Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 18, 2014 5:58 am  #21

Re: POND NEWS

freyasmom wrote:

I want to apologize for not having "POND NEWS" and BFG's Weekly Game Releases for this week posted today (Monday).   I did a serious damage to my hip/side/whatever earlier today and couldn't make it to my computer.  I promise both lists will have  updated info on Tuesday.

Have a lovely day/evening/night. 

Um, you could have watched it on your phone with the Facebook app... (runs for cover in case Freyasmom throws phone my way).....

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

November 18, 2014 11:08 am  #22

lol-ing at the pair of you.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

November 18, 2014 11:10 am  #23

I am sorry you're not feeling good freyasmom. Take it easy.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

November 18, 2014 3:21 pm  #24

I hope you're feeling better, too.  What the heck did you do to yourself?

November 19, 2014 1:48 am  #25

WendyDarling wrote:

freyasmom wrote:

I want to apologize for not having "POND NEWS" and BFG's Weekly Game Releases for this week posted today (Monday).   I did a serious damage to my hip/side/whatever earlier today and couldn't make it to my computer.  I promise both lists will have  updated info on Tuesday.

Have a lovely day/evening/night. 

Um, you could have watched it on your phone with the Facebook app... (runs for cover in case Freyasmom throws phone my way).....

That would be a wonderful idea but my fon scares me   And, much to my chagrin, was unable to post it today (Tuesday) as I planned because my stupid frigging back (SFB in military language - choose whatever u wish the "B" to stand for - lol) cost me a full day and partial evening in the emergency room.  Pain shot, steroid shot, good news/bad news scenario now over, I am going to post in the a.m. (Wednesday).  Sigh.  Better late than never.

But, At least you're reading!!!!! 

Hugs to all

P.S.  I would NEVER throw my fon at anyone - it scares me.  It would probably come at me in the middle of the night during the one hour I sleep.  Perhaps Freya's new and fav toy - causing her to jump madly on you, lick you (up the nose and in the mouth in her excited frenzy of meeting someone new) and then make you play fetch.  RFLMAO

Have a lovely ...................

Where am I going? And why am I in this hand basket!!!?

November 19, 2014 1:59 am  #26

As to what did I do?  Hmmm.  I know what I DIDN'T do.

I didn't FALL (am gravity - impaired)
I didn't LIFT ANYTHING HEAVY (actually nothing at all in a day or two beforehand because I've been feeling lazy)
I didn't TWIST, TURN, BEND OVER or do any other calisthenic type activity (because I've been lazy and watching t.v.) and I didn't ........... well, I can't think of anything else I didn't do to hurt myself except get up from the living room chair and found out .... I couldn't.
Having ruled out the things I DIDN'T do, I still can't come up with what I possibly HAD done.  Sigh.  I'm old.

I DID self-medicate because I hate hospitals, doctors and emergency rooms.  It worked for 4 days ... felt better for  1-1/2 days .... then went to get up from same chair with WORSE results.

Hypothesis:  Did I feel better because I had been medicating with pain meds and muscle relaxers for 4 days and it was a "false positive" in regards to being better?  OR, is it the narcoleptic chair's fault?

I respect the nurse assistant's assessment although I disagree with it.  Only because my experience with back pain over 30 years says she's incorrect.  Of course, I didn't tell her that because she was like ... 10 and I didn't want to rain on her parade.  I will follow up with my doc, discuss with him and then share with everyone the final diagnosis.  Just because my life's an open book and if ya'll are talking about me you're leaving everyone else alone - KIDDING!  Because you cared enough to ask.  Thank you.

Hugs - going now to watch THE video.

November 19, 2014 3:38 am  #27

IT'S HERE!!!!!  I'M BACK!  I didn't forget you OR let TiramSue down by NOT posting promptly on Monday morning.  I was unable to ... due to circumstances totally beyond my control. 

However, IT'S HERE FOR YOUR READING PLEASURE! 

POND NEWS:  For the week of November 17 - 23, 2014

Please note that there were some things on "Jessica's Playlist" that I felt were more appropriate in POND NEWS so I'm posting them here instead.  Isn't there some rule like "author's discretion" or something???  LOL.

CASCADE:  (?)

For everyone who LOVES playing Cascade, BFG has added15 new levels to "Cascade".  So, if you are dying to play this game and play little "Jaspar", you have 15 new levels.  Ok, I DID my research after the whole "I didn't know what the heck Gummy Drop was" fiasco. LOL   Here is the description from the video promoting the game back in July: 

Cascade is THE game that will finally break everyone’s Candy Crush sweet tooth! Cascade is a level-based Match-3 game that combines a unique mash-up of skill and luck with a slots mechanic.  This game was launched 7/2014.  That's all I know.  Period.   I'm going to assume it's a Facebook/Phone game (?) and since I'm not really on FB a lot and don't play games on my fon (my fon scares me ok? ), I know nothing of this game.  PLEASE feel free to educate me - anyone.  I thank you in advance.

Fairway Solitaire Blast (?) 
is now available to play on Facebook.  Tournaments are open to everyone and not just those signed in on Facebook.  Well, THAT seemed kind of uninformative to me.  If you don't just play on FB, is this a BFG F2P game?  Where else can I find it?    If anyone knows, please fill me in because I own 2 editions of Fairway and LOVE it

Now, THIS is strictly MY entry and contribution to this conversation thread:

Did you know that this week is National Game and Puzzle Week?  Do YOU remember the first game YOU ever played????  Let's make this interesting:  1- the first game you remember playing as a child (like a game game not tag or hide-n-seek) and 2 - the first game you played as an adult - let's say after you hit 30 (for those of you who ARE over 30 -  ok, I know,   NONE of us are over 30 but just play along anyway - lol ).  Let's all share!

For me:  My first game as a child.  I didn't play any board games.  As an adult?  Hmm.  I don't remember.  I DO remember it was on a Monday night and I was with all 3 of my kids and we had a BLAST!  Ultimately, games moved to my bed (because THAT was our convening area in the house - a BIG HUGE COMFY CALIF KING BED .  I DO recall a game that involved a plastic shaped foot, play dough, a game board and stomping whatever we made with the play dough and laughing like a bunch of loons  - but for the life of me I can't remember the name of the game.  You can find it now only on eBay.  I've looked.

NOW ON TO THE REAL POND NEWS:

As mentioned last week, Jessica and Carlos were in San Francisco filming an upcoming segment called "Gummy by the Bay".  They went to several tourist sites including Ghiradelli Square and were supposed to bring home some chocolate items but something happened to them on the plane home - I think they got eaten.  Those who watched POND NEWS got to see an intro to the segment - it was very cool.  These new Gummy Drop Segments will start appearing in December - there are 3 segments.

Give-a-way BFG is giving away 5 - $25 iTunes gift cards  All YOU have to do to try to win one is go to BFG's Facebook page and say "I love the Pond", or Tweet "I love #the Pond".  You can enter either way (or both ways?).Winners will be announced next week on POND NEWS.  I'll also post the winners names here.

Mystery Case Files:

The name of the new MCF game is:  Dire Grove, Sacred Grove.  Release date is November 25th.  Since I didn't follow the clues given out in the past weeks, I didn't get this date until now. According to Carlos: b ecause even when the game is known, you haven't played yet, and there is a lot of stuff weird and fun stuff going on - here's a clue. (these are "chopped up words" - words you have to reassemble) in animal directing the coyotes trees known bears to watching disappear men then (not sure about this word) have are outfits they people to tie the they you.  So, make something senseible of this.

I'm challenging you guys to tell me what this says.   The first one to decipher it will get a FREE PCC CODE from yours truly ... me...... freyasmom.   Good luck and have fun!

Carlos has also been appearing in various MCF Forums and PondFriends Forums (blech, ech, wash MY mouth out with soap!) and thinks everyone will be talking about this game for a full year after it's releaseDoes this mean Carlos will continue to be on these various Forums???  Hmmmm.  Sorry, can't get you any info from any of those sites.

And, last but not least:

Carlos and Jessica want to know:
What do YOU want to see on POND FRIENDS?  Let them know via Tweeting .. or I'll make the dip into tweeting on your behalf if you respond and make your wishes known here.  Be forewarned I have never tweeted in my life .... but for you ..... I'll give it a whirl.
(me being anxious - lol).

I decided while writing this post that I DO have a request:  Please be more informative when talking about certain things because I feel like they give "x" amount of info and then leave me hanging, but not in a way that means there's more info coming next week .... just ..... hanging.

That's all for this week, everyone.  Thank you so very much for your impatience - NO I MEAN PATIENCE! in getting this out late.  Come back next week for more ............... POND NEWS!

November 19, 2014 10:18 am  #28

Aargh! I had this big post and "swooshed" it away by accident.

I'll have to sit and stare at that sentence for a bit.  I love a good word puzzle.

I gather Pond Friends is where you were treated badly.   forgetaboutem!

I am going to look up Elizabeth Bathory, and if I sign on to FB I'll post i lov BFG, It is rare I go on there.

As for fairway blast, yup you don't have to go thru FB, it's a .... app!! Lol

As for games I love games, board games, cards whatever.  When I was a kid we played Rummoli as a family almost weekly.  Still love that game and play with my sister and her kids.  Probably my first board game was Trouble or Sorry.  As an adult I don't really recall, but I did pick up two really fabulous board games in the last year or two, Ticket to Ride and Pandemic.  Pandemic has some expander games as well.  The great thing about it it is a cooperative game so you all have to win together. When you are playing with a teenage boy that is helpful.  I do like Settlers of Kaatan as well.  And Quirkle and RummyQ. I could go on.  I just need some people to play with. 

Last edited by oscar66 (November 19, 2014 10:24 am)

November 19, 2014 1:09 pm  #29

So sorry to hear about your back hurting freyasmom, Ouchie!  Thanks for the next edition of the Pond News.

I heard of  Elizabeth Bathory.  I saw something on TV about her.  Some weirdo countess who would bathe in blood baths   and had a blood fetish.  The blood coming from the virgin victims that she killed.  Thinking it would keep her young.     Since she was highly born, her family looked the other way.  It went on for 25 years before it was stopped. I think because she started taking & killing her friend's children and not just street children.  This happened in the 16th & 17th Century.

My first memory of playing a board game is Whosit.  I also played Monopoly  when I was a kid + Yahtzee & backgammon which are not technically  board games.  As a adult, I played Monopoly, Clue, Sorry. Life, Connect Four, Battle Ship with my own kids.  Plus lots of Yahtzee until everyone, but me was sick of it.  Mostly nowadays we play cards.  Pinochle, spades, zero, shanghai.

I'll try with that sentence.  I don't have much hope I'll get it though.  I'm terrible at rearranging letters in a word or words in a sentence.

Last edited by sunshinej (November 19, 2014 1:17 pm)

i ♥ nirvana

November 19, 2014 2:09 pm  #30

I've tried to read the MCF threads through the years and they're not for me.  I don't mind doing cryptograms but the MCF ones are just too hard for me.  And the clues you get out of them don't help.  And I don't care that much anyway, I'm getting the game no matter what, but I'm waiting for a sale, and probably until the SE comes out, the CEs never seem to have enough extra to be worth it.
Sorry about your back.  Flexeril knocks me right out and T3 makes me queasy.   Hubby's went out this year for the first time and now he understands.  I'm 54, he's 39 and his body is just now starting to act old every now and then.  I used to kinda roll my eyes when people started talking about their health, now I'm old enough that I pay attention and ask questions, lol. 
Yes, they have Fairway Solitaire as a FTP.  I think they might have a couple of them, one of them is called Fairway Blast.  It takes forever to load on my tablet, though.  I think the Blast one has a daily course or goal or something.  Maybe you can download it on your smart.
I think the first game I played was Chutes and Ladders or else Candyland.   I have 2 that live in my memory, though.  One was called King of the Hill or Mountain.  It was a plastic molded mountain with tunnels through it and you moved a marble up the path.  If you landed on the wrong spot your ball would go through the tunnel and come out somewhere further down the path.  If you made it to the top your marble made a crown come out of the top of the hill.
The other is Mouse Trap.  I wanted that so bad.  Christmas Eve my parents let me unwrap a 'special' present, one they knew I'd been wanting.  Then they laughed like hell when I opened up the box and there was a real mousetrap inside.  My parents were really weird when it came to Christmas.  They would wrap up my own possesions.  It sucked.  I'm thinking I'm getting a present and it's my comb... or a can of corn... or toilet paper.  That's not funny to a child.
As an adult I used to play a lot of Trivial Pursuit.  We play mainly Sorry now.  Triple Yahtzee was a staple in our house, we'd play at least 6 games a day.  High score game would be hung on the fridge until somebody else beat it.  When Mom died I took her old cracked, disgustingly filthy Yahtzee cup.  Did I mention we were weird?  When it comes to cards we played Euchre, and it was cut-throat.  People left the table in tears.  We took our Euchre seriously.  Just the other day I went looking for a Pinocle app.  I only played it for 6 months in an RV park in Fl, think it was in 99.  I really liked it and have always wanted to learn it better, but I need some computer opponents for awhile to remember it.

Board footera