/bigfishgames.com?c=7501403

I think it's the New Year's sale code.

24 people used it yesterday from that site with a 100% success rate, just like me (although I didn't get any games).

Oscar, I have no idea why it won't work for you.  I just tried it again and it worked fine - 2 game credits for the first CE, $0.00 for the second.  Did you have 2 CEs in your shopping trolley and remember to remove the  STAY  code before putting in the  HAPPY  code?  Actually, when I just tried it through the BFG site, the STAY code wasn't put in automatically.  I just had to add the HAPPY code.  But when I tried through the GM, the STAY code was there but when I tried to add a second CE the first one had disappeared.

So, what I did:

1.   Went to the BFG US site.
2.   Added 2 CEs to the shopping trolley.
3.   (Removed the STAY code - didn't have to today.)
4.   Added the HAPPY code and hit Apply.
5.   Had 2 game credits for the first CE, $0.00 for the second, $0.00 total.

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

December 20, 2015 8:10 am  #1229

Happy code worked for me, but I didn't go through with it since I have no credits and it would cost me 13.98 for 2 games.

There was a soft release that came out last week that might be worth checking out.  The Last Dream...I did the demo and liked what I played.  Good one for using up a pcc.

Last edited by sunshinej (December 20, 2015 8:13 am)

i ♥ nirvana

December 20, 2015 9:30 am  #1230

Stusue - yup that's how I did it.   Lol maybe someone's trying  to tell me I have too many games!

Hello Sunshine! Long time no see.

Board footera