Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 26, 2014 6:33 pm  #1

Group Play - Paradise

Ok, who would like to participate, and what is a good start date for you?

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

June 26, 2014 8:42 pm  #2

Re: Group Play - Paradise

I'm in  and i already d/l it to see if cd worked and it did.  i don't know when you want to start.  typing this on my tablet and not easy.  holiday for you on monday and for me on next friday.  do we want to wait until after or during.

i ♥ nirvana

June 26, 2014 10:15 pm  #3

How bout we wait til after the 4th.  I must check mine as well, I think I do have it on my external drive.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

June 27, 2014 6:33 am  #4

I'll give it a try and after the 4th will be better for me.  Maybe I'll have Fate's Carnival done by then plus I have two of my 2-month forum challenges starting on the 1st.  Paradise is on the external for my old computer so will DL it to this computer and check to be sure I can play it.  Ever since I got Windows 7, some of the older games pop up "access violation" notices and I have to reboot the computer every time to be able to play the games which is a PITA.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

June 27, 2014 7:42 am  #5

Okay, After the 4th will be good for me too.  That way we can all check the game on our computers and maybe some more might join in too. I mentioned this before that Big Fish has this game and has a walkthrough for it.

I played a bit to see how it works and the graphics look good for being an older game.  I keep a XP laptop for these old games on a Disc.  To save gave must right click for menu - press the save button and most important press the picture that says new and game will save.  

i ♥ nirvana

June 27, 2014 9:08 am  #6

Sounds good! And thanks for the heads up on the save.

Tee - I'm being nosy here, but what are your forum challenges?

June 27, 2014 4:51 pm  #7

oscar66 wrote:

Sounds good! And thanks for the heads up on the save.

Tee - I'm being nosy here, but what are your forum challenges?

Ok, I DL to my computer and it will run.  I looked at it for a bit and couldn't figure out how to get out but somehow I got a menu and don't know if I saved it or not.  I remembered I printed off a WT from Gameboomers while I was still working and will have that sitting right beside me.  Do you need to put a date for the save or does it just save right where you ended playing.

Oscar, I play games on Pogo (game playing site) and about the same time I found Big Fish, I found a forum that was set up to use the games on Pogo for a variety of activities.  The admistrators of that forum just up and quit a couple of years ago so went searching and found two to replace it.  They have weekly challenges like Pogo but also social events and the 2-month challenge I mentioned.  They usually have a theme and they have a couple of hosts (updaters) whose team you are a part of. There is a schedule that is posted and can have anywhere from 20-35 games and a variety of challenges for the games.  You take starting SS from the stats page on Pogo and then just play and at the end you turn in an ending SS to your updater. During the Olympics, the schedule was set up for Bronze, Silver and Gold levels which allows you to work at your own speed.  You win "tokens" or "gems" that accumulate and you can use to purchase goodies that can be used in a variety of ways.  It just makes the Pogo games a little more exciting to play and I've met lots of nice people.  I was even asked by one of the Moderators the other day if I would be interested in being on her staff as she liked my enthusiasm and participation.  Hopefully now that things are a little quieter and less stressful and a position comes open, I may just give it a whirl.  Sorry for the detailed description but I just love "games/challenges" in whatever variety I can find them.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

June 27, 2014 5:20 pm  #8

That sounds like a lot of fun Tee.  Interacting more socially as well.  It is always nice to have a challenge. I can recall playing a couple of games yonks ago on it, I think a fun balloon one.  And one of the women I used to work with played on it a lot.

Being on staff would be interesting as well.  And it's always nice to be appreciated.

Last edited by oscar66 (June 27, 2014 5:22 pm)

July 7, 2014 5:06 pm  #9

I've loaded this on I just need to check how it runs, did you all want to start Friday? Or earlier?

July 8, 2014 11:34 am  #10

oscar...How does the game run? I got slammed with a whole bunch of stuff that needed doing this past week. Totally missed the BOGO sale and forget to get yesterday's DD. This Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be busy with family reunion stuff so might as well start tonight.

Make sure you don't forget to save game before exiting and just to be sure save often while playing in case you have to go back and redo some parts.

Right clicking brings up inventory and the menu. Pressing the menu button brings up your list of buttons. ( save,load,options,main menu, quit & back) When you hit the save button make sure you click on the picture that says new. Game will automatically date & time it. You can now keep playing by hitting the back button or after making sure you saved it, you can now exit game. After you exited game and want to go back in the main menu will say new game.  Must click on the up or down buttons to find the load button and once loaded click on the most recent  picture.

I already love the leopard while game is loading up. This game was made by the guy who did the Syberia games and while not excepting it to be as great as Syberia 1 & 2. I think it should be a pretty good one.

Last edited by sunshinej (July 9, 2014 5:17 am)

i ♥ nirvana

Board footera