Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 27, 2014 11:01 pm  #1

Awakening Kingdoms- A Steward's Diary Comments

This thread is a place where people can leave comments about the Steward's Diary. 

Diary entries can be found here:   http://finishyourgames.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=172

Last edited by TiramaSue (November 25, 2014 12:57 pm)

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

September 28, 2014 7:47 am  #2

Re: Awakening Kingdoms- A Steward's Diary Comments

Nice little back story!  It sort of makes one wonder how they won the war.  Or are they so traumatized by the war that they just seem so inept.  Or is it natural to expect the Steward to solve all the problems?  Maybe it would seem impertinent for a lowly citizen to do something without permission.  And oh, how easy things were in the early days! 

September 28, 2014 10:11 pm  #3

lilyr wrote:

Nice little back story!  It sort of makes one wonder how they won the war.  Or are they so traumatized by the war that they just seem so inept.  Or is it natural to expect the Steward to solve all the problems?  Maybe it would seem impertinent for a lowly citizen to do something without permission.  And oh, how easy things were in the early days! 

From what I could see from the intro to the game, AK picks up where the Skyward Castle left off.  The opening cut scenes even show Captain Greg on the balacony with Sophia and another woman (maybe the maid Sophia rescued in Skyward Castle?)  accepting the cheers from the people below.  Then Dreadmyre puts a curse on the kingdom and Sophia makes tracks to find the Sunhook Spire and appoints a steward to look after the kingdom.

So I imagine people are still shell-shocked from the war, which really ended just days before the new steward arrives, and Captain Greg's nose is a little out of joint at sharing power, even though he must realize that he can't deal with the safety of the kingdom and take on handing the finances as well.  And he certainly didn't expect a 19 year old girl to be given the job.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

September 29, 2014 9:33 am  #4

Wow!  Really nice, meaty account of B's experiences in the Kingdom.  I LOL'd when she said Captain Greg must be an accountant in RL!

September 29, 2014 7:18 pm  #5

I love the references to Beechwood Cove.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

September 30, 2014 7:18 am  #6

Then she woke up, all her bolgins and friends were gone, and she realized it was just a dream...

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

September 30, 2014 7:24 am  #7

WendyDarling wrote:

Then she woke up, all her bolgins and friends were gone, and she realized it was just a dream...

That's so not funny.  I wanted to play so much last night and continue writing.  Now I'm stuck waiting to see if my game can be fixed or whether I have to start over with the new friend code.   And these stupid icons doing even have a crying one.

September 30, 2014 4:06 pm  #8

WendyDarling wrote:

It's funny to me...

"The problem whit the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence"
                                                                                                             Charles Bukowski

September 30, 2014 4:10 pm  #9

well I decide whit big smile on my face to go for it .I will do update and if I lose - well who know why is that good.

"The problem whit the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence"
                                                                                                             Charles Bukowski

September 30, 2014 10:31 pm  #10

Still plotting her escape, huh?  The Home Depot reference had me genuinely LOL!  And Lucky's "yeah, right, now pull the other one" look.  Great stuff Tirama!

Board footera