Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 8, 2014 11:26 pm  #11

Re: Group Play - Paradise

Thank you Sun for the tips.  It runs fine, I had a quick look at it tonight and got out of the room.  I'll do some serious playing tomorrow.  The graphics are quite nice in the opening sequence.  I was really struck by the eyes on the character talking about his daughter (he some how made me think of Marlon Brando and I love the smell of napalm in the morning, not that he said that line)

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

July 9, 2014 5:41 am  #12

oscar...Yes, the graphics were very well done in the opening sequence.  Even in the game they are pretty good.  The cursor is weird though.  A sphere in which you must look closely to see if it changes to a arrow, magnifing glass, tongs (to pick things up and I found hard to see at first) bullhorn to talk to people and a spinning sphere which means you can perform a action there.

In the options menu you can locate the subtitle button which is off and once you turn it on, you can read what they are saying while listening to it too.  I found I need to see and hear what is being said to better understand.  If just hearing it even with headphones I don't always catch the whole thing.

I got as far as talking to Prince's favorite concubine and learned she wanted some sweetcakes.

It seems strange in a palace full of fountains that there is only one place to get water.  The cursor is a little fiddly here so I'll just tell you.  In the room with the pool there are two women by a couch.  Before the couch you can get next to the pool.  It is here you can get water.

Last edited by sunshinej (July 9, 2014 5:47 am)

i ♥ nirvana

July 9, 2014 11:43 pm  #13

I have done quite a bit of wandering but have yet to find anything to do other than gabbing to everyone.  I'm going to go back to the garden and finish all the dialogue with the favourite, she was boring me so I left, lol.  Maybe that will open something up for me.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

July 10, 2014 9:40 am  #14

I'm not going to be able to start on this now as my dad was sent out to hospital yesterday and waiting to find out where they are going to place him (some aggressive issues, ugh!), mom's doing poorly and I lost my folks' dog (ran off) on Tuesday (my dad's 90th birthday).  Just a mess and heartbroken about Bubbie so wouldn't be able to concentrate at all.  Will try later on.

Last edited by teeitup46ok (July 10, 2014 9:42 am)

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

July 10, 2014 10:35 am  #15

Teeitup...So sorry to hear that things are worse for your folks.  I hope that the dog, a poodle I think you said and they are a intellgent breed, finds his way back home.  Certainly understand at a time like this that you wouldn't be able to concentrate.  Maybe another game, I think both you & oscar said you both have Rhiannon yet to play.

Oscar...Yes, you need to exhaust all the conversation with the favorite to advance. 

Had my son & daughter-in-law visit last night so didn't get very far, but did find out how to get the steam bath working.

i ♥ nirvana

July 10, 2014 8:49 pm  #16

Oscar...If you get stuck Gameboomers has excellent walkthroughs.  I always try to use the one written by MaGtRo.  Will be gone for the next 2-3 days.

i ♥ nirvana

Board footera