Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 16, 2014 12:43 pm  #11

Re: Oldest HOPA Game Challenge 11/1/2014 to 11/30/2014

Next games in this challenge to play before end of November:

13. Abra Academy (8/19/09) Finished 11/23/14 ~ enjoyed it, fun little game.
14. Forgotten Riddles - The Mayan Princess (8/21/09) 
15. Blood Ties (8/22/09) Finished 11/27/14 - gritty, dark

Since we started this challenge in late August, I have completed 13 of my games, which for me is pretty good.  Most of them have been just so-so but they're still fun to play since I can see how far they and I have come since I first joined BFG.  Still working on Rite of Passage: The Perfect Show CE.
It's cold today and just starting to snow so perfect day to hunker down and play games.

Last edited by teeitup46ok (November 29, 2014 3:34 am)

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

November 17, 2014 10:06 am  #12

A big Whoops!  I listed Shaolin Mysteries: Tale of the Jade Dragon.  What I downloaded and played was Shaolin Mysteries:  Revenge of the Terracotta Warriors.  Going to leave Columbus: Ghost of the Mystery Stone to later and do the Jade Dragon one next.. 

I

i ♥ nirvana

November 17, 2014 10:20 am  #13

This thread is making me feel good!  I have most of the games you all list and I've even played a few!  I remember liking ABRA ACADEMY but i don't see it in my purchase history.  I've played the other two games that Teeitup lists.

I haven't finished nearly as many as you have Tee.  Right now I'm trying to play AMULET OF TIME but it's bogging down.  The first two chapters were pretty good.  Now it's pretty much "look at the WT, do something, look at the walkthrough...."

November 17, 2014 6:52 pm  #14

You're so funny, lilyr ~ I've decided after I finish these three, I'm gonna scoot down my list to get to some actual HOPA as a lot of my old games are mostly HOG/PUZ and I'm getting my fill of them for now.  Aside from the M3's, solitiare type games, a lot of the DD's I bought are arcade types for kids so will wait till the GK's come over again and let them try them out.  Some of my really old ones that I played and would like to replay one day are Flux Family Secrets: The Time Ripple, Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine, Enlightenus, just to see if they would seem a lot easier now than they did back then.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

November 18, 2014 4:45 pm  #15

I knew I'd demo'd ABRA ACADEMY before but hoped it was with an older computer.  It was.  I started playing and I'm stuck in the same place I had been the first time  --  the Green House (level 3, year 1).  I was out of hints and had 2 items to find.  I just looked at the game again and I have another hint!  IF I can find the 2 items I might get the game with a PCC on Monday.  And I'm not really happy that it's a semi-timed game.

November 19, 2014 12:55 am  #16

I finished up my challenge three today!  So I think I will just play some "gravy games" the rest of the month.

Fun fact, the game Blood Ties is based on the tv show and the main vampire is my besties nephew.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

November 21, 2014 6:23 am  #17

I finished Shaolin Mysteries: Tale of the Jade Dragon.  It was a very pleasant game.  Nice scenery, relaxing music and HO scenes were either straight list or a bubble pop-up, which was nice because I don't see many of those type.

i ♥ nirvana

November 29, 2014 1:38 am  #18

Looks like we all did lots of clean up this month!

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

Board footera