Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 1, 2014 12:16 pm  #11

Re: Awakening Kingdoms- A Steward's Diary Comments

lilyr wrote:

Still plotting her escape, huh?  The Home Depot reference had me genuinely LOL!  And Lucky's "yeah, right, now pull the other one" look.  Great stuff Tirama!

She's only been there 4 days.  Not ready to concede that there's no way back to Beechwood Cove.  Not ready to foresake all creature comforts to be wth Captain Greg.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

October 1, 2014 1:24 pm  #12

I can totally understand her not wanting to give up creature comforts!  I can play outside in the mud all day but I want an indoor bathroom, a comfy bed and central heat  and AC when I'm finished playing (or hiking, or whatever).

October 2, 2014 10:27 am  #13

lilyr wrote:

I can totally understand her not wanting to give up creature comforts!  I can play outside in the mud all day but I want an indoor bathroom, a comfy bed and central heat  and AC when I'm finished playing (or hiking, or whatever).

The kingdom doesn't need AC, the temperature is very temperate.  The beds are comfy enough, Berengaria usually falls asleep right away, she's so tired.  I did a quick check on wikipedia regarding toilets, and since AK seems to be a curious blend of time periods (baseball bats, vinyl records, Seth has a pocket watch but Greg walks around in chain mail and trousers and boots resembling those worn by peasants working in Czarist Russia), I've decided that one of their more creative Goblins has invented indoor plumbing.

What Berengaria is missing is her iPad, laptop and Smart Phone.  And that big honking truck she drove back in Beechwood Cove which gave her more energy and allowed her to carry more stuff.  Not to mention Mac and Cheese, Pizza and Lasagna.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

October 2, 2014 2:17 pm  #14

Love it!  B seems a bit more snarky in this iteration.  You go into sooo much detail!  I'd forgotten quite a bit of the start of the game.  That soldier would creep me out too (from what you've said about him).  Of course B misses pizza -- she's 19! 

October 2, 2014 11:51 pm  #15

You outdid yourself with this one Tirama.  Brava!!  I laughed (really, I did) I got slightly anxious, I volunteered to haul Quinn and Mr Vanderkins down to that dungeon....  Loved it!

October 4, 2014 11:25 pm  #16

I like Captain Efficiency! And you made me grin by saying Blessilda's energy drinks were vile & cursed enough.  Also chuckled over B's saying she was buying & selling 10s of 1000s of $s of antiques & now she's getting stuffed animals for a talking owl.  Good stuff Tirama!

October 5, 2014 11:16 pm  #17

Early on it sounded as though B had gotten up on the wrong side of the bed.  But everything came out at the end.  Just a guess but was creepy guy by any chance dissing B?

October 5, 2014 11:24 pm  #18

lilyr wrote:

Early on it sounded as though B had gotten up on the wrong side of the bed.  But everything came out at the end.  Just a guess but was creepy guy by any chance dissing B?

He was being lewd, crude and rude about her.  Not sure what you mean by "everything came out at the end".  I assure nothing improper happened.

October 6, 2014 4:33 pm  #19

lol  No.  I meant that B and Captain Greg were, ahem, "friends" again!   (a proper kiss)

October 8, 2014 8:38 pm  #20

Ooh, neat.  Cue the Twilight Zone music.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

Board footera