Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 1, 2015 12:02 am  #1

Finish your games challenge - 2015

Happy New Year.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

January 1, 2015 1:09 am  #2

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2015

.........................................Happy New Year.
 The bottle of champagne that we didn't open last New Year's Eve is still sitting in the fridge unopened.  Does cheap champagne get better or worse with age?.    We should be moving somewhere just a few days before my birthday so maybe then.  

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

January 1, 2015 7:31 am  #3

Happy New Year's 2015 ~ may you all have a prosperous and healthy year and get more of your games finished. 

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

January 1, 2015 9:05 am  #4

Okay, Tirama, our sales statitician.  BFG is having a one day BOGO.  Monday the 26th is the last Monday I will be a member.  That gives me this weekend and three more.  Do you think there will be another BOGO that soon, or should I go for this one?
BFG sent me two replacement codes for two CEs several days apart but they are the same code.  ONe of those FREEGAMExxxx kinds.  I wrote back to them inquiring about it but I just got an email back that didn't really acknowledge my question, just containing the same code again.  I guess I will count on the fact that one of them will get replaced if it won't go through and assume I will have 8 punches and go from there.
So... 1 PCC and 2 punches from the two CE coupons I'm using on Monday.  I have one PCC from last month so that gives me two PCCs to use so that will get my punches up to 4 so I just need to use 1 GCC today and I should come out even.  So I need to find 2 CEs by Monday, 2 SEs today, and 2 more SEs by the last Monday of the month.  I think that's right.
None of the Customer Service coupons can be used in sales, right?  The best we can do with them is use them on Mondays and get double punches, right?
ETA:  Gamehouse used to have sales codes on the sides of the main page, I haven't seen any in a long time.  They haven't had any sales or specials this last month, have they?  If they have I haven't been able to see them.  There's a discount game I'd like to get but I'd like to get it even cheaper if possible.

Last edited by WendyDarling (January 1, 2015 9:28 am)

January 1, 2015 9:27 am  #5

wendy - last year the New Year's Day BOGO was the only BOGO in January.  And there hasn't been a weekend BOGO since the beginning of October.  So it's probably a god idea to use your GCC today.

And you're correct, you can't use a customer serive coupon in a sale.  It's best to use them on Mondays and get two punches.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

January 1, 2015 1:47 pm  #6

I want the Graven game but the dev, Orchid games, has a prior game that's over on GH so I would like to use a GH coupon on it if I could, so I guess I'll wait on that one.  Maybe I'll get the last two Surface games, I like the series, or at least the first couple games, haven't played any of the recent ones.  I don't care about collecting the flowers in that series so the SE is fine by me.  What is everybody else getting?  Or are you all too hung over to go shopping
What do these mean?
 zombie?
 dead?
 Why two of these?
 Why so many tired ones?
 I do like this one, I'll have to work it in more.
  Is one mad, and one mad that it's cold?

January 1, 2015 2:20 pm  #7

I'm not buying anything.  I got 4 CE's in the Christmas BOGO and two SE's last Monday with pcc's.  I need to play some of them.

January 1, 2015 4:15 pm  #8

I'm going to try to hold off buying anything with cash for a couple of months.  I have more than enough to keep me occupied.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

January 1, 2015 4:26 pm  #9

Are you guys resolving to finish your games in 2015?  ...when pigs fly, lol.
I got Surface Reel Life and Surface Game of Gods.  I want all these games but when it's time for me to join for a month I don't really want them that badly anymore.  Still trying to conserve GCCs, too.  I imagine all my half price ones are gone, I bought a few when they were 25% off, too, but I only have 6 or 7 left and I think those are probably from joining 3 or 4 times a year.  They were fun while they lasted, I think I bought almost $150 worth, and then only used them in BOGOs, I've coasted all this time on them.

January 1, 2015 4:56 pm  #10

I doubt I'll finish all my games this year.  But I've been trying to finish them for 3 years.  The first 2 years I finished more than I bought.  This year I went in the wrong direction, thanks in part to free to play games.

Also, I need to cut back on spending until the hospital bills are paid.  We hit our deductible last year, so in Dec didn't have to pay anything out of pocket.  But January will mean co-pays and paying a percentage.

Board footera