Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 23, 2014 5:58 pm  #11

Re: Oldest HOPA Game Challenge 8/21/2014-9/30/2014

Teeitup   Yay!  With Madame Fate is not easy to see all the morphs and little objects.  I love the game though.  Played that one twice myself.

oscar...Okay, good I thought that the time was good to, so I leave it like it is.
I did Shades of Death and enjoyed it too.

I am enjoying The Fool.  It is from magicindie and I like their games. 

i ♥ nirvana

August 30, 2014 12:20 am  #12

So glad I got MF done on the 22nd because Sat. morning I had a pipe burst that ran from my front water faucet and two bedrooms had water soaking into the carpets along the wall between them so have been dealing with that all week.  Had to shut my desktop down and although I was able to rehook my modem and wifi so I could use my laptop, I couldn't remember how to get here.  Started Return to Ravenhearst but didn't get very far.  Got my computer hooked back up but having issues with the sound and can't find a cord for my printer.  Just started taking everything apart so we could move it and I knew I should have labeled some stuff before I took it apart.  Oh well, will get it figured out. 

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

September 2, 2014 11:31 am  #13

Teeitup...So sorry to hear about your water mess trouble.  It can and does get everywhere and can leave such a musty smell as it is drying up.  I hope that it didn't cause too much damage and you were able to get your computer up and running as good as new.

Oscar...Yay! For finishing Shades of Death.  Another one down for you. Way to go!

I finished Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven.  This game was really good.  I think I enjoyed the second novella the most, it is about the dead woman and seeing who killed her.

i ♥ nirvana

September 3, 2014 1:25 pm  #14

I know I haven't finished all three from the original list, but I am going to add another three.

Top Secret Finders - 5/31/2012 (Done 1/10/2014)
Mystery Age 2 - The Dark Priests - 6/27/2012
Nemo's Secret Vulcania - 7/21/2012 - (Done 10/09/2014)

Last edited by oscar66 (October 1, 2014 10:06 pm)

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

September 3, 2014 4:01 pm  #15

oscar -- I WISH my oldest HOPAs were this new. 

September 3, 2014 5:36 pm  #16

Lol Lily you need more spare time.  I have been steadily cleaning up the 2011s, so I think they are all gone and prior stuff I'm done.  My oldest BFG game was 2005, and thankfully I have nothing o/s from those years!  I'd feel totally overwhelmed.  I probably have over 100 bought unplayed ones and 30 demos in my GM, that is overwhelming enough.  I keep telling myself to stop buying.  It would take me at least a yr and a half just to finish these ones.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

September 7, 2014 10:49 am  #17

Well, I finished MCF: Return to Ravenhearst and that was one, long hard game.  I bought the strategy guide a long time ago but luckily I had printed off one from somewhere so with the help of that one and You-tube videos on some of the really hard puzzles, I made it.  Hate cheating but don't think I could have made it through that one on my own.  Loved it, but boy it was creepy.

Next up on my challenge is Azada so will start that one later plus may start Dire Grove since it is the next one in my personal challenge to play all the MCF's in order.  My brother is coming in on Thursday to celebrate our folks' 90th birthdays this summer so got lots of cleaning up and putting stuff back from the recent water damage.  On a roll with my games, though, so would rather play than clean.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

September 7, 2014 4:30 pm  #18

teeitup -- Congrats on finishing RETURN TO RAVENHEARST.  I did enjoy it (and used the SG a lot!).   That's actually the last RAVENHEARST I ever bought.  ESCAPE  just seemed too gross.  Hope you all have a great time with the birthday celebration!

Last edited by lilyr (September 7, 2014 4:31 pm)

September 7, 2014 9:41 pm  #19

Dire Grove is fricking awesome.  I replayed it over the winter and I liked it even better than I did the first time I played it.  It has tapes in it that give it The Blair Witch Project vibe.  The actors are really good.
It's not my oldest game, but it's from 2011.  Creepy Tales: Lost in Vasel Land.  It's a FROG that got terrible reviews but I really like FROGs.  The bad reviews were because of how dark it was and how itsy bitsy teeny weeny the pieces are.  The devs went back and lightened the game up and issued an update, so that's not a problem anymore, but the pieces are realllllly small!!!!.  I've only had to use two hints so far, and for one of them the correct piece was definitely (always have trouble spelling that one) not the same one as the picture, it was something totally different, and the other one kinda looked like the picture.  It tells you what you're assembling so I like to figure out what it's going to look like after I find the pieces.  You have to find a lot of screws, nuts, and bolts, they're what's so tiny.  The bad feature of this game is the hint button.  It shows you the item in the HO scene but when you use it outside of an HO it does nothing.  All you can do with it is drag an inventory item on it and it shows a picture of where that item can be used.  That's fine if you've reached that scene, but if you haven't it's no help at all.  Right now all I have is a shovel but I don't recognize the scene it shows and that's all it tells me.  The map helps a bit, you can't transport and the locations aren't named, but it shows if there's a HO or puzzle available to do, so you don't have to traipse all over hoping to find one that reactivated.  It's set in an amusement park after dark, your baby sister has been kidnapped.  The music is good and creepy.  I don't know if I will continue on, I really have to press my nose to the screen to find the screws and the hint is frustrating me, but I'll try.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

September 8, 2014 1:35 pm  #20

Teeitup...Congratulations on finishing Return to Ravenhearst.  I really enjoyed finding all the morphing objects in that game.  A Tough, but fun game.

I also liked Escape From Ravenhearst too, except for 1 section I didn't think it was too gross.   Now the atmosphere in Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge grossed me out if I played it too long in one sitting.   

Wendy...More power to you in trying to find rinky dink items.  Hope you can stick with it.

I finished The Fool and thought it was great.  Magicindie used much humor and imagination in making this game.

i ♥ nirvana

Board footera