Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 11, 2014 2:21 am  #1

POND NEWS

Thank you all for coming by and checking out the new thread for BFG's Pond News Video information.  Here, on a weekly basis, you will find information regarding gaming news, contests and give-a-ways, Mystery Case File clues and much more.

As usual, feel free to post your comments, input and suggestions - such as "is this really something I want to read every week?"

ENJOY!

Where am I going? And why am I in this hand basket!!!?

November 11, 2014 2:42 am  #2

Re: POND NEWS

This week (11-11-14 thru 11-16-14) on POND NEWS:

A BIG REVEAL:

In December, a new game is coming ----------------- From the Developers of Gummy Drop. 
It has to to with history:

Midnight Mysteries:  Ghost Writing.  -  Charles Dickens and Washington Irving are 2 friends with a dark secret. Their fictional characters are coming to life.  A mysterious twist on real life events, you get to go into their most famous works and change the outcome of stories.  Irving wrote Sleepy Hollow; Dickens wrote A Christmas Carol and A Tale of 2 Citites.  You will be able to go into the books. 

You get to put your name on a mailbox
Watch a mysterious shadowy figure who hides in the closet
You get a pet raven
And, as in all recent Legacy games, your cursor is a bone-hand 

Midnight Mysteries is a long series of games, starting with Edgar Allen Poe.  

[b]Mystery Case Files Clues posted posted previously on POND NEWS:[/b]

Snowflakes  -  there will be snow in the new MCF game
One clue featured an upside down person with a mask on
Another clue read:  Ted, has a secret, dog
This week's clue:  Forest Light is an interesting character.  If you don't want to watch this really long video, the clue shows a clip of a "tree" shadow skulking through a snowy forest.  

For you Gummy Drop players:

Gummy Drop News
A new feature - a Trade Center, it's located in Sydney on the way to St. Mary's Cathedral.  You need some resource markets to build one.  Get the silver businessman, replay the levels along the trade area and they will build it for you.  The silver businessmen have a cute little gummy tie.  You need this to buy and sell resources.  The trade center allows you to buy and sell resources.  If your running low on a specific resource the Trade Center allows you to buy more and how much of that resource to purchase.  You can buy more or sell your resources for extra coins and you can buy/sell with the locals.  In other levels of Tokyo, you can "trade" with the "locals". 

Every area you're in, you can do this. 
 You don't need it for Sydney but u will need it in other areas.

Coming up next week in Gummy Drop News - the Green Gem:  You need the Green Gem Drill and the only way to get it is to build the Trade Center in Sydney.

Do YOU Play Fairway Solitaire???????

Last week, players of Fairway Solitaire were able to go to the Fairway Solitaire Facebook page and submit pictures of their cats.  If they won, their cat was featured in the Daily Solitaire Challenge. 

This week, Fairway Solitaire is celebrating our canine companions.  Go to the Fairway Solitaire Facebook page and submit pictures of your puppies and doggies.  If you win, your puppy or doggy will be featured in the Daily Solitaire Challenge.  Your pet could be featured on one of the cards in the game.

Panda Pandemonium is celebrating the Fall with autumn-inspired theme tiles which will remind you of hot cider, turkeys and falling leaves. 

Next week on POND NEWS:

More Gummy Drop News info as Jessica and Carlos film in San Francisco, a 3-part video
   called "Gummy in the Bay".
More MCF Clues
More contest and give-a-way news
More of EVERYTHING!

November 12, 2014 10:18 am  #3

Thank you for all this info!

Do you know when the new MCF is being released?  I rarely venture over to Pond Friends and haven't got a clue when the date is.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

November 13, 2014 12:32 am  #4

oscar66 wrote:

Do you know when the new MCF is being released? I rarely venture over to Pond Friends and haven't got a clue when the date is.

Thanks so much, Oscar, I hope you'll continue to follow "POND NEWS" every week.

"POND NEWS" is in no way related to "Pond Friends".  It's actually a new weekly video put out on the BigFish Games facebook page.  To the bestt of my knowledge, the new MCF is due for a late-November, early December release.  If I hear anything different, I'll let you know.  I heard through the grapevine, though, that almost all the MCF games were released near the end of November.

Have you played the beta game for the new MCF yet?

November 13, 2014 9:20 am  #5

I saw that after the fact on the blog page, but it will be much nicer to read your synopsis.

No, I haven't tried the beta yet.  I tend to not try any betas anymore, just no time.  I have such a full roster!  Plus if I demo or  beta I'm always thrown when i do play the games as it is all so familiar, I start to think hmm have I played this?

That said I should do the beta as I was disappointed with Shadow Lake, I probably would not have bought it if I'd demo'd it.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

November 13, 2014 9:39 am  #6

Everyone I've spoken to really disliked Shadow Lake.   I played the beta for the new MCF game and thought it was pretty darn good - and that's coming from NOT a great MCF fan, at least not as obsessive as I've seen some people.    In fact, I think the only game I didn't play besides Shadow Lake was Dire Grove and this new one is a sequel to Dire Grove.  So, I picked it up (Dire Grove) on a freebie day.  They actually GAVE AWAY the entire SE for FREE! 

If you DO decide to play it and need the link, please let me know.  I think I still have it somewhere.

Since I don't know your time zone/country .....

Have a lovely day/evening/night.

November 13, 2014 10:03 am  #7

It is currently 10:03am.  I'm in Ontario Canada. You?

Last edited by oscar66 (November 13, 2014 10:04 am)

November 13, 2014 10:35 am  #8

oscar66 wrote:

Do you know when the new MCF is being released? I rarely venture over to Pond Friends and haven't got a clue when the date is.

Oscar, the MCF games for PC are always released the Tuesday or Wednesday before U.S. Thanksgiving.  So it will be released the 26th or 27th of this month for game club members. If you are not still a member you will have to wait until the 27th. Supposedly the official announcement of release date will be this week but will be very surprised if it is a different date. 

Last edited by Govols2 (November 13, 2014 10:36 am)

November 13, 2014 10:35 am  #9

I enjoyed reading the Pond News here.  Very nice freyasmom. 

Govols...I was just trying to remember just when it was.  I knew it was around the US Thanksgiving.  A late date this year.

Am I the only one who doesn't know what  Gummy Drop is?  LoL

Last edited by sunshinej (November 13, 2014 10:42 am)

i ♥ nirvana

November 13, 2014 11:23 pm  #10

Govols: Thanks so very much for the info regarding the MCF upcoming release dates.  Not being a big MCF fan, I really don't pay that much attention to those details.  Whew.  Glad somebody does.   I'm sure the CE Release thread will have that info the Monday right before the game comes out.  It's the thread that TiramaSue started.  Mine was called something boring like "BFG Weekly Game Releases" or something like that.  I just don't know how to do the "cool" name thing.  lol.

Oscar:  I think we're either on the same time or you're an hour ahead of me.  I'm Central US Time. It's 10:15 p.m. ish now.  Not that that really helps because nobody's online but me.  lol.  I keep forgetting to log off because I try to pop on my laptop multiple times a day.  Just depends on how much my back is hurting (pinched a nerve - don't know how) or my knees (I have reallllly old knees) or how much attention Freya wants (only ALL of my time).  I try to be online at least from 6 am-ish to noonish every day.  And again from 7 pm-ish until whenever but lately Freya has had me downstairs and away from the laptop as early as 6 am (sleep dog sleep!) and then I just never make it back up until 11 pm-ish sometimes.  WAY too early and WAY too late, respectively.  I AM usually on all night, though, as sleep is a real issue for me lately.  The issue being ..... I sleep about an hour every night.  Sigh.

sunshinej:  Thanks so much for checking out Pond News.  If people keep reading it, I'll keep on posting it.  Thank you, LORD, for shorthand!  LOL.  As to Gummy Drop.  Don't have the least littlest clue what kind of game it is.  I THINK it's on FB.  I'm pretty sure it's free.  I "want" to say it's along the same lines as "candy crush", but don't hold me to any of those answers.  I'd be happy to check it out if you'd like and let you know what it is ..... exactly.  Sigh.  The sacrifices I make just to hang with the cool kids.    lol

Thank you all for reading Pond News.  It's my pleasure to bring you the latest and greatest info and keep us all informed on the ..... latest and ............. greatest ............ things going on???? 

Have a lovely day/evening/night.

Board footera